Week 1 GDT: Raiders (0-0) at Titans (0-0)

Titans fan 617

2 hours ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

I just realized how crazy similar these two teams are, good luck fellas! I'll be rooting for you guys the rest of the season, gotta love Mariota

What's funny is I generally root for the Raiders when we're not playing them. I have since the Khalil Mack/Derek Carr draft that could get up going down as the best first/second round pick combo of all time.

We are very similar. Your O is a step ahead of ours and our D is a step ahead of yours. Comes down to who makes more mistakes and who makes more plays.

I can't wait to get the season started. I think the Raiders game will be win for us. Titans seem to do well game one at home. The Raiders will probably try to stack the box against us and focus on Walker. Our new receivers still have to prove themselves. Johnnu Smith might have a big game.  Start out with a few throws over the top, then switch to ground and pound.

The guys from CBS sports are unanimous..

s3dgs1.jpg

Sebastian Janikowski was just IR'd and they signed a kicker I never heard of.

I was already interested in the Special Teams aspect of this game let's see if it plays out tomorrow.

For those who don't remember the Titans signed 2 of the best Special Teamers the Raiders had in Trawick and Bates and the Raiders were one of the best Special Teams in the league last year. Now Jankiowksi is injured let's hope the Titans can make something happen on Special Teams tomorrow could play a big role in the game 

11 hours ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

I just realized how crazy similar these two teams are, good luck fellas! I'll be rooting for you guys the rest of the season, gotta love Mariota

I've actually said for a couple years now that I've thought of us as just being a year behind you guys. It's been my go-to comparison throughout the rebuild process. Obviously I desperately want the win, but I'm really hoping both teams come out healthy.  I'll be rooting for you guys to take the West this year.

11 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Sebastian Janikowski was just IR'd and they signed a kicker I never heard of.

I was already interested in the Special Teams aspect of this game let's see if it plays out tomorrow.

For those who don't remember the Titans signed 2 of the best Special Teamers the Raiders had in Trawick and Bates and the Raiders were one of the best Special Teams in the league last year. Now Jankiowksi is injured let's hope the Titans can make something happen on Special Teams tomorrow could play a big role in the game 

Oakland signed Cordelle Patterson- one of if not the best return man in the NFL.. Trawick and Bates aren't even on the same level as Patterson-

You must not watch a lot of college football if you've never heard of Tavecchio- he kicked at Cal- Raiders claimed him off of waivers from the Lions like 3 years ago- they been keeping him around as an insurance policy- He's kicked for the Niners and Packers- good solid kicker-

Raiders are gonna come out fast and get up some points and try and get the Titans away from their run game- Could see the Raiders go no huddle and send  5 guys out on routes

2 hours ago, marshallplan said:

Oakland signed Cordelle Patterson- one of if not the best return man in the NFL.. Trawick and Bates aren't even on the same level as Patterson-

You must not watch a lot of college football if you've never heard of Tavecchio- he kicked at Cal- Raiders claimed him off of waivers from the Lions like 3 years ago- they been keeping him around as an insurance policy- He's kicked for the Niners and Packers- good solid kicker-

Raiders are gonna come out fast and get up some points and try and get the Titans away from their run game- Could see the Raiders go no huddle and send  5 guys out on routes

Trawick and Bates cover kicks so it's not really a fair comparison to Patterson. 

And no I don't watch a lot of college football. I try I really do yesterday for example every game I turned on just about was a blowout and there's not really a college team up here in Boston to be attached too we are a pro sports town

I don't think the Titans ever get away from the run game even down by 2 scores the Titans don't abandon the run 

I'll miss most of the first half but hopefully we start the game off strong. Last year, we started off slow and was playing catch up for most of the game.

Also, I'm actually excited that Adoree is (most likely) starting today. He'll have his struggles today (not like Sims wouldn't have either) but I believe it'll serve him well in the long run.

Archived