2020 Draft Talk

swede700

44 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Some of the best QBs in NFL history weren't even taken in the first 5 picks though (Brady, Marino, Montana, Favre, Brees etc). It just takes good evaluators, a need/BPA at the time and some luck.

For every Peyton Manning and John Elway, there is a David Carr and Jamarcus Russell.

Which we don't have when it comes to the QB position.

12 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Never watched Bateman before today. Is he an NFL caliber player? 

Um yeah!  Bateman is a top 6 SOPH WR in the country and that is in a stacked SOPH WR class.  

Justyn Ross Clemson
Rondale Moore Purdue
KJ Hamler Penn State
Ja'Marr Chase LSU
Tamorrion Terry Florida State RS
Rashod Bateman Minnesota

Terry might declare this year so he could be gone but Bateman is right there with Chase, Hamler and company.  Kid is legit and has big time jump ball ability and open field speed.  Impressed as a FR and is even better as a SOPH and should be great as a JR.  

I want John Simpson at OG mid round for the Vikings.  The kid is arguably the best pulling guard in the nation, is constantly in motion and being moved around and is athletic enough to get to the spot. In the Vikings zone blocking scheme he would be a perfect fit, heck the guy even scored a TD last night which was great to see.  Awesome athlete and if he works out well I would not be surprised to see him maybe even gone by the 2nd round, be curious how he looks at the combine.  If he shows he is that elite as an athlete I would not mind spending a 2nd rounder on a solid athletic guard like him, again could be a great scheme fit.  

• Like 6

On 11/9/2019 at 11:42 PM, Torchezim said:

Which we don't have when it comes to the QB position.

I'll agree that there isn't a great track record, but we don't really know that yet regarding Stefanski, he now has the most influence on the position than he's ever had in the past.  

52 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'll agree that there isn't a great track record, but we don't really know that yet regarding Stefanski, he now has the most influence on the position than he's ever had in the past.  

Assuming he is actually with the organization come draft time... which he almost certainly will not be.

50 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Assuming he is actually with the organization come draft time... which he almost certainly will not be.

I'm not counting him leaving yet...he'll certainly get interviews, but I'd like to think that he's not going to take a job just to take a job.  I certainly think he's smart enough to not go to Washington or the Jets' organizations, especially.  

9 hours ago, swede700 said:

I'm not counting him leaving yet...he'll certainly get interviews, but I'd like to think that he's not going to take a job just to take a job.  I certainly think he's smart enough to not go to Washington or the Jets' organizations, especially.  

Or browns for that matter

14 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

You said regardless of the season’s outcome. If the Vikings win a super bowl this year, you would want them to fire Zimmer?

If we win a Super Bowl, I will take back all that I ever said negative about this team. 

I will eat crow for the next 3 years.  

And I will change my username to whatever you like for the next three years. 

4 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

If we win a Super Bowl, I will take back all that I ever said negative about this team. 

I will eat crow for the next 3 years.  

And I will change my username to whatever you like for the next three years. 

Ha, totally unnecessary! I just wanted to make sure that I understood what you were saying. I didn’t think that you actually meant what you said.