Week 1 GDT: Raiders (0-0) at Titans (0-0)

Titans fan 617

Part of me feels like this is our biggest "make a statement" game since Week 16 in 2008 against Pit that clinched us the AFC #1 seed at home. Part of me doesn't want to put so much stock into week 1, as I genuinely think that, if we are going to have a successful year, we will hit our stride starting in about a month.

but the raiders are getting a ton of hype. We are, too, but not as much as them. To light up the scoreboard and come out with a W at home can really, really REALLY set the tone.

8 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

why? i'd go with exactly the opposite. crabtree is more physical and a bit bigger. cooper's the one who can fly.

Amari Cooper looks almost as big as Crab now lol he put on a good amount of muscle this offseason. But Yeah id agree that Adoree on Cooper is the better matchup for the Titans. 

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Amari Cooper looks almost as big as Crab now lol he put on a good amount of muscle this offseason. But Yeah id agree that Adoree on Cooper is the better matchup for the Titans. 

Kendall Wright tore him apart not Crabtree is a slouch but I'd feel better about Adoree on Crabtree than I do on Cooper

I doubt we have corners following receivers around the field anyways. Logan Ryan isn't good enough that we're going to be using him to shadow receivers. Byard is going to have to have a hell of a game. God I wish we had gotten a competent coverage safety. Using Byard in the slot or covering Cook with another safety over the top would have me feeling a whole lot better.

4 hours ago, -Hope- said:

why? i'd go with exactly the opposite. crabtree is more physical and a bit bigger. cooper's the one who can fly.

This. I'd stick Ryan on an island with Crabtree all day, and double Cooper every play with Jackson and Byard... Or whoever, but 2 guys on him on all plays.

When have we ever moved our CBs around with the WRs? Not that I can remember. It's why I thought musiccitymiracles was stupid for saying Sims shouldn't start even if healthy. Ryan will play on the defenses left and Jackson will start on the right.

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

When have we ever moved our CBs around with the WRs? Not that I can remember. It's why I thought musiccitymiracles was stupid for saying Sims shouldn't start even if healthy. Ryan will play on the defenses left and Jackson will start on the right.

Certain teams the Titans should do that I know they won't but they should when your facing Cooper AJ Green Antonio Brown TY Hilton play the matchups. I don't want Ryan on AB but if Jackson is starting to put things together I'd like to see Jackson on him.  Granted it's way to early to worry about Nov but I believe with this group if the Titans wanted to they could match up certain players on opposing WRs

This game will be a very good one. No doubt our O is elite and our D is bad. If the Raiders passing game gets going early and gives us a lead, I like our chances. But if our D gives up big plays right off the bat and puts us behind, you guys have the RBs to keep time of possession in your favor.

Ultimately I feel like the Titans pull out the W.

Archived