Week 1 GDT: Raiders (0-0) at Titans (0-0)

Titans fan 617

Sorry I couldn't wait to do this. This was the worst preseason I ever sat through as a Titans fan.

Still early we havnt made cuts yet but ready to focus on the Raiders.

I will say this even though it's Week 1 I think this is a big game. 2 Teams chosen to be surprise contenders to the almighty New England Patriots. Home field and seedings could be a factor down the line with the head to head matchup. 

Its still very early to talk about matchups but I will be brutally honest and I swear it has nothing to do with preseason but I just don't feel good about the matchup. I just don't trust this defense yet.

As for optimism the Titans were without Delanie Walker last year and should have had a chance to win that game if it weren't for a dumb play by Lewan and and iffy call by the ref and the only reason it was iffy was because they let Cooper get away with it early in the game so there is that glimpse of optimism.

Also just my opinion I don't think Lynch has a good game I'm not sold on a guy sitting out all year and trying to come back and being impactful immediately. To me he looks heavier and for a guy who hates talking to the media he's done an awful lot of joking around this offseason every time I seen him.

What are your early thoughts on the matchup?

No idea what to expect in Week 1. I'd like to be optimistic, but I just don't know. I think we'll come out with a lot of the exotic smashmouth stuff that Mularkey gets mocked for, so that could be fun or really bad.

We're going to have to outscore them, there's just no way the defense holds them under 20. The good news is that the Raiders (albeit in the preseason) were the first team to make Jared Goff look like a legitimate NFL quarterback, so the potential to put up big numbers exists, particularly with Davis and Decker playing.

The Raiders have had a few CB's go down with injuries right this offseason? I just don't think the offense will be the problem. Our defense some how held them to 17 last year so I have no idea how this game will go I can see a shootout or I can see the Titans winning comfortably I can literally see this game going many ways. 

The thing that keeps me up at night though is this defense. I feel like we are more talented on Def but I have to see it and they have prove it. We will see Ryan and Sims in the base packages starting but after that I don't know what happens. We need the defense to start coming away with takeaways and coming up with the 3rd and long stops all that crap sticks in my head from last year 

It's a big game. Not a make or break but a big game. The raiders are legit. It's a toss up imo being week 1. This team really feels like a late season team idk. A win or loss for either team wont tell the story of the season. Should be fun regardless. I'm thinking a high scoring back and forth game. Hoping COREY DAVIS comes in and shows everyone why he was a top 5 pick. Show titans fans what a real number 1 WR looks like. Matthews on one side Davis on the other and either Decker or Taylor in the slot!!! Like thats nasty and I'm just ready to see it. LETS GO BOYS!!!!

Carr, Cooper & Crabtree scare me to death. If we somehow maintain them, it'd go a long way in the confidence we'd all have in our secondary.  

In fact if our defense somehow contains their entire offense, I'd feel very good about the potential of our season. They have one of the top offenses we'll face this year.

Held them to 17 points last year with a much worse defense, only Kansas City held a Carr led Raiders team to less points. LeBeau knows how to stop their offense, and if last year is any indication, LeBeau's scheming is good enough to hide the holes on our defense for a few weeks(both the first few weeks of the regular season and after the bye our defense was actually decent last year. it's after teams caught on to LeBeau's adjustments that our bad players in the secondary were exposed).

Offense just needs to do it's job.

8 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Held them to 17 points last year with a much worse defense, only Kansas City held a Carr led Raiders team to less points. LeBeau knows how to stop their offense, and if last year is any indication, LeBeau's scheming is good enough to hide the holes on our defense for a few weeks(both the first few weeks of the regular season and after the bye our defense was actually decent last year. it's after teams caught on to LeBeau's adjustments that our bad players in the secondary were exposed).

Offense just needs to do it's job.

Didn't someone drop a TD right before the half or Carr miss someone wide open? I could be wrong but I swear remembering feeling a little lucky the game was close at the end. I see what you're saying tho. This should be a good game. 

Should be a good game. The Raiders offense will be a Monster this year. We will put up points. But we will also get scored on alot. Our defense still looks like it sucks, it's Khalil Mack or bust on that side of the ball for us. I expect Mariota to have a good game, and he will feast on our terrible linebackers in coverage. Just tell Marcus to stay away from David Amerson lol I swear Amerson has had the best two games of his average career the last two years against y'all.

I see a close, high scoring type game that will come down to the wire, which Derek Carr excels in. Should be a good one.

18 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

Didn't someone drop a TD right before the half or Carr miss someone wide open? 

I think you're referring to the last play of the first half, where Reggie Nelson picked off a pass as time expired and was running it back for a TD that would've put the Raiders up 24-3 I believe. But iirc, the refs made a mistake and blew the play dead or something.

Regardless, y'all totally kicked our buts the second half of that game. And if it weren't for Taylor Lewan being dirty, the game would've went to OT.

35 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I think you're referring to the last play of the first half, where Reggie Nelson picked off a pass as time expired and was running it back for a TD that would've put the Raiders up 24-3 I believe. But iirc, the refs made a mistake and blew the play dead or something.

Regardless, y'all totally kicked our buts the second half of that game. And if it weren't for Taylor Lewan being dirty, the game would've went to OT.

Just watched the highlights. You were right. I don't know if he was gonna score. Think he would've had to slow down to get around the two guys that were about to get blocked and someone would've caught him from behind. Idk still got lucky. 

And man.. The bums we had starting on defense. And at WR... YIKES!!! Can't wait to see Davis and Decker out there :D Hope they can stay healthy.

The last two games both came down to the end. I expect this one will as well. Hoping we are seeing a preview of the AFC championship game :D  Or at least a playoff game lolol

Archived