Week 1 GDT: Raiders (0-0) at Titans (0-0)

Titans fan 617

8 minutes ago, TitanTuff said:

I think many of us are holding our breath.

I'm not confident because for some reason we come up short against this team in particular the refs helped them out 2 years ago. Even though we blame the refs for last year Mularkey said he' was going for 2 and the Titans are awful I don't think we converted a 2pt er all year last year so I'm pretty sure Robiskies play call would of been awful and we would of lost 

4 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

You should run it a lot. I don't think our D will be able to do much. Our front 7 is Mack, Irvin and a bunch of inexperienced players. we're starting 2 rookies at DT (Eddie Vanderdoes) and MLB (Marquel Lee). If you kill the clock and keep our offense off the field, you have a very good shot to get the W.

OakDB what's your feeling on the game are you nervous about your and feel it could cost yous or are you confident that the O tears the Titans defense up? Are you like most Titan fans and just don't know which way the game shakes out? Also what's the Raiders perspective on Lynch mr Skittles? Any worry about a guy who took a year off and seems more into joking around than getting into better shape? I personally think he has a bad year he may beat us up because we are the Titans or could be contained but scores a late short yardage TD to seal the win but I truely don't feel confident in his season. I'm not a Raiders hater just so you understand where im coming from I know there's a rivalry between the Titans that goes years back but I look at it like this I hate the Pats (and I live in Boston born and raised) and I can't stand Pittsburgh I'm tired of them having fun all regular season long to see them get blown out by NE every time they matchup so I'm ready for someone to step up and dethrone the Pats obviously I want it to be the Titans but who ever gets to them first (I know you play them in Mexico but I'm talking playoffs) I want someone to start to be that next team in the AFC so if it's not us I hope it's yous but curious to your thoughts on Sunday and your team overall going forward

This is a different team, different expectations... Moral victories are no longer acceptable. 

We need to protect our home... We need to beat good playoff teams. A loss doesn't necessarily derail the season... But a win goes a long way for the team's mentality,  confidence, and identity.

No excuses... Our time is now...

17 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

This is a different team, different expectations... Moral victories are no longer acceptable. 

We need to protect our home... We need to beat good playoff teams. A loss doesn't necessarily derail the season... But a win goes a long way for the team's mentality,  confidence, and identity.

No excuses... Our time is now...

Well said Rage

The bigger overall picture too is if we expect to be in the playoffs it could go a long way from playing WC weekend and taking that weekend off 

Just thinking about last year's matchup and how our top receiving targets were Matthews/Sharpe/Johnson/Douglas/Amaro compared to Matthews/Davis/Decker/Taylor/Walker. 

Just going off the one preseason game I saw of the Raiders(against the Rams) their defense is very vulnerble. Hopefully we take advantage of it with long, methodical drives that end in TDs. I'm sure they have the same mentality regarding their O against our D.

Hate to sound cliche but I think it's going to come down to the turnover battle. Last year we lost it 3-1.

And for the love of God, please no unnecessary gadget plays.

50 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Peter King just lumped both Oakland and Tennessee in with New England and Pittsburgh as the 4 best teams in the NFL.

I think none of us will believe we are good, until we are good. lol If that makes sense.

If I was looking from the outside in, I'd be pretty high on the Titans.

Pro-Bowl tackles
Rising Superstar-ish QB.
Pro-Bowl RB
Pro-Bowl TE
High WR Draft pick
High-ish Profile WR FA
Matthews almost an 1,000 yard WR.

Pro-Bowl DT/DE- Casey
Pro-Bowl OLB (Orakpo)
Solid D-Line.
Solid LB Core (not great) Solid.
#1 Draft pick at CB
High profile CB FA.
Solid Safeties (with a rising player in Byard)
Solid Punter/Kicker

I mean that is pretty good. lol It's the making at the very least a playoff team.  

But, like I said. Nobody in the this forum will truly believe we are good, until we have no choice but believe it.

Archived