Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

Glad WWE didn't do the predictable thing and have Roman win. He would have gotten a ton of heat, especially after he eliminated Edge.

I actually didn't mind Lesnar dominating because I knew he was going to get eliminated eventually. Sucks that a few guys were made to look a bit foolish in the process, but it really helped getting McIntyre over. McIntyre eliminating Reigns last also helps, cause I'm sure just about no one wanted to see Reigns win.

I haven't been watching much lately, did McIntyre turn babyface? He certainly will be now going into his match with Lesnar.

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Glad WWE didn't do the predictable thing and have Roman win. He would have gotten a ton of heat, especially after he eliminated Edge.

I actually didn't mind Lesnar dominating because I knew he was going to get eliminated eventually. Sucks that a few guys were made to look a bit foolish in the process, but it really helped getting McIntyre over. McIntyre eliminating Reigns last also helps, cause I'm sure just about no one wanted to see Reigns win.

I haven't been watching much lately, did McIntyre turn babyface? He certainly will be now going into his match with Lesnar.

Drew had been "less heel" for the past couple months.  He wasn't full blow face by any means but ever since he started doing the countdown to the Claymore (an extremely babyface thing to do) he's been veering that way.  The elimination of Lesnar tonight sealed the deal with concrete.

• Like 1

Gut instinct, I know people won't necessarily like it (though it has to happen at some point - Becky losing the belt that is), but I'd put money on Charlotte beating Becky at Mania.  There's been a heavy storytelling lean of late, and I get the feeling they run with the storyline that for Charlotte to be "the man" she's got to beat "The Man."  Plus, Becky losing to the most-time Women's Champion doesn't really hurt her.

Drew is fantastic but he's not a baby face. He's one of my favorites as a tweener but he's just too vanilla to get over as a baby face. He needs a little bit of an edge. If he's not a bad@$$ he's just too cookie cutter. Reigns 2.0 as a face. 

Edit: More a cross between Orton and Reigns as a face. Just enough to be over but not enough to be the guy. 

Edited by wgbeethree

7 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Drew is fantastic but he's not a baby face. He's one of my favorites as a tweener but he's just too vanilla to get over as a baby face. He needs a little bit of an edge. If he's not a bad@$$ he's just too cookie cutter. Reigns 2.0 as a face. 

You can have a bit of an edge and be a face.  Not every face has to be a white meat babyface.  Hell, Austin and Rock were both very definitively babyfaces at high points of their careers and had edge and were still badass.  Roman was booked and written the way he was (poorly, in addition to that) because he was earmarked for the "Cena spot," which was heavy with the Make a Wish appearances, etc.  This attitude that a babyface can't be badass or can't have an attitude is why so many people look like idiots for booing and turning on a wrestler anytime he's booked as a good guy.

3 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

i marked out like crazy when he came out.  im glad mcintyre won the rumble.  he deserved it.  im guessing he will choose brock since he eliminated him.

I'd be shocked if it ends up not being McIntyre vs. Lesnar.

It must have been awesome to be there for Edge's return. That was a great moment even though there were rumors he was going to be there.

49 minutes ago, The LBC said:

You can have a bit of an edge and be a face.  Not every face has to be a white meat babyface.  Hell, Austin and Rock were both very definitively babyfaces at high points of their careers and had edge and were still badass.  Roman was booked and written the way he was (poorly, in addition to that) because he was earmarked for the "Cena spot," which was heavy with the Make a Wish appearances, etc.  This attitude that a babyface can't be badass or can't have an attitude is why so many people look like idiots for booing and turning on a wrestler anytime he's booked as a good guy.

I think we're on the same page. I think he can be over as a face as long as you don't ask him to be the "good guy". I think he needs to have an adversary that stacks the cards against him and he does whatever it takes to get past them. He can be really good as a slightly good guy. I just don't see him as being a vanilla face (which is where I see him heading). Keep him in the middle facing adversity and he'll shine. Leaning towards baby face is his wheel house. 

21 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I think we're on the same page. I think he can be over as a face as long as you don't ask him to be the "good guy". I think he needs to have an adversary that stacks the cards against him and he does whatever it takes to get past them. He can be really good as a slightly good guy. I just don't see him as being a vanilla face (which is where I see him heading). Keep him in the middle facing adversity and he'll shine. Leaning towards baby face is his wheel house. 

Again, you're stuck on this "good guy" business.  A face is a good guy, accept it.  Wrestling is a morality play; it always has been and no matter how much marks want to insist that "faces and heels are dead" (spoiler: they're not), wrestling isn't going to stop being a morality play anytime soon.  Drew was out-and-out good guy in NXT and was over and did just fine, because he was kept relevant.

I'll be honest, your posts read like someone who is insecure about cheering for a good guy because of the fear of how you may be perceived by your wrestling fan peers.  Guys are only as "vanilla" as they allow themselves to be.  Maybe instead of wanting guys to be "another Austin" or "another Rock" people can just take a damn chill pill and let guys be "the first version of themselves."

• Like 1