Sign in to follow this  
kurgan

Way, way to early draft needs 2020

Most of you are too young but I remember Troy’s first year and if this forum was around everyone would be calling him a wasted trade and pick, we can only hope Edmunds develops the same. Maybe it’s my older age, but I don’t put much emphasis on someone’s first year anymore. Let’s see what this year looks like and then see if he’s a bust. 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

He will get his chance because colbert doesn't want to admit he was wrong.  

57 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I'm not "so sure"

It seems like you are. 

1 hour ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

Most of you are too young but I remember Troy’s first year and if this forum was around everyone would be calling him a wasted trade and pick, we can only hope Edmunds develops the same. Maybe it’s my older age, but I don’t put much emphasis on someone’s first year anymore. Let’s see what this year looks like and then see if he’s a bust. 

Troy flashed a lot his rookie year, but he was the backup rookie S on a lousy team featuring Tommy pop-gun Maddox. Many were disappointed after getting rid of Flowers that Troy didn't start and play more. After the season, they fired DC Tim Lewis and they named Polamalu the starter for 2004.

Edmunds played okay as a rookie, but I think he was forced into playing by the injury to Burnett. There really wasn't another option. 

Edmunds will get his opportunity, and see how this turns out for him. I'm not calling him a wasted pick, but more of a reach than anything at this point. The problem I had with him last year was some of his missed tackles, which is the norm in the nfl in recent years anyways, but I can't stand it. Tackling needs to be really good for higher RD picks.  I see more of the negative view towards Edmunds as peoples way to vent about colbert more than anything.  I don't see another great Safety with Edmunds, but he could be a legit starter anyways. I can't say the same for Burns, and still am skeptical about dupree - this offseason could have been better if we traded colbert

14 hours ago, 3rivers said:

Edmunds will get his opportunity, and see how this turns out for him. I'm not calling him a wasted pick, but more of a reach than anything at this point. The problem I had with him last year was some of his missed tackles, which is the norm in the nfl in recent years anyways, but I can't stand it. Tackling needs to be really good for higher RD picks.  I see more of the negative view towards Edmunds as peoples way to vent about colbert more than anything.  I don't see another great Safety with Edmunds, but he could be a legit starter anyways. I can't say the same for Burns, and still am skeptical about dupree - this offseason could have been better if we traded colbert

Usually a quiet guy & agree with lingering doubts on Dupree long-term, I too consider Burns a bust, & want to wait and see Edmunds does this coming season before I write him off. However, I don’t see how you or Steelers nation could be upset with Colbert. For as horrible as this off-season started, I feel better than I ever imagined rolling into July.

Bell signing with the NYJ is no loss in my eyes, and I’m probably one of AB’s only fans left on here but seeing him Go was necessary. You can say we got fleeced but for as high of picks we got in those rounds, we basically received a low 2nd & low 4th is how I look at it.....may not have picked the guys you or others on here wanted but I remember people nagging about Watt, JuJu, Conner, Le’veon over Lacy, etc. I’m putting my faith in the organization to bring guys in who are high IQ + Character men.

We extended Roethlisberger, resigned Foster, brought back Alualu who was solid contributor, signed Steven Nelson who has ballhawking qualities which is something we desperately lacked in our secondary, plus he’s a major upgrade over Burns/Sutton, I loved the Moncrief signing because it gives us a veterans presence in the locker room, along with size, and experience to allow Washington & Johnson time to grow through the year and not be thrown into the fire week 1 if not ready, & finally I know everyone hates the trade up for Bush it seems but we traded a 3rd to address our biggest need! I give this off-season an A+. 

Again, I know it’s only July but I feel great about this season! Every interview I watch of our players/staff I get a hungry competitive vibe.....something I haven’t felt nor seen in quite some time. I think I’m Years prior everyone top to bottom got complacent and beloved talent alone would take them to the top. This off-season was humbling. Our signings & picks were under the radar and that’s how I envision this team to go throughout the season now that we’re diva-free. 

4 hours ago, waffles7 said:

However, I don’t see how you or Steelers nation could be upset with Colbert. For as horrible as this off-season started, I feel better than I ever imagined rolling into July.

this was a decent offseason compared to others, and the others are what we dislike colbert as GMO.o Signing Justin Houston and letting dupree walk would have made my view different . Still, the fails in recent years in the FO is what me and others have issues with colbert for.  The burns RD1 pick NOW appears to have been worse than the Jarvis pick for example