2020 Draft Talk

swede700

5 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

First three rounds could go that way, OL, DT and DE. That’s the blueprint Zimmer wants, run the ball and generate lots of front four pressure. 

I agree 100% and that is how I hope this draft goes. Give me Josh Jones or Austin Jackson in the 1st, Justin Madubuike in the 2nd and Darrell Taylor in the 3rd.. 

I would probably even take another DL in the 4th as well. Devon Hamilton with our comp pick.  Have to get better on our lines...

31 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Hopefully that means they are leaning towards cutting Reiff and getting some cap relief.

I think we’re going to see Reiff restructure and possibly get switched to guard. 

Cutting Reiff leaves way to big of a hole on the offensive line, and virtually forces the team’s hand in the draft. 

10 hours ago, KeithVikings28 said:

RB/WR Antonio Gibson (Memphis) needs to be on the Vikings radar. Cook and Mattison can't stay healthy and he would offer a viable back up who offers value as a RB, WR and a returner. 

IDK anything about this prospect in particular, but I do agree that it's a good idea to keep drafting mid to late round high upside RBs on the chance that you hit on one and keep the costs at that position low.

I don't think they should do it because the incumbents can't stay healthy though. They should be preparing for a future without Dalvin Cook because he's going to cost too much.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KeithVikings28 said:

RB/WR Antonio Gibson (Memphis) needs to be on the Vikings radar. Cook and Mattison can't stay healthy and he would offer a viable back up who offers value as a RB, WR and a returner. 

I'm not sure how you can say that Mattison can't stay healthy, considering he only was injured at the very end of the year and then was healthy for the playoff games.  I'm not considering any RBs until the 6th or 7th round at the earliest...and even then, I'm probably not in favor of drafting one at all...just bring in some UDFAs to compete with Boone.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Hopefully that means they are leaning towards cutting Reiff and getting some cap relief.

IDK...it seems as if the kicking a tackle inside rarely works, particularly for the Vikings.  I think getting someone who is actually a guard makes the most sense.

Just now, Virginia Viking said:

IDK...it seems as if the kicking a tackle inside rarely works, particularly for the Vikings.  I think getting someone who is actually a guard makes the most sense.

I agree. I don’t want to pay Reiff to see if he can transition inside. Just take the cap savings and force a change on the OL. Relying on vets has been Spielmans go to along the OL and it simply hasn’t worked out. I hate the reluctance to move on from players who just aren’t good and expensive.