Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

She wont have this gimmick in a year ;)

or it'll just have expanded and evolved like other weird gimmicks people thought couldn't get over at first (even tho she has one of the fastest rises in recent memory and her gimmick certainly didn't stop her there)

8 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

or it'll just have expanded and evolved like other weird gimmicks people thought couldn't get over at first (even tho she has one of the fastest rises in recent memory and her gimmick certainly didn't stop her there)

except we just got done talking about how thin the women's roster is in AEW. No bad gimmick would stop someone with her talent in that pool. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

except we just got done talking about how thin the women's roster is in AEW. No bad gimmick would stop someone with her talent in that pool. 

she was also strongly pursued by wwe and was quite literally the hottest free agent in wrestling with something you're telling me is a bad gimmick 

Just now, Troy Brown said:

which isn't a sign of anything credible, they hand out terrible gimmicks for breakfast and wouldn't know something of value if it superkicked them 

she'd be in NXT and they are pretty rock solid gimmick wise since the days of Becky Lynch doing an irish jig. There really arent a lot of bad gimmicks in the E right, just bad booking. 

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

she'd be in NXT and they are pretty rock solid gimmick wise since the days of Becky Lynch doing an irish jig. There really arent a lot of bad gimmicks in the E right, just bad booking. 

there is nearly nothing but bad gimmicks in the e lmao what are you watching my friend 

nxt obviously is better with their gimmicks but has plenty of really crappy ones 

• Like 1

I think aew going to be two nights is a huge blunder this early 

They don't have enough top level stars to carry the main events for two shows a week without fatigue setting in fairly quick.  Why despite its unpopularity at times, the wwe brand split works for having multiple shows a week 

33 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I think aew going to be two nights is a huge blunder this early 

They don't have enough top level stars to carry the main events for two shows a week without fatigue setting in fairly quick.  Why despite its unpopularity at times, the wwe brand split works for having multiple shows a week 

But its like any other show. Diehards will watch. Theres a base out there that loves dancing to the point of watching Dance Moms. Hardcore wrestling base has settled to be around 2 million people. Portions will watch no matter how trash the product is. So money is to be made over reruns of 90s sitcoms and superhero movies being played repeatedly.

50 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

But its like any other show. Diehards will watch. Theres a base out there that loves dancing to the point of watching Dance Moms. Hardcore wrestling base has settled to be around 2 million people. Portions will watch no matter how trash the product is. So money is to be made over reruns of 90s sitcoms and superhero movies being played repeatedly.

I mean not really.  Big bang theory reruns hit 1.5-2 mill and don't cost as much to use.  Yea the diehards will watch but for how long.  Thunder was the beginning of the end for WCW.  It's hope I'm wrong but it's think it's a colossal misstep for AEW to do two shows a week 

56 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

It's not an actual 2nd show, it's just dark and other recap stuff. They're still running 1 show a week. 

The article said it would be matches taped Tuesday so shrug.  Four hours of TV is basically one less than wwe main product and we all know how much a drag that can be