2020 Draft Talk

swede700

19 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

KJ Hamler would work soooo well on this team. Literally still drool over the thought he can be got for a 2nd round pick..... mocks should be starting to come up soon.

I would rather have Denzel Mims over Hamler all day long.  Mims is bigger and arguably faster.  Hamler did not run at the combine but would be hard to have out run Mims who ran the best in even the cone drill which was impressive at his size.  Has great arm length but not sure they can pass on a starting CB or DE to get him 1st round so he is probably gone.

I would not mind Gandy-Golden as a 3rd round WR who is a jump ball guy, same with Chase Claypool who is a tank and ran crazy well at the combine, Bryan Edwards is a physical stud and so is Michael Pittman and Donovan People-Jones has some elite athletic ability as a larger receiver.

I hope they get some size if possible at the WR position, we have enough smaller guys I want someone who can go up and get the football high in the air in tight coverage.  Not sure I would spend a 1st rounder on one unless Jefferson falls.  Kamler could fall to us in the 2nd and would be a good value but waiting till the 3rd or 4th to get Gandy-Golden, Claypool, Jones or Edwards might be the better option.

• Like 1

As I start to dig more into film, at this point I think a first round of Josh Jones and Noah Igbinoghene is my favorite realistic scenario. I think both of those guys would fit extremely well onto this football team and bring a little attitude that we need.

• Like 1

did my first ever seven-round mock... don't think it went well. i also didn't do trades because i didn''t have a premium account.

22 Josh Jones, OT Houston

25 Jalen Reagor, WR TCU

58 Damon Arnette, CB Ohio State

89 Khalid Kareem , EDGE Notre Dame

105 Amik Robertson, CB Louisiana Tech

132 McTelvin Agim, IDL Arkansas

155 Michael Onwenu, IOL Michigan

201 David Dowell, S Michigan State

205 Tyrie Cleveland, WR Florida

219 James Lynch, IDL Baylor

249 Jacob Breeland, TE Oregon

253 Aaron Fuller, WR Washington

40 minutes ago, whitehops said:

did my first ever seven-round mock... don't think it went well. i also didn't do trades because i didn''t have a premium account.

22 Josh Jones, OT Houston

25 Jalen Reagor, WR TCU

58 Damon Arnette, CB Ohio State

89 Khalid Kareem , EDGE Notre Dame

105 Amik Robertson, CB Louisiana Tech

132 McTelvin Agim, IDL Arkansas

155 Michael Onwenu, IOL Michigan

201 David Dowell, S Michigan State

205 Tyrie Cleveland, WR Florida

219 James Lynch, IDL Baylor

249 Jacob Breeland, TE Oregon

253 Aaron Fuller, WR Washington

Waiting till the 6th Round to take a safety.  I assume that you think that The Vikings will end up NOT trading Harris, presumably because no team will offer more than a 4th Round choice.  Keeping Harris, will they have enough cap space left to sign a half-way decent veteran CB as insurance, in case both Arnette AND Robertson need time to adjust to their new team, system, and league, AND Hughes doesn't play well?

12 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

What is the worst possible yet realistic pair at 22 and 25 you can think of?

First, I would say any position that doesn't address need at OL, DL, CB, WR.  I have seen a few mock with the Vikings taking a LB like Murray or Queen---Fine players, but not need/value.

Second, my least favorite paring of those needs would be WR and CB assuming equally rated players.

Based on mocks, my least favorite pairing might be Reagor and Diggs.  I like Reagor, but not at 25.  Not a fan of Diggs.

My favorite might be Kinlaw (doubt he would fall that far) and Thomas (who does seem to be sliding a bit.)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

First, I would say any position that doesn't address need at OL, DL, CB, WR.  I have seen a few mock with the Vikings taking a LB like Murray or Queen---Fine players, but not need/value.

Second, my least favorite paring of those needs would be WR and CB assuming equally rated players.

Based on mocks, my least favorite pairing might be Reagor and Diggs.  I like Reagor, but not at 25.  Not a fan of Diggs.

My favorite might be Kinlaw (doubt he would fall that far) and Thomas (who does seem to be sliding a bit.)

A LB for us would be awful.  I don't think I'd take one in the 1st 5 rounds.   Rounds 1-4 need to be OL,  DL, CB, WR, DL

29 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

A LB for us would be awful.  I don't think I'd take one in the 1st 5 rounds.   Rounds 1-4 need to be OL,  DL, CB, WR, DL

Yes, LB wouldn’t make any sense if you’re playing that player less than 30% of the time like the Vikes do with the third LB. Theres nothing wrong with Wilson for that spot, I like him more than Gedeon and the second round tender suggests he may get more reps over Gedeon.

I don't want a WR but i could see us targeting Jefferson and Reagor with pick #25, and I really like Jefferson.

Ideally, I'd take CJ Henderson and/or Javon Kinlaw.

In the second, maybe Prince Teno Wanago?

I wouldn't bother with WR until the 3rd but I just don't see that happening.

Mock for Vikings (via Simulator):

I would have liked to go CB in the 2nd round, but with Reagor available, I took the perceived value. Went with multiple EDGE (comp 3rd and 4th), who are not likely day 1 starters, but can be rotational rushers in their rookie years with good explosive traits (can't teach speed), while developing further into more senior roles in their 2nd year..

Edited by CriminalMind
  • Like 1