Jump to content
swede700

2020 Draft Talk

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

We can say all we want about the offensive line/defensive line, but this team needs some playmakers thru the draft on offense. Where are we with one of these rookie WR’s. It’s hard to depend on Diggs and Thielen to catch every ball.

Playmakers are irrelevant if the QB can't even finish dropping back before getting hit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

Playmakers are irrelevant if the QB can't even finish dropping back before getting hit. 

Playmakers are relevant if he can get them the ball. There was plenty of times there was no separation and Cousins had to just eat it. 3 step drops where he had nowhere to go. Can our line be improved? Sure. Will it? Most likely, but trying to just go after another interior lineman in round 1 isn’t going to fix that. 
 

Round 1 pick should be a difference maker. Outside of Nelson going to the Colts (not sure if he was even truly all that much of a difference maker) name another Round 1 player that made an impact year 1 that can help a team to the Super Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Biadasz in round 1 would be an upgrade at guard and could double as insurance if Bradbury doesn't dvelop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

Mekhi Becton*, OT, Louisville

Agreed, but honestly any OT of quality they could get would be great.  But Becton could easily go to New England before us.  Might have to settle on Josh Jones who would be over drafted at that spot and might not be a scheme fit but have to get someone.  Still what does one do with Reiff then is a massive issue I feel, but OT there are options, OG there are not as many high level options but some quality 2nd round options.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Agreed, but honestly any OT of quality they could get would be great.  But Becton could easily go to New England before us.  Might have to settle on Josh Jones who would be over drafted at that spot and might not be a scheme fit but have to get someone.  Still what does one do with Reiff then is a massive issue I feel, but OT there are options, OG there are not as many high level options but some quality 2nd round options.  

I think at this point we trade up to take a OT if need be. We need to build the interiors and bring in freak athletes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

Right more times than not.

Eh maybe

I'm just giving you a hard time 😝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sitting in an interesting spot at pick #25.... might be an attractive trade spot for teams that want to come up and grab a quarterback

Detroit, Los Angeles Chargers, Carolina, Jacksonville all have top ten picks and potential interest in a QBOTF.  Indianapolis also has an extra second round pick, but that would be a hefty move down.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If KJ Hamler is somehow around in the mid 2. (Personally I think he’s a top 20 guy) I’m instantly jumping up to get him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Playmakers are relevant if he can get them the ball. There was plenty of times there was no separation and Cousins had to just eat it. 3 step drops where he had nowhere to go. Can our line be improved? Sure. Will it? Most likely, but trying to just go after another interior lineman in round 1 isn’t going to fix that. 
 

Round 1 pick should be a difference maker. Outside of Nelson going to the Colts (not sure if he was even truly all that much of a difference maker) name another Round 1 player that made an impact year 1 that can help a team to the Super Bowl.

Drafting an interior offensive lineman in the 1st round is just poor value to begin with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Drafting an interior offensive lineman in the 1st round is just poor value to begin with. 

Which is why they have no OGs on the roster they drafted worth a damn. Because like you, the FO doesn't value OGs. Which is how you end up with awful OG play. Year after year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Which is why they have no OGs on the roster they drafted worth a damn. Because like you, the FO doesn't value OGs. Which is how you end up with awful OG play. Year after year

I'm starting to agree with you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×