2020 Draft Talk

swede700

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

Left OG would be nice. Number 65 is awful.

Yeah the Vikings were hurt in the draft, with that win they get knocked down and many of the OL they could use will probably be gone.  Alaric Jackson, Trey Smith, Leatherwood, Creed Humphrey would all have been OG targets late 1st round and all are going back to school.

Now they got maybe Jonah Jackson who is a little bit of a reach 1st rounder, and John Simpson who I would love 2nd round but he might not be around that late.  Josh Jones or Mekhi Becton make sense at OT but again what does one do with Reiff then?  Austin Jackson still might declare so that could help the OL depth and he would be a great LT prospect.  

The OL will be address no question about it, would love to get Tristian Wirfs but that is not really likely unless they trade up but they would have to trade a lot to do it.  

Just now, SemperFeist said:

If the team decides that Cousins is their guy, and gets an extension this offseason, the interior of both lines need to be top priority.

For the health of the res of the offense, Eiflien needs to go. I can't believe anyone can continue to defend his play at this point.

• Like 2

Just now, SemperFeist said:

If the team decides that Cousins is their guy, and gets an extension this offseason, the interior of both lines need to be top priority.

Extension?  I doubt that but will see.  Honestly though they could have the best QB in the world back there, with that OL it does not matter.  There is zero time for the QB in games where the run game is not producing.  

Get the best DL or OL out there, sure DL is not a big need but either way I would be fine with it.  Would love to have a little more deep DL kind of like the 49ers have.  

2 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

We can say all we want about the offensive line/defensive line, but this team needs some playmakers thru the draft on offense. Where are we with one of these rookie WR’s. It’s hard to depend on Diggs and Thielen to catch every ball.

They have to land somebody out of this ridiculously talented class, can't pass on that much talent. Already burns me that they passed on AJ Brown and Terry but they have to get somebody from this class that will likely have several fallers

10 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

We can say all we want about the offensive line/defensive line, but this team needs some playmakers thru the draft on offense. Where are we with one of these rookie WR’s. It’s hard to depend on Diggs and Thielen to catch every ball.

Should’ve taken AJ Brown or DK Metcalf over Irv Smith JR. I think the bad taste of Laquon stopped that though.

• Like 1