Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Titans fan 617

Week 1 GDT: Raiders (0-0) at Titans (0-0)

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, KingTitan said:


But, like I said. Nobody in the this forum will truly believe we are good, until we have no choice but believe it.

 

I picked us to go 11-5, so some of us must think we're good. If Mariota stays healthy, we are going to be good. I think our OL might take a step back this year on the interior, and maybe even on the right side if Conklin isn't getting as much help as last year. I think a lot of our OL success came from scheme more so than both Spain and Kline being above average OGs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this game comes down to whether or not we get good Marcus. If Marcus is sharp, I really think we win this game. 

I think we are built to match up fairly well with Oakland. The power run game should be able to find success against that defense and that will open things up for Marcus. I'm going to be pretty disappointed if the offense doesn't move the ball consistently on Sunday.

No idea what to expect from the defense, but I'm hopeful the improvements in the secondary will be enough to help us survive. Looking for something like a 31-28 Titans win.

Sunday will go a long way to determining how optimistic I can be about this team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I picked us to go 11-5, so some of us must think we're good. If Mariota stays healthy, we are going to be good. I think our OL might take a step back this year on the interior, and maybe even on the right side if Conklin isn't getting as much help as last year. I think a lot of our OL success came from scheme more so than both Spain and Kline being above average OGs.

Forgive me for speaking in absolutes.

I do think majority of the forum is having a hard time believing that we will have a good year. 

I do think we will be good. But I still am not used to believing we will be good, after such a long time of below average success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I do think majority of the forum is having a hard time believing that we will have a good year. 

I'd say the majority of the forum wants to believe we'll be good, but have been burned too many times to be overly optimistic. I was the resident pessimist over the offseason, but even I can see that the potential is there to have a real good and fun season. But I'm just so hesitant to predict real success. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually think we match up pretty evenly with you guys, with us having a slight advantage offensively and you guys being better defensively (although both teams have a ways to go here). 

 

Imo it's gonna come down to the turnover/penalty battle. A few DPI's one way and an extra INT could decide it. I'd venture to guess something pretty high scoring like 31-27. 

Delanie Walker is probably in for a big game and I can't wait to see Murray and Henry slash us all game long. Our offense is gonna have to be sharp from the get go. 

 

Good luck and cheers to a safe game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's weird we are so worried since we did beat what 5 playoff teams last year? I think the bigger worry is we are so use to seeing slow starts out of this team year after year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Actually think we match up pretty evenly with you guys, with us having a slight advantage offensively and you guys being better defensively (although both teams have a ways to go here). 

 

Imo it's gonna come down to the turnover/penalty battle. A few DPI's one way and an extra INT could decide it. I'd venture to guess something pretty high scoring like 31-27. 

Delanie Walker is probably in for a big game and I can't wait to see Murray and Henry slash us all game long. Our offense is gonna have to be sharp from the get go. 

 

Good luck and cheers to a safe game!

Ya hopefully no broken legs lol they should have a trophy for the winning QB I named this game the broken leg ball early in the offseason 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're the Titans, so we will come out flat and look pathetic, get rocked, string together some impressive wins outside the division while going 2-4 within the division, then miss the playoffs cuz we lose to a 3-12 Jaguars team in week 17 to seal the division crown to cap off another 9-7 season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

We're the Titans, so we will come out flat and look pathetic, get rocked, string together some impressive wins outside the division while going 2-4 within the division, then miss the playoffs cuz we lose to a 3-12 Jaguars team in week 17 to seal the division crown to cap off another 9-7 season.

So your logic is that because something happened last year it will happen this year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

So your logic is that because something happened last year it will happen this year? 

Until we prove we can hang inside the division, we the same ol' Titans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So LeShaun Sims (groin) and Taylor Lewan (ankle) got dinged up in practice today. Lewan I'm not all that worried about I think he'll be fine but the Sims groin injury doesn't sound too good for Sunday anyway. They asked him about it and he said we"ll see tomorrow but didn't sound to confident so not sure on him yet. I was already worried about the Titans defense in this matchup but even more worried if we have to see Jackson starting and see a lot of McCain. Seth Roberts will have a good day if McCains on him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Until we prove we can hang inside the division, we the same ol' Titans

I agree that we need to have a winning record inside our division in order to take ourselves seriously, but we are far from the same Titans we were two years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this is Raiders week next week I'll worry about the division next week.

I just want to see them come out and look mentally tough don't start slow come out look prepared and play a good game that's all I'm asking for. Don't expect to be good because people say you are actually come out and prove to everyone that you are good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2017 at 4:48 AM, VY-FTW said:

Just watched the highlights. You were right. I don't know if he was gonna score. Think he would've had to slow down to get around the two guys that were about to get blocked and someone would've caught him from behind. Idk still got lucky. 

 

And man.. The bums we had starting on defense. And at WR... YIKES!!! Can't wait to see Davis and Decker out there :D Hope they can stay healthy.

The last two games both came down to the end. I expect this one will as well. Hoping we are seeing a preview of the AFC championship game :D  Or at least a playoff game lolol

Walford also caught a TD that was called back because of a holding 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For any Raiders fan still checking this thread is the Mack injury a real injury or a Patriot injury where it's probably nothing and they listed him just to list him?

Im sure he plays Sunday but is he actually going to be affected by the injury or is he a full go and shouldn't have any problems?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×