2020 Draft Talk

swede700

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Jordan Reid mocked Javon Kinlaw to us.

Thoughts?

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/marino-s-2020-nfl-mock-draft-4.0

I have seen him mocked to us elsewhere.  Probably not a bad selection, especially given that this interior defensive line class isn't that deep and we can't afford to wait to add talent to our interior DL.  We can wait until rounds 2 and 3 to get a G and DB.

8 hours ago, Klomp said:

So I've been thinking....

If you guys got sick of my pushing for Josh Allen a few drafts ago, you might really get sick of me in a few years once Trey Lance is ready to enter the league, if I'm still posting around here at that point.

/mute

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Klomp said:

Trey Lance

I have tickets to watch him on Jan 11th.  It will be my third game that I have attended while he has been playing QB; he was great in each of the first two I was at. If he keeps playing anywhere close to the level he has played this year, as a freshman, I'll happily join taking shots about my support for him.  He has been great! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

McShay mocked us Bryce Hall from Virgina. Not sure how I feel about another CB in the first.  Actually I hate it tbh

Given their current position as a contender, I'd prefer a player the coach will let play from day 1 in round 1......and I doubt Zimmer lets a CB play much, let alone start in year 1 much.

I haven't watched any college QBs outside of Burrow. Huts falls out of his first round. I don't see that happening with all the potential comparisons that will be made to Lamar. If he did fall to us, that would be interesting to sit behind Cousins for the last year of his deal.

11 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

I haven't watched any college QBs outside of Burrow. Huts falls out of his first round. I don't see that happening with all the potential comparisons that will be made to Lamar. If he did fall to us, that would be interesting to sit behind Cousins for the last year of his deal.

Except that Jalen Hurts isn't Lamar Jackson.  Hurts needs to sit behind someone, but not likely here.  I just don't see a "run-first" QB working here.  They want someone who can move, but not one where that's the QB's first instinct. 

11 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Except that Jalen Hurts isn't Lamar Jackson.  Hurts needs to sit behind someone, but not likely here.  I just don't see a "run-first" QB working here.  They want someone who can move, but not one where that's the QB's first instinct. 

No I get that completely. I think a lot of people can agree that Jackson's success is tied to Harbaugh and Greg Roman. We would need a creative OC to really make him fit the offense.

A lot of people though Lamar should have sat a year as well. I also think Dalvin would thrive in an RPO

Edited by twslhs20

38 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Given their current position as a contender, I'd prefer a player the coach will let play from day 1 in round 1......and I doubt Zimmer lets a CB play much, let alone start in year 1 much.

Didn't Hughes play quite a bit as a rookie before he got injured? And Hill had a decent amount of playing time as an undrafted rookie. It would depend on who all comes back

3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Didn't Hughes play quite a bit as a rookie before he got injured? And Hill had a decent amount of playing time as an undrafted rookie. It would depend on who all comes back

I could certainly be wrong about this.....I just want a starter. And, yes, many/most first round picks start/play a ton, their rookie year (that's not aimed at you, but others that will surely point out I'm wrong).

DT/CB/OL remain my top concerns for this roster. I've been on the DT train most of this season, but they will need another CB either in the draft or FA or both.....