Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

Man. I guess I didn't think much of Natalya and Evans when I heard about it and while I'm glad wrestling there seemingly meant something for them, the fact that they had to wear large t shirts and cover their entire bodies is still such a slap in the face to the "Women's evolution" 

I wish the WWE got worse PR reaction for all of this saudi arabia stuff. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Man. I guess I didn't think much of Natalya and Evans when I heard about it and while I'm glad wrestling there seemingly meant something for them, the fact that they had to wear large t shirts and cover their entire bodies is still such a slap in the face to the "Women's evolution" 

I wish the WWE got worse PR reaction for all of this saudi arabia stuff. 

How is it a slap in the face to the women's evolution? Isn't it like hugely impressive that they were able to actually perform considering what it's like for women in Saudi Arabia? I don't really understand the reason for them wanting to go over there as much as they do but that's whatever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, biggio7 said:

How is it a slap in the face to the women's evolution? Isn't it like hugely impressive that they were able to actually perform considering what it's like for women in Saudi Arabia? I don't really understand the reason for them wanting to go over there as much as they do but that's whatever.

Did you see the quarterly today? If they didnt go over there theyd been in the negative.

"North American ticket sales declined $4.1 million during the quarter, primarily due to lower attendance and the staging of 19 fewer events. Partially offsetting these declines, the average ticket price increased 6% to $56.64."

16 hours ago, biggio7 said:

Also no, it's just endemic of how Saudi society is all about money and exploitation not actually about the perceived rules and values they talk about. Just another example of a broken country the world has decided we need to prop up for eternity for "some reason".

20 hours ago, biggio7 said:

Sure, on some level, it's outstanding for women in saudi arabia but wwe should not be judged on the saudi arabian values. do not give me a fake narrative about how this is the women's evolution and then make them lower themselves to the backwards *** culture in saudi arabia. 

it is what it is. wwe doesn't care about blood money. 

Edited by Troy Brown
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Sure, on some level, it's outstanding for women in saudi arabia but wwe should not be judged on the saudi arabian values. do not give me a fake narrative about how this is the women's evolution for women and then make them lower themselves to the backwards *** culture in saudi arabia. 

it is what it is. wwe doesn't care about blood money. 

Sadly, WWE is not unlike many corporations that are total hypocrites and only claim to care about various social causes just to make themselves look good. Just look at what's going on with the NBA and China for example. NBA claims they pride themselves on allowing their players and employees to voice their opinions - until it hurts the NBA financially through the money they make from China.

I wish more wrestlers would have been like Daniel Bryan and simply refused to work in Saudi Arabia.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Sadly, WWE is not unlike many corporations that are total hypocrites and only claim to care about various social causes just to make themselves look good. Just look at what's going on with the NBA and China for example. NBA claims they pride themselves on allowing their players and employees to voice their opinions - until it hurts the NBA financially through the money they make from China.

I wish more wrestlers would have been like Daniel Bryan and simply refused to work in Saudi Arabia.

After this plane debacle, for whatever actual reason there is, we may see a lot of workers refuse to go.