Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

45 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I agree that Sami wasn't the guy to beat Gunther.  That seemed more like a payback for Sami being a good soldier through the Bloodline storyline.  If they give Sami another shot at Gunther for the WHT, I hope they make it a Gunther 2 minute squash match.

This is why I always thought the idea of Gunther pulling double duty at Mania made more sense. I he had his eyes already on the WHC (or possibly alrerady won it) then his IC title loss makes more sense.

But thats not what they wanted to do. I do think they werent planning for the Rub to be that much on Sami, but the guy who then beats Sami (i.e. Taker->Lesnar->). That is harder to pull off, but you can do it. Unfortunately, its been kind of wasted at this point.

Watching the Mr. McMahon Netflix documentary and surprised Vince agreed to talk about some of that stuff. 

4 episodes in.  I'm enjoying it but at times it lacks focus, which makes sense because there is so much to cover with Vince.  I'm not sure how enjoyable it would be for anyone who isn't a wrestling fan though.

EDIT - Finished it and eh.  In many ways it just felt like the 100th retelling of the Monday Night Wars and a History of the WWE doc rather than a Vince doc.  They didn't even touch on the 2010s.

Edited by iknowcool

52 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Naw this Vince documentary is wild.

That idea he pitched with Stephanie would have been sick in a bad way

I'm guessing the incest one? Obviously disgusting, but that was known about before the documentary.

I was holding out hope that they would ask him about Randy Savage and why they never reconciled.  When they showed him announcing on Raw Savage leaving and how visibly upset he was, I thought it was going to segue into that.