The post draft mock...who you SHOULD have taken in 2019

OneTwoSixFive

For the Green Bay Packers, I liked their draft a lot, but I could certainly come up with an alternative.

In my scenario the Packers never traded their #30 and 2x 4ths to move up to #21.

1) 12  DT      Jeffery Simmons   Could be awesome with patience to let that ACL recover. Mike Daniels may well be gone after 2019. 
1) 30  OT      Cody Ford   Ridiculously strong, very agile, should be a nice replacement for Bulaga after 2019, could play guard this year.
2) 44  FS      Nasir Adderley  I wanted a FS who could play single high. Packers went for Savage, I took Adderley. Not many safeties have this versatility.
3) 75  TE      Jace Sternberger I took who the Packers took. Super smooth mover, lovely cuts for his size. Not so much of a blocker at this point. Packers privately timed him at 4.66 in the 40 (combine was  4.75).
4) 114 Edge Christian Miller   Doesn't have great bend but is athletic. 100% motor. Has a full quiver of moves. Long-armed and smart
4) 118 CB     Amani Oruwariye  No idea why he is still on the board this late, looks like a steal. Very versatile CB.
5) 150 OT     Dave Edwards Has fine athleticism and movement. Needs plenty of technical work. Taking Ford earlier gives him time to develop. Looks a bargain here.
6) 185 RB     Elijah Holyfield   Powerful. Very smart patient runner with vision and decisiveness. His slow 40 ruined his draft chances, but he plays faster than he times.
6) 194 RB     Dexter Williams  Perfect fit for the Packers outside zone scheme. Has vision and burst through the line. Packers picked him too.
7) 226 LB      Ty Simmons  Very athletic linebacker and a ST candidate as late picks so often are.

Three of my picks were Packers picks as well (Sternberger, Williams, Simmons), seven were my own choices.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

12 hours ago, daineraider said:
RD(PK) PLAYER POS SCHOOL
1(4) Ed Oliver  DT Houston
1(24) Montez Sweat DE Miss St
1(27) N’Keal Harry WR Az St
2(8) Greedy Williams  CB LSU
4(4) Maxx Crosby DE  E Mich
4(27) Michael Jordan OG Ohio st
4(35) Ben Burr-Kirvin LB Washington 
5(11) Joe Jackson DE Miami
7(16) Myles Gaskin RB Washington 

Good god, if they had gotten both Oliver and Sweat...

Thankfully you weren't making the picks.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Good god, if they had gotten both Oliver and Sweat...

Thankfully you weren't making the picks.

I would have been split on Allen and Oliver.  I like Ferrell quite a bit, but I wouldnt have passed on those two.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 3:39 PM, Daniel said:

Aight.  For the Titans.

19. Montez Sweat, Edge, Miss St

51. AJ Brown, WR, Ole Miss (same pick here, dude was a steal)

82. Connor McGovern, OG, Penn St

121. (no trade up) Iman Marshall, DB, USC

157. Charles Omenihu, DL, Texas

188. Oli Udoh, OL, Elon

Man their real draft was a billion times better than this haha.

1.10 - Devin Bush: No change here. I love the player and I think the trade up was fine.

3.66 - Chase Winovich: I considered Hakeem Butler but Edge is a big need and there's the bonus of taking him away from the Pats.

3.83 - Justin Layne: Absolute steal, love the pick. 

4.122 - Foster Moreau: I like Snell but TE is a bigger need and Moreau is a better player.

5.141 - Marvell Tell III: Gentry was a horrible pick and Tell fills a need here.

6.175 - Trayveon Williams: A steal at this point that would bolster the RB group

6.192 - Kelvin Harmon: Another huge steal. I probably should've grabbed a WR earlier but I just didn't think the value was there at any point.

6.207 - David Sills V: Another guy that I think would be good value here, despite the fact that he eventually went undrafted.

7.209 - Derwin Gray: No change here. I'm a Maryland homer and also do like Gray's potential to develop into a solid backup.

Edited by rackcs

On 4/30/2019 at 11:12 PM, daineraider said:
RD(PK) PLAYER POS SCHOOL
1(4) Ed Oliver  DT Houston
1(24) Montez Sweat DE Miss St
1(27) N’Keal Harry WR Az St
2(8) Greedy Williams  CB LSU
4(4) Maxx Crosby DE  E Mich
4(27) Michael Jordan OG Ohio st
4(35) Ben Burr-Kirvin LB Washington 
5(11) Joe Jackson DE Miami
7(16) Myles Gaskin RB Washington 

That would have been stunning 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 9:12 AM, The Gnat said:

For the Vikings, all trades stay the same:

1. Garret Bradbury C/OG
2. Irv Smith Jr. TE
3. Maxx Crosby DE
4. Dru Samia OG
5. Cameron Smith LB
6. Armon Watts DL
6. Marcus Epps DB
6. Travis Homer RB
7. Kris Boyd CB
7. David Sills WR
7. Joshua Miles OT
7. Tyree Jackson QB

I would not mind the Crosby pick, he would be awesome at that spot.  Sills I would not mind either at WR instead of the ones we got.  Jackson late would be interesting as well and would not mind that either.

Here is how I would go with it.  Would need to trade the 6th rounder to move up in the 2nd to get McCoy, and hard to say with all the trades they did do.  I think Mattison could have been there in the 5th possibly, for sure in the 4th as well maybe.  The 3rd rounder is if they never traded down.

1. Jeffrey Simmons DT
2. Erik McCoy C      (Trade up 2 spots to get him, used other 6th rounder)
3. Kahale Warring TE
4. Hjalte Froholdt OG 
5. Alexander Mattison RB 
6. Kelvin Harmon WR    
6. Oli Udoh OT
7. Kris Boyd CB
7. Jalen Jelks DE
7. Gary Johnson LB
7.  Andrew Wingard S

Or if one sticks with Bradbury could have went like this maybe

1. Garrett Bradbury C
2. Zach Allen DE
3. Khalen Saunders DT  
4. Hjalte Froholdt OG 
5. Alexander Mattison RB or Trayveon Williams -  if Mattison was gone
6. Kelvin Harmon WR 
6. CJ Conrad TE   
6. Oli Udoh OT
7. Kris Boyd CB
7. Jalen Jelks DE
7. Gary Johnson LB
7. Andrew Wingard S 

I just think they missed some big time value guys late 7th round and in some of those 6th round picks.  Do like the Boyd and Udoh picks but the rest I would move around near the end.  Hard to say with all the trade movement they did and what picks they actually would of had.

Edited by Ozzy

1) QB Dwayne Haskins - No brainer pick, QB of the future

2) AJ Brown - I wasn't the biggest Sweat fan so I'm not sure I would have done the trade. We would land a potential future #1 WR which we don't have now

3) Chase Winovich - We still need an edge if we don't land Sweat

4) Riley Ridley - Our WR Corps was the worst in the league and we didn't that much better with McLaurin. Doubling down on WR

4) Michael Jordan - We have Ereck Flowers penciled in to start at LG

5) Ross Piercschbacher  - Pick stays the same

Don't feel like doing the rest of the picks. Deal with it!!

Edited by taylor made

• 3 weeks later...

I've done this for the Lions - not exactly what I would have liked to see but a bit better in some ways. Not going to make dramatic changes.

Trade #8 to Pittsburgh for 2019 1 (#20), 2019 2nd, swap 2019 3rd's and 2020 3rd - Steelers select Devin Bush

1) Noah Fant, TE, Iowa: The Lions take the other Iowa TE (unless Hockenson is sitting here). Jesse James is a more traditional TE while Fant is a nice move TE that is a better blocker than given credit for. I like Hockenson but I don't agree with him being taken at #8 and feel there isn't a big difference between him and JJ.

2) Jahlani Tavai, LB, Hawaii: The Lions have very specific requirements in their LB's and I buy that there were other teams sniffing around this guy. Versatile player that will be playing in multiple spots.

2) Juan Thornhill, S/CB, Virginia: The Lions love positional versatility and they get that with Thornhill.

3) Chase Winovich, DE, Michigan: Another versatile guy, he is much more athletic than given credit for and has the production to back things up (which his 1st round teammate does not). Should be an instant contributor at different spots on the d-line including LB.

4) Hjalte Froholdt, OG, Arkansas: After the retirement of TJ Lang the Lions have significant holes on the offensive line. This is especially the case at RG. Froholdt was teammates with current Lions OC/OG Frank Ragnow

5) Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State: Amani still slips and is available to the Lions here. He is going to compete with Thornhill and guys like Teez Tabor for playing time. Could be a steal

6) Travis Fulgham, WR, Ole Dominion: I have to trust the Quinn and Lions when it comes to mid-round WR's that I've never heard of

6) Ty Johnson, RB, Maryland: Sort of like with Fulgham, I'll defer to Quinn on this one.

7) Isaac Nauta, TE, Georgia: With our first round TE being more of a big WR/move TE, the Lions add a more traditional guy into the mix. He's a solid blocker, can be played at TE2 and FB.

7) PJ Johnson, NT, Arizona: The Lions do need to add depth at DL and have guys ready for the potential departure of Snacks and/or A'Shawn

This is a draft that addresses some of the issues that the Lions did in the real draft (TE, LB, CB, S, DE) while addressing a huge need that they didn't (OG) and adding pieces for building the future (2020 3rd round).

Can I trade up a few spots to get Andre Dillard? If not...drats.

Here we go:

1.23: Greg Little OR Juwaan Taylor

2.54: Justin Layne OR Nasir Adderley

2.55: Max Scharping (I like this pick)

3.86: Damien Harris OR Yodny Cajuste (I like the Warring pick, though)

5.161: Charles Omenihu (I like this pick)

6.195: Trace McSorley OR Rodney Anderson

7.220: Myles Gaskins (but I like the Gillaspia pick)

niners_logoslice.jpg

( just keeping the spots they selected in )

my 49ers picks: 

1.2      ------- Nick Bosa --- Edge --- Ohio State
2.36    ------- Chauncey Gardner Johnson --- DB --- Florida 
3.67    ------- Miles Boykin --- WR --- Notre Dame
4.110 -------- Foster Moreau --- TE --- Louisiana State
5.148 -------- D'Andre Walker --- SLB/Edge --- Georgia
6.176 -------- Kelvin Harmon --- WR --- North Carolina State
6.183 -------- Terrill Hanks --- WLB/MLB --- New Mexico State
6.196 -------- Nick Allegretti --- IOL --- Illinois 

I'm good enough with how it went in the first two actual picks (Bosa+Deebo Samuel), but it went off a cliff after that, imo. This team is again taking a lot of high risk on players staying healthy.

Dallas....

2[58] - Taylor Rapp / SS / Washington
3[90] - Connor McGovern / G / Penn State --- same
4 [128] - Isaiah Johnson / CB / Houston
5[158] - Bryon Cowart / DT / Maryland
5[165] - Kelvin Harmon / WR / NC State
6[213] - Darwin Thompson / RB / Utah State
7[218] - Mike Weber / RB / Ohio State --- same
7[241] - Caleb Wilson / TE / UCLA

For NYG: 

1 (6) - Josh Allen, Edge

1 (17) - Andre Dillard, OT

2 (37) - Dalton Risner, OG/OC [also considering Drew Lock here]

3 (95) - Chauncey Gardner Johnson, FS/CB

4 (108) - Julian Love, CB

4 (132) - Amani Oruwariye, CB

5 (142) - Mack Wilson, ILB

5 (143) - Charles Ominiwu, DE

5 (171) - Kelvin Harmon, WR

6 (180) - Emeke Egbule, ILB 

7 (232) - Alize Mack, TE

7 (245) - Jalen Jelks, Edge 

On 2019-05-21 at 11:08 AM, Karnage84 said:

I've done this for the Lions - not exactly what I would have liked to see but a bit better in some ways. Not going to make dramatic changes.

Trade #8 to Pittsburgh for 2019 1 (#20), 2019 2nd, swap 2019 3rd's and 2020 3rd - Steelers select Devin Bush

1) Noah Fant, TE, Iowa: The Lions take the other Iowa TE (unless Hockenson is sitting here). Jesse James is a more traditional TE while Fant is a nice move TE that is a better blocker than given credit for. I like Hockenson but I don't agree with him being taken at #8 and feel there isn't a big difference between him and JJ.

2) Jahlani Tavai, LB, Hawaii: The Lions have very specific requirements in their LB's and I buy that there were other teams sniffing around this guy. Versatile player that will be playing in multiple spots.

2) Juan Thornhill, S/CB, Virginia: The Lions love positional versatility and they get that with Thornhill.

3) Chase Winovich, DE, Michigan: Another versatile guy, he is much more athletic than given credit for and has the production to back things up (which his 1st round teammate does not). Should be an instant contributor at different spots on the d-line including LB.

4) Hjalte Froholdt, OG, Arkansas: After the retirement of TJ Lang the Lions have significant holes on the offensive line. This is especially the case at RG. Froholdt was teammates with current Lions OC/OG Frank Ragnow

5) Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State: Amani still slips and is available to the Lions here. He is going to compete with Thornhill and guys like Teez Tabor for playing time. Could be a steal

6) Travis Fulgham, WR, Ole Dominion: I have to trust the Quinn and Lions when it comes to mid-round WR's that I've never heard of

6) Ty Johnson, RB, Maryland: Sort of like with Fulgham, I'll defer to Quinn on this one.

7) Isaac Nauta, TE, Georgia: With our first round TE being more of a big WR/move TE, the Lions add a more traditional guy into the mix. He's a solid blocker, can be played at TE2 and FB.

7) PJ Johnson, NT, Arizona: The Lions do need to add depth at DL and have guys ready for the potential departure of Snacks and/or A'Shawn

This is a draft that addresses some of the issues that the Lions did in the real draft (TE, LB, CB, S, DE) while addressing a huge need that they didn't (OG) and adding pieces for building the future (2020 3rd round).

Someone doesn’t read instructions so well. 

“No new trades”