Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Titans fan 617

Week 1 GDT: Raiders (0-0) at Titans (0-0)

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I think you're referring to the last play of the first half, where Reggie Nelson picked off a pass as time expired and was running it back for a TD that would've put the Raiders up 24-3 I believe. But iirc, the refs made a mistake and blew the play dead or something.

Regardless, y'all totally kicked our buts the second half of that game. And if it weren't for Taylor Lewan being dirty, the game would've went to OT.

Or the bs offensive pass interference against AJ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Or the bs offensive pass interference against AJ....

Oh come on, that was a blatant push off by AJ there. Lol he tossed Tj Carrie to the ground.

If you can't create separation on TJ Carrie (who sucks) without pushing off, you should probably retire which is what's AJ did a few weeks later lol :D

Edited by SilverNBlackFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Oh come on, that was a blatant push off by AJ there. Lol he tossed Tj Carrie to the ground.

If you can't create separation on TJ Carrie (who sucks) without pushing off, you should probably retire which is what's AJ did a few weeks later lol :D

Carrie was already falling. AJ's arm just happened to be on him at the time. It never extended. Not that it matters now.

Still mad AJ quit on us.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

Carrie was already falling. AJ's arm just happened to be on him at the time. It never extended. Not that it matters now.

Still mad AJ quit on us.  

I do agree he pushed off but the refs let it go when Cooper did it in the first or second quarter so the refs picked and chose it was good for one and not the other and I thought Coopers was more blatant than AJs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how do the Titans attack Oakland?

On offense I want to see the Titans attack that secondary. Pass to set up the run should be the game plan. I know they want to be the smash mouth part but if I was the Titans I'd take advantage of the weapons we have. I don't except Davis to play most of the snaps but maybe less is more with him on Sunday. Mariota has a lot of talent at his disposal I say empty it on Sunday and let him spread that ball to everybody. 

Now the flip side of the ball... I have no idea what we will get on defense. Who is the guy that Adoree Jackson should cover Crabtree or Roberts because I do not want to see him on Cooper. Ryan or Sims will have to cover Cooper. Jarred Cook could be a factor but hopefully Williamson and especially Jayon Brown who's speed will be needed to keep up with Cook.

I have no idea how this game shakes out my gut has me worried mostly because of the defense. Last year was low scoring this year could be high scoring. I know for us to have a shot our pass rush will have to be all over Carr for our secondary to have a real chance 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2017 at 9:48 AM, SilverNBlackFan said:

Oh come on, that was a blatant push off by AJ there. Lol he tossed Tj Carrie to the ground.

If you can't create separation on TJ Carrie (who sucks) without pushing off, you should probably retire which is what's AJ did a few weeks later lol :D

Nah, it was a pretty terrible call. There was contact at the top of the route and Carrie, knowing he was beat, flopped to draw a flag. If you're going to call that OPI, you should be calling OPI at least 7 or 8 times a game. I mean, it was more just terrible technique from Carrie than anything else. 10 yards downfield and he's doing some sort of weird back and side pedal that has him completely off balance right before contact is initiated.

Watching it back again, my biggest problem with that flag was that the ref clearly waited to see the result of the play before throwing it. I mean the contact happened at the top of the route, and the flag didn't even come into the picture until AJ had secured the catch, gotten two feet down, taken a few more steps and started celebrating. If it's OPI, you should be calling it immediately.

Not that we played well enough to win that game anyways, but the refs had been letting a lot of contact between WRs and DBs up until that point go, so to make that call on the biggest play of the game was just particularly painful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as our offense gets going we should be fine.  Carr is overrated and doesn't scare me. Stop the run, win the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VYoung10 said:

As long as our offense gets going we should be fine.  Carr is overrated and doesn't scare me. Stop the run, win the game. 

Da fuq?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait to see the best young quarterback in the NFL face off against Derek Carr to open the season!!!!!!!!!

To echo a point I read earlier in this thread, we feel like a team that's going to take some time to really get rolling. That said, to come out of the gates on Sunday and hang 35+ against Oakland is something that I'm hoping for more than anything. I just want us to show that we can hang with an offense that's going to be explosive this year, especially through the air.

38-31 Titans let's gooooo!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/09/2017 at 8:39 PM, Titans fan 617 said:

So how do the Titans attack Oakland?

On offense I want to see the Titans attack that secondary. Pass to set up the run should be the game plan. I know they want to be the smash mouth part but if I was the Titans I'd take advantage of the weapons we have. I don't except Davis to play most of the snaps but maybe less is more with him on Sunday. Mariota has a lot of talent at his disposal I say empty it on Sunday and let him spread that ball to everybody. 

Now the flip side of the ball... I have no idea what we will get on defense. Who is the guy that Adoree Jackson should cover Crabtree or Roberts because I do not want to see him on Cooper. Ryan or Sims will have to cover Cooper. Jarred Cook could be a factor but hopefully Williamson and especially Jayon Brown who's speed will be needed to keep up with Cook.

I have no idea how this game shakes out my gut has me worried mostly because of the defense. Last year was low scoring this year could be high scoring. I know for us to have a shot our pass rush will have to be all over Carr for our secondary to have a real chance 

 

You should run it a lot. I don't think our D will be able to do much. Our front 7 is Mack, Irvin and a bunch of inexperienced players. we're starting 2 rookies at DT (Eddie Vanderdoes) and MLB (Marquel Lee). If you kill the clock and keep our offense off the field, you have a very good shot to get the W.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we lose to them again unfortunately. Offense starts slow incorporating new weapons. Personally I think we start the season slow trying to get guys on the same page as Mariota. Pick up steam midway through the year and have a chance at the playoffs kind of like last year. I expect this game to be a 27-17 type game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A thing that happened all preseason long that I'm worried that carries over to the regular season is the penalties. Lewan always has a blatant face mask or just has a penalty at the worst time. On defense it seems like any time there is a 50/50 jump ball when we're on defense our DBs get flagged. On jump ball situations this is were we need Adoree Jackson to come threw for us. 

I just hope we come out and play a good game. I can live with the loss if we did all we could do and just came out on the wrong end but if we have 10 penalties and 3 turnovers and can't move the ball im going to be furious.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I feel like this forum is dead for the first game of the season letttttttts goooooo Titan fans 

I think many of us are holding our breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×