2020 Draft Talk

swede700

4 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Let’s talk DTs, specially 3 techs. Which ones are everyone’s favorite to plug next to pat Williams 2.0 in Michael Pierce?

Kinlaw is probably the Pope dream, but which others ones gets everyone going? 

I haven't done that much research, but right now:

Blacklock in round 1, preferable 25.

Gallimore, Davidson, and Madubuike in round 2.

So it's pretty much assumed that younger Diggs is basically erased from the Vikings' board, right? 

I mean do you risk drafting him, when you know well that older Diggs is probably just constantly badmouthing the franchise.

Edited by joru1000

35 minutes ago, joru1000 said:

So it's pretty much assumed that younger Diggs is basically erased from the Vikings' board, right? 

I mean do you risk drafting him, when you know well that older Diggs is probably just constantly badmouthing the franchise.

Should have a red line through his name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snake Plissken said:

I haven't done that much research, but right now:

Blacklock in round 1, preferable 25.

Gallimore, Davidson, and Madubuike in round 2.

I don't think Gallimore lasts until our pick in the 2nd personally.   Not sure who I'd prefer between Madubuike and Blacklock.

9 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

After Griffen announced he is not returning,  do you think Gross-Matos is a realistic option at 22 or 25?  He seems like a boom or bust type but hopefully Andre Patterson would be able to get the most out of him.

Absolutely he is in play.. Did you get to see Lance Zierlein’s ( from nfl. Com ) newest mock draft today. I would love a OT, but he had us drafting Gross-Matos at 22 and Blacklock at 25.. that would make very happy going into our next season.

46 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

Absolutely he is in play.. Did you get to see Lance Zierlein’s ( from nfl. Com ) newest mock draft today. I would love a OT, but he had us drafting Gross-Matos at 22 and Blacklock at 25.. that would make very happy going into our next season.

Would hopefully solidify our DL.

YGM/Odenigbo-Blacklock-Pierce-Hunter

47 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

If they really want a DT they should go Gallimore instead of Blacklock I feel.  Gallimore has more pass rush potential than Blacklock and Pierce would be more the run stopper.  

YGM I would love in the 1st or AJ Epenesa who could fall to the Vikings as well.  But I cannot justify taking a DT 1st round when CB is the bigger need.  So if one of the better CBs are still there they take them in the 1st.  And if a WR is there would be hard to pass on them but all depends on how it falls.  

16 hours ago, Ozzy said:

If they really want a DT they should go Gallimore instead of Blacklock I feel.  Gallimore has more pass rush potential than Blacklock and Pierce would be more the run stopper.  

YGM I would love in the 1st or AJ Epenesa who could fall to the Vikings as well.  But I cannot justify taking a DT 1st round when CB is the bigger need.  So if one of the better CBs are still there they take them in the 1st.  And if a WR is there would be hard to pass on them but all depends on how it falls.  

I do agree that CB is a beligger need as of now, but in a lot of mocks I've done the board falls horribly for RD 1 in terms of CB.  Okudah, Gladney, Fulton, Henderson are all usually gone by then.  However, it usually allows me to take a combination of Andrew Thomas (probably not realistic), Josh Jones,  Yetur, Gallimore, and Grant Delpit (assume Harris is also traded) with 22 and 25.

Then Bryce Hall or Donovan Peoples-Jones in Round 2, and Biadasz and Bryan Edward's or Chase Claypool in Rd 3.