Week 1 GDT: Raiders (0-0) at Titans (0-0)

Titans fan 617

Okay...    interesting... going in I wouldn't have been surprised if we lost...    its hard to really tell but my thoughts:

1. We were worried about them passing down field... Raiders saw that and picked us apart on the underneath stuff.. which was made worse by the bad tackling.. .I would love to see YAC numbers for this game..   I did think other then 1 or 2 plays the coverage down field was good enough against a high quality pass attack like Oakland has...    huh   or front 7 really showed very little energy to me except for the back to back sacks and the final series...  other then Morgan.. zip nadda  
  2. special teams..  too many mistakes of trying too hard..  and some bad calls really hurt here...
  3. offense.. looked okay..   Raiders were selling out to stop the middle run.. we didn't adapt well.. not the few miss direction on run downs worked well....  the quick toss to murray on the left run..   the toss to taylor.. and the QB keeper for the TD...   second half though it was like Raiders knew what pass plays we were running WR w;ere not open at all and it looked like either Mariota had no good choices to go with the ball or he was zeroed in too much on the primary reciever and not letting the play develop and throw to the open guy..   it also seemed like the coaches expected Decker to be able to make some plays.. and he just couldn't .. Mariota also missed a number of deep passes the second half, he was on target the 1st half..    the Walker play that was out of bounds should have been thrown much sooner, while he was in bounds and before the safety could get there.
  4. I was actually very happy with Jackson as a CB...   to expect a cover punt returner type corner to tackle like Sherman his first game in the NFL is just too much to ask of him..  
  5. finally i really think this game came down to too many correctable mistakes.. Defense not playing with enough FIRE in the front seven.. no drive...  and the raiders seemed to have a good handle on and be more prepared for what we were trying to do offensively and defensively this game then we were and that is a worry to me..

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I expected to start slow this season. Adding new receivers who hardly played in the preseason.  One who looked slow as hell today. Davis should get more PT the healthier he gets. Need to see more Taylor. Need to see more Henry on earlier downs. Don't care what anyone says, Henry is the better runner at this stage. Demarco has the clear advantage in pass-pro and receiving though. Adding 2 new DBs(3 today with Sims out). Tackling was just pathetic though. No reason Amari Cooper should be dragging 5 guys into the end zone. Lack of true playmakers also is still a concern. Too many guys running wide open. Interior OL is a huge weakness. I expect them to resign Spain but Kline is likely done after this year. 

I disagree about Henry. I agree Murray looked pretty mediocre today, but I haven't yet seen anything from Henry that'd make me believe he'd be the better choice as a first down back. For what it's worth, I definitely expect to be in the minority on this, but I have some serious doubts about Henry being our featured back for the future.

10 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

make a thread for all of us to sign up for a week. 

Oh ya it's my fault Mularkey and Robiskie suck 

The only reason I do them is because I wake up on Tuesdays and no one started on yet so who ever does it better have one Tue. Normally when we lose the pissed of fans don't want to talk Titans that early 

5 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Oh ya it's my fault Mularkey and Robiskie suck 

The only reason I do them is because I wake up on Tuesdays and no one started on yet so who ever does it better have one Tue. Normally when we lose the pissed of fans don't want to talk Titans that early 

You know he was joking right? No one gives a **** who starts a damn GDT.

Archived