Eagles exercised Wentz's 5th year option

Kiltman

33 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

Nick Foles played two great playoff games thats it.

Those two games were the NFCCG and the SB. Just so it’s remembered. 

More than Carson has shown. 

Better than 7 playoff years of our franchise’s best quarterback. 

You can’t minimize what that guy did, no matter how you word it. He did in one month more than any QB has done in Eagle history. 

Just so we’re clear. The Eagles made the right move. I thought they should have traded Foles as soon as they had a chance. Carson is the better QB. But Carson has much to prove still. If Carson can achieve what Foles finished just once the rest of his career, it’ll be a success. But a failure it will be if not. 

14 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Those two games were the NFCCG and the SB. Just so it’s remembered. 

More than Carson has shown. 

Better than 7 playoff years of our franchise’s best quarterback. 

You can’t minimize what that guy did, no matter how you word it. He did in one month more than any QB has done in Eagle history. 

Just so we’re clear. The Eagles made the right move. I thought they should have traded Foles as soon as they had a chance. Carson is the better QB. But Carson has much to prove still. If Carson can achieve what Foles finished just once the rest of his career, it’ll be a success. But a failure it will be if not. 

I don't think Wentz needs to win a SB for him to be success. He just needs to stay healthy and look like a top 5 QB, kinda like Philip Rivers. It takes a lot of things going right to win a SB outside of NE, and now several GM's have copied Howie's offseason/in-season trade strategy. 

How lame is it that we still have never had a 4000 yard passer? That needs to end this year.

Edited by Jeezla

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I don't think Wentz needs to win a SB for him to be success. He just needs to stay healthy and look like a top 5 QB, kinda like Philip Rivers. It takes a lot of things going right to win a SB outside of NE, and now several GM's have copied Howie's offseason/in-season trade strategy. 

How lame is it that we still have never had a 4000 yard passer? That needs to end this year.

Failure is a harsh word. More like incomplete I guess. I don’t consider the McNabb era a failure but can’t seem to shake the fact that Andy and co. should have walked away with one or two. And that leaves a feeling of a level of failure. But since Nick finished that run off with a SB win, there’s way more pressure on Carson to get to that level as well, IMO. More so than if we didn’t win it. But I agree, you have to have more than just good QB play to win it. It does start there though.