2020 Draft Talk

swede700

1 minute ago, Hyperborean said:

Talking about being wrong on draft prospects, I remember being so mad that the Vikings passed on Jimmy Kennedy and got this Kevin Williams loser. LOL  Woops.

Hey man, we ended up with both! All good :D

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hyperborean said:

I didn't know he was from Minnesota.  

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

He was born here but I don’t think he actually spent much time here.

"Suggs was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the son of Laverne Diane and Donald Lee Suggs. He was raised in St. Paul, Minnesota. While growing up in Saint Paul, he played youth football, as a center, with future major league MVP baseball player Joe Mauer as quarterback. Suggs moved to Arizona after the eighth grade."

Per the reliable source that is Wikipedia ;)

Edited by VikeManDan
Added quotes
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RpMc said:

His cousin, Jalen, was just the #1 basketball and #5 football recruit in the state. Signed to play basketball at Gonzaga.

I did not know Jalen Suggs was Terrell Suggs cousin?  That is true?  Jalen is an awesome player, kind of sucks he is going to Gonzaga but is apparently totally considering playing overseas for a year potentially like in Australia instead of college.  Wish he would have stayed with football though, could have been an amazing receiver I think and maybe QB in the right system, hell of a DB as well.  I am going to watch him live this weekend so that will be fun.  Will be in the McDonald's All American game and easily one of the best all around athletes ever in the state of Minnesota.  

Is part of a basketball team that has four D1 basketball prospects on it and two D1 football prospects.  Could be one of the best teams ever in the state in terms of talent if they win another title with the move up to 3AAA.  Last year they had Craig McDonald on the basketball team and he is a D1 recruit going to Iowa State for football not sure he is playing basketball this year and Bennett Theisen was on the basketball team as well last year and he is D1 in baseball.

Jalen Suggs (Gonzaga/Overseas)
Kaden Johnson (Wisconsin football)
Terry Lockett (Michigan State football)
Chet Holmgren JR C
Prince Aligbe SOPH G
Donovan Smith SOPH G

Who's the last home-run/impact 1st rounder the Vikings have selected? Spielman needs to make the pick count this year.

Bradbury (2019) - TBD
Hughes (2018) - Needs to have a big year
No pick (2017) - Traded for Bradford
Treadwell (2016) - Bust
Waynes (2015) - Good but not great, will get $$$ in FA most likely.
Teddy/Barr (2014) - Freak injury and a solid LBer.
Floyd/Rhodes/Patterson (2013) - Another injury/Great player who fell off dramatically and likely to be cut/Gadget player
Kalil/Smith (2012) - Another injury/One of the games best safeties since being drafted.
Ponder (2011) - Bust
No pick (2010) - Traded out of #30 and down to #34 (Chris Cook?) and some other picks.

• Like 1