Brown's GM John Dorsey interested in Gerald McCoy?

bucsfan333

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Seems kinda late now. We have no depth on the line and losing our best guy would just make matters worse.

Didn t they sign Richardson in the offseason.    With Garrett snd Mayfield on rookie deal, it s more about position to play and playing time.

10 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Yup. I don't get why we'd wanna get rid of him for any other reason other than cap.

And even then. 😬

I think he is a rotational player at this point, which is no slight.  He is better pass rusher then rush defense.  For every highlight of him shooting a gap, he got moved off the LOS plenty.  The Baltimore game last season,  GMC had 2 total tackles, Vea had 9 tackles.  

At this point of his career, he is a 30-40 snap player.  I wonder if he is ready to accept that role.  He s had a great career, but to expect 30 plus age DTs to play at an elite level for 60 plays is a stretch.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Yup. I don't get why we'd wanna get rid of him for any other reason other than cap.

And even then. 😬

I think at this point it's a combination of 2 things, cap space and defensive mentality.  They are trying to change the culture of this defense and unfortunately McCoy doesn't fit this culture anymore. He is almost the complete opposite of Sapp personality wise and that's what we need if this defense is going to turn around.

I think he would do great in a system where he doesn't need to be a leader and just go get the QB, which he can in Cleveland.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...