Favorite Draft Selections

Nex_Gen

Putting together how you felt about the prospect, the slot value he was drafted at and the team he was drafted to (factor in coaching, scheme, supporting cast etc), what picks were some of your favorite draft selections from the 2019 Draft? List as many as you'd like...

DK Metcalf - Seahawks: Honestly didn't know how humble and passionate he was. That draft call was just an amazing moment. I had actually thought the Seahawks were gonna take him with their first pick that went to Collier. But the fact that they got him at the end of Round 2 was even better. Honestly don't think there was a more fitting deep ball thrower for him than Wilson, who has the nicest arc and touch on his throws downfield. He's gonna do great there.

Chase Winovich - Patriots: As mainstream of an opinion as this was (since everyone pegged him to NE), it still had to happen to be real. Winovich, phonetically reminds of Patriots past fan favorite, Ninkovich, brings the energy of Gronk, and boasts the attitude of Chandler Jones all in one package. Aside from the underrated motor and sneaky athleticism he displays, I think his best attribute is actually his "coachability" for the lack of better word. He's the perfect player for Belichick to get the most out of. The man also has beautiful hair.

Zach Allen - Cardinals: I tend to think Allen would have been a late 1st rounder if this class wasn't so deep. The motor he displays in my opinion, was the best in the class. The Cardinals have finally found the bookend they've been trying to pair with Chandler Jones for years to come.

Darius Slayton - Giants: I'm just gonna go ahead and front this first. I had Slayton as one of my top WRs in this class. Not only does he have size, his speed and agility matches that of an Emmanuel Sanders at 6'1. On tape he looks even bigger that that, and his speed testing at the Combine shows up impressively as well. I think he's used to adversity and top competition playing at Auburn in the SEC. He will thrive in a similar situation with the Giants who need him to instantly.

Dalton Risner - Broncos: If you needed to improve your offensive in some way, shape or form, Risner was the surest and safest pick in this draft. I think this is great for the Broncos who needed that, and they got him at the value of one of their top 3 picks.

Taylor Rapp - Rams: There isn't much of a connection here to make with where he went. It's just that every time I see him, I see a young Harrison Smith. And that kind of player to any defense just brings it up another level. He's an upgrade over Joyner if you ask me.

• Like 1

I like murray at 1, I think he willwork if they have an offense aroundhim.

Josh Allen and the dt from Houston were great value.

I like greedy at 46 ward and him could be excellent compliments 

Jacob's to the raider could be great also. 

AJ Brown (Titans): I honestly feel this was possibly the steal of the draft.  I had Brown as my No. 1 receiver, and a mid-first round talent.  The fact that he fits the mold for what the Titans need like a glove is just a bonus.

Montez Sweat (Skins): The reason I can't say 100% that Brown was the steal of the draft is because of this.  Sweat was in my top 5 players, and at a premium position.

Greg Little (Panthers): Little was my third rated tackle, and with Jawaan Taylor's injury, he might be second.  The Panthers have really struggled finding a left tackle, so this one falling into their laps is huge.

Juan Thornhill (Chiefs): Thornhill was my top safety, so the Chiefs getting him in the bottom of the second was a big steal.  They need a safety with Eric Berry gone, and Thornhill has the upside to be a stud, and experience playing CB to boot.

Hakeem Butler (Cards) and Kelvin Harmon (Skins): I wasn't as high on either of these receivers as most people seemed to be, but Butler in the fourth and Harmon in the sixth were both steals.  You rarely get big receivers that look ready to contribute now that late.  Especially for teams with rookie QBs.

Iman Marshall (Ravens): I'm way, way higher on Marshall than the consensus.  He was a good grab this late, and if he works out, I'll be bragging about it for a while.  If not, I'll deny that I really liked him that much.

Charles Omenihu (Texans): Complementary DE ought to make up for Watt's declining play, or help pad their front seven if they do trade away Clowney.  Also, great value.

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Iman Marshall (Ravens): I'm way, way higher on Marshall than the consensus.  He was a good grab this late, and if he works out, I'll be bragging about it for a while.  If not, I'll deny that I really liked him that much.

Even better is the ol' "No he's still good, they just didn't develop him properly".

• Like 1