Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

On 5/16/2019 at 11:51 AM, The LBC said:

You're arguing a moot point.  Punk, Jericho, Styles were all draws before Vince could get his hands on them; and we actually don't know that AJ didn't view his jump to WWE as a likely permanent (last of his career) one where he wasn't above selling the trademark on his ring name to Vince in exchange for more money and other contractual assurances.

Those situations, however, are apples to oranges where Jon is concerned.  Vince does own a trademark on a character/ring-name of Jon's, so there's absolutely no reason Vince wouldn't use that.

Also, the notion that FOX would force WWE to go back to a type of TV-14 that would feature/require Jon's Moxley character from CZW doesn't hold water.  FOX went after WWE (ESPN even put in a bid, but they couldn't come close to an agreement on logistics stuffs) because there's a premium on live SPORTS programming right now.  Even if they were to use more foul language it would still be censored (it's primetime network TV, the censors don't even get dropped on paid-cable stations on the occasions they do get dropped until after midnight) and the crux of the Moxley character was more in the violent behavior, which the hardcore stuff detracts from the presentation of a sports program.

Reality is, despite the money that it brings, the WWE/FOX marriage is doomed anyway and likely ends with some sort of already-baked-in divorce option wherein FOX has the obvious ability to pull WWE programming off the flagship network if the ratings aren't suitable but if it's pulled from the flagship network WWE has an opt-out option that can be triggered.

Meltzer and PWI are reporting the opposite is true, Fox wants storylines that are going to cross over both shows, bc they are concerned about promoting storylines that will appear exclusively on USA.  And USA is worried about losing the biggest draws (ie Roman and Becky) to Fox.  So the WC is an attempt at a compromise, but ultimately may lead to the brand split ending completely

I like Lesnar with the briefcase. Gives him something to do and he doesn't need to be on TV. Unexpected ending--I thought for sure Bray Wyatt would be the 8th man.

I know everyone hates Lesnar, but it makes sense to give him the briefcase and have him lurking in the shadows. I hope they're done giving him the title, but it adds intrigue.

Mandy Rose has A+ cheeks.

• Like 2