Let’s talk secondary

LoganF89

CBs Norman, Dunbar, Cromartie, Moreau, Alexander, Stroman, Johnson, Moreland 

FS Nicholson, Apke

SS Collins, Everette

looks like a log jam at CB, who do you guys have making it? An interesting thought I’ve been having is Alexander moving to FS. He can hit and has great size at 6’3” and I think he could make the switch, with Monte up in the air I don’t feel comfortable with Apke. All he is is speed and if he didn’t run that fast 40 at the combine I don’t think he would of even been drafted.

do we keep 5 or 6 CBs? I think Moreland makes it so if we keep 6 I believe johnson and Stroman have a position battle

• Like 1

It sounds like a crazy thing to do but I’d just rip the bandaid off now and cut Norman and DRC and roll with the young guys. Our front 7 is going to be so good that it will help the development of the back end. Next year in the first we go receiver or corner. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It sounds like a crazy thing to do but I’d just rip the bandaid off now and cut Norman and DRC and roll with the young guys. Our front 7 is going to be so good that it will help the development of the back end. Next year in the first we go receiver or corner. 

I would like to see one more year with Norman with a really good front 7.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

CBs Norman, Dunbar, Cromartie, Moreau, Alexander, Stroman, Johnson, Moreland 

FS Nicholson, Apke

SS Collins, Everette

I think there's a really good chance we target another FA safety after the deadline which impacts comp picks (which I believe is in May).  I think we'll carry 10 defensive backs, so that's either 5 safeties and 5 CBs or 4 safeties and 6 CBs.  

Based on the current roster I would cut DRC and Danny Johnson, roll with Norman, Dunbar, Moreau, Alexander, Stroman and Moreland at CB.  Then the 4 safeties you have listed.  

Edited by MKnight82

Don't be Shocked if DRC ends up as our starting FS.

Just reading signs so could be wrong but think they point to the team thinking he could be our guy there.
#1 team hasn't really had any visits with top FS guys in FA/Draft
#2 Management clearly doesn't love Nicholson if they traded for HaHa last season then add the fight to his story and it goes further down
#3 Didn't offer HaHa more to stay as he signed pretty cheap in Chi Town
#4 Landon Collins tweeted the othe day for Ramsey to come here to be Lock down with him 24 and 45(DRC)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I agree DRC probably won’t make the team. If Alexander, Johnson or Moreland show out in camp I’d love to try to trade Norman. Also means it’s time for Dunbar to step up.

Cant wait to have these same discussions for RB, IOL, and WR!!

Edited by bigdog44

John Keim says the Skins don't have any plans to use our corners as free safety. Kind of a head scratcher to me. This corner battle is going to be very interesting, the winner will be us in the end. Only way I can see Norman gone is if Alexander or another young guy steps up to show they can take over this year. Have to be really careful of sending any of these guys to practice squad, I don't think they will be there long before another team snatches them up 

5 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Don't be Shocked if DRC ends up as our starting FS.

Just reading signs so could be wrong but think they point to the team thinking he could be our guy there.
#1 team hasn't really had any visits with top FS guys in FA/Draft
#2 Management clearly doesn't love Nicholson if they traded for HaHa last season then add the fight to his story and it goes further down
#3 Didn't offer HaHa more to stay as he signed pretty cheap in Chi Town
#4 Landon Collins tweeted the othe day for Ramsey to come here to be Lock down with him 24 and 45(DRC)

I also think DRC starts at FS. He was a horrific corner for the Giants, but a pretty decent FS. Plus, he will be playing with a familiar face in Landon Collins.

17 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I also think DRC starts at FS. He was a horrific corner for the Giants, but a pretty decent FS. Plus, he will be playing with a familiar face in Landon Collins.

This makes sense . Still wish we'd grab Tre Boston- been said before !