Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

On 5/6/2019 at 4:29 PM, The LBC said:

You didn't?  I've know that since I was a kid.  Not sure exactly how I found out, but I was like 12 when I discovered that.

The Bruiser Brody episode is a tough one.

I never thought anyone could replace Steamboat as my all time favorite. But Tony Atlas might have toppled him all because of that episode.

• Like 1

Hmm so wwe announces months in advance ambrose is done, second his contract runs out he posts the Twitter video, day after he's off to shoot a mma movie directed by Christian.  Am I giving the e too much credit that he's gonna shoot the movie and then come back as the other character so Ambrose still "wrestled his last match" 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Hmm so wwe announces months in advance ambrose is done, second his contract runs out he posts the Twitter video, day after he's off to shoot a mma movie directed by Christian.  Am I giving the e too much credit that he's gonna shoot the movie and then come back as the other character so Ambrose still "wrestled his last match" 

I'm still on that same train of thought.  It just makes no sense that WWE actually promoted he was leaving the company, especially right now with everyone thing going on with Vince's first competition with deep pockets since wcw popping up.  Everyone seems to think hes going to AEW, but I'll guess we'll see

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

The Bruiser Brody episode is a tough one.

I never thought anyone could replace Steamboat as my all time favorite. But Tony Atlas might have toppled him all because of that episode.

Yeah, I've followed the Brody stuff for about 5 years now.  Obviously, no one knows everything outside of Invader (and likely Carlos Colon), but it's hard to look at Colon's HOF induction the same way (even though some pretty seedy characters have also gotten inducted).  I've always felt like there's a reason why the Cauliflower Alley Club has never even made an effort to sniff his way (pretty sure a lot of that can be attributed to Nick Bockwinkel).

On the Von Erich front, Eric and Marshall (Kevin's sons) signed with MLW earlier this week.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The LBC said:

On the Von Erich front, Eric and Marshall (Kevin's sons) signed with MLW earlier this week.

With that name. Im surprised they havent been invited to the WWE PC yet. One is like 31 and the other 26-28.  Seems like something theyd have gone after, especially as a tag team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

With that name. Im surprised they havent been invited to the WWE PC yet. One is like 31 and the other 26-28.  Seems like something theyd have gone after, especially as a tag team.

I could see Hunter wanting them, but 1) They market themselves as a tag team (and Vince hates tag teams) and 2) I think Vince shies away from signing 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation talent until they've made a name for themselves because the smart money says to market them under their given/known name, but folks who have grown up in the business are smartened up to the notion of not letting Vince trademark your name unless it's a known-deal that you're going to be a WWE-lifer (lesson learned from Cody, for instance).

If it were me, I'd sign them in a heartbeat and attach them at the hip to Matt Riddle (beyond just the fact that Riddle wrestles barefoot and so does Marshall - like his father) because it can be mutually beneficial relationship, helps Riddle eventually get away from the King of Bros gimmick (which he's going to have to do at some point not too long into promotion onto the main roster because it doesn't have long-term viability about the mid-card), and gives a callback to trios like Team Angle and Edge & the Edgeheads, particularly the former where all three have legitimate amateur wrestling backgrounds.

In the meanwhile, I'm just looking forward to a hopeful 3rd-Generation vs 3rd-Generation feud with the modern Hart Foundation incarnation in MLW (Teddy, Davy Smith Jr., and Brian Pillman Jr.) against the Von Erichs.  Because Court Bauer and Cornette are too smart to pass up on booking that at some point.

8 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

with aew now having a weekly show, im rooting for him to go over there. but yeah i've doubted the authenticity of this since they've run the promos/interviews with roman and seth trying to convince him to stay and what not 

10 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Vince isn't going to run the Jon Moxley gimmick and Dean isn't going to give him the trademark on that name without a MASSIVE (like Godfather-type) payout.  Also, the video he posted on Twitter had blood in it, WWE isn't going to do something like that.  It's wishful thinking.

It doesn't necessarily mean that he's going to AEW (I'd still bet on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does a Cody-style run of the indies first, knowing that AEW is going to be there at least a year down the line), but the video very well could have been a throw-in of something put together by the same production group Christian's movie is working with (because I don't believe it's through a WWE Studios company).

If/when he does ever come back to WWE, it will be as Dean Ambrose, because that's the trademarked name that Vince owns.

apparently the internet really likes this bray wyatt stuff. now that the creative seems to be really inconsistent from week to week or at least a bunch of heels vs faces in tag matches, i'll have to check these promos out. not too many better actors in wrestling than bray. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DawgX said:

So is the brand split now officially over, or what the hell are they doing?

I guess Vince just can't resist the urge to put Roman on his flagship show.

Nope.  In fact, the brands have to maintain two identifiably separate rosters per the contract agreements that are in place with the networks they're on.  This is just Vince trying to find a way to skirt those agreements for the time being in order to try to boost ratings.

One of the things they sold to FOX in the agreement was that they'd be the network getting exclusive access to the showcasing of specific guys, I honestly don't have any doubt that come time for Smackdown to switch over to FOX we'll see the likes of Lesnar, possibly even Goldberg and Lesnar, Cena, possibly AJ all moved over to Smackdown.