Eagles exercised Wentz's 5th year option

Kiltman

20 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

well deserved. I can't wait for Wentz to put his doubters to rest this coming season. With these weapons, hes gonna resemble '18 patrick mahomes 

him having doubters really make no sense with a bum knee and broken back he completed 70 percent of his passes

6 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Not sure how “well deserved” it is. But betting on potential, it’s a no-brainer. 

We don't sniff  Home field advantage and most likely  the SB without Wentz's MVP play going into the Rams game. So yes Well Deserved. 👏

It's amazing how Nicky's Joe Flacco type SB run over shadows just how special  Carsons 2017 season was and the path it set us on "as a Team"!!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

On 4/29/2019 at 4:49 PM, Jroc04 said:

Not sure how “well deserved” it is. But betting on potential, it’s a no-brainer. 

Yea, I'm not sure 1 great shortened season and 2 average ones (One of which was also injury shortened) equates to well deserved, but if Wentz can stay healthy going forward, he will be worth whatever we pay him. If he doesn't finish the season again, it's time to look for our next qb. For the love of all that is holy, please stay healthy Carson! And throw some damn jump balls when Alshon is 1 on 1.

Edited by Jeezla

18 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

We don't sniff  Home field advantage and most likely  the SB without Wentz's MVP play going into the Rams game. So yes Well Deserved. 👏

It's amazing how Nicky's Joe Flacco type SB run over shadows just how special  Carsons 2017 season was and the path it set us on "as a Team"!!

Not trying to downplay that year. It was magical for all and Carson put together probably the best Eagle QB’d year I have ever seen. But one year doesn’t make a 10 year contract. He needs to prove more. 

And let’s be honest, getting to the playoffs is rubbish. Winning chips is where it’s at. Nick’s playoff run >>>> Carson’s regular season. Not even a question. For all we know, Carson is a playoff dud. He’s earned the extension, sure. It’s up to this year to earn the mega contract. 

57 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Not trying to downplay that year. It was magical for all and Carson put together probably the best Eagle QB’d year I have ever seen. But one year doesn’t make a 10 year contract. He needs to prove more. 

And let’s be honest, getting to the playoffs is rubbish. Winning chips is where it’s at. Nick’s playoff run >>>> Carson’s regular season. Not even a question. For all we know, Carson is a playoff dud. He’s earned the extension, sure. It’s up to this year to earn the mega contract. 

Carson has already won two playoff series to win national championships in his career. Let's not forget he came from the FCS 5 time in a row champs.

I am just worried if he gets his 30+ million dollar apy, how the depth of the team is going to be challenged. I just wonder how the supporting cast is going to be weaker given the restrictions of the salary cap. Obviously extending him is a no brainer decision.

6 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Let's not pretend like Nick would of been 10-2 going into the Rams games on a MVP type run either had he started the whole season either. Yes SB matter,  Yes his Run was magical.  However Foles is not the better QB.

The QB on leading us Through the Perfect Storm, Yes. Just like Flacco, just like Eli did before him. Wentz does have something to prove but this narrative that some are trying to make as though hes not deserving or not a Real FQB do to his injury history is absurd. Tgats all I'm  saying.

11 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Nick Foles played two great playoff games thats it.

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Let's not pretend like Nick would of been 10-2 going into the Rams games on a MVP type run either had he started the whole season either. Yes SB matter,  Yes his Run was magical.  However Foles is not the better QB.

The QB on leading us Through the Perfect Storm, Yes. Just like Flacco, just like Eli did before him. Wentz does have something to prove but this narrative that some are trying to make as though hes not deserving or not a Real FQB do to his injury history is absurd. Tgats all I'm  saying.

No ones pretending Nick’s better than he is. He’s a decent stop gap with the ability to elevate his game from time to time. He’s limited with average to above average skills. No ones making him out to be more than he is. He’s not better than Carson. Period. 

But you’re paying Carson for what he’s going to do not the one great year he gave you. This contract isn’t about Nick in any way. The Eagles made the right move choosing Carson as the future of the franchise. This is about how his injury history or better yet, how his tendencies are going to effect his ability to stay healthy and on the field so he can be that franchise QB. If you’re constantly injured or on the mend, it’s not going to matter how good you are when healthy. The eagles will start investing or recruiting over him. I’m fully aware he’s getting a contract worthy of a good, young, franchise QB no matter how I feel. But if I know Howie, he’ll protect himself somewhere in that deal. Even more so if he’s struggling to get on the field again this year. Carson's potential earned that contract. To say a kid that’s played not even one full season of lights out football has earned a 100M contract is inarguable. He hasn’t. 

• Like 1