2020 Draft Talk

swede700

1 hour ago, battle2heaven said:

Yep he plays RT on that line where Andrew Thomas is the LT and projected top 15 pick.

Thanks. I haven’t looked at him too much with our RT situation. Didn’t know if he had LT ability (but played  RT with  Thomas at LT) or projected as a high end  G.

Edited by Snake Plissken

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I listened to PA on Saturdays with Sauce and he seemed to be awfully impressed with Wilson.  While he's certainly not an expert, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him go in the first based on that evaluation. 

So was the discussion on how he might be in consideration for a Viking selection or as a general prospect?

16 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

So was the discussion on how he might be in consideration for a Viking selection or as a general prospect?

I'm not sure whether he was confident that they would consider him in the first or not, but he did say he would like to see him in a Vikings uniform.

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

I listened to PA on Saturdays with Sauce and he seemed to be awfully impressed with Wilson.  While he's certainly not an expert, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him go in the first based on that evaluation. 

And when PA starts talking about a prospect 2 weeks before the draft, let’s just say he didn’t just stumble upon that player by accident. 

Edited by SemperFeist

55 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

Thanks. I haven’t looked at him too much with our RT situation. Didn’t know if he had LT ability (but played  RT with  Thomas at LT) or projected as a high end  G.

He would excel at right guard. But most likely the shuffling eventually would be O’Neil to left tackle and Wilson at right tackle if they draft him 

12 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I have a gut feeling we see an aggressive trade up by Spielman.

I don't see it. With the lack of time with the prospects, and the inability to work them out prior to the draft, I don't see the value in trading up. We have a lot of holes to fill, and I think that in a situation like this, you want to take as many swings as you can. 

Additionally, based on current projections, I'd treat this year as a redshirt year for all draftees. Assume that they're probably not going to play this year and ensure they're on weight, nutrition, and film/scheme study as soon as possible.  If you bring in a solid draft/UDFA class of 18-20, and then add to it next draft, you can turn over a lot of the expensive players on the roster really quick. 

Edited by wcblack34
  • Like 1