Week 1 GDT: Raiders (0-0) at Titans (0-0)

Titans fan 617

54 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

For any Raiders fan still checking this thread is the Mack injury a real injury or a Patriot injury where it's probably nothing and they listed him just to list him?

Im sure he plays Sunday but is he actually going to be affected by the injury or is he a full go and shouldn't have any problems?

Our lead beat writer was asked if we have to worry about Mack's availability this weekend, and his response was "Nah."

3 players on the Raiders side in interested in seeing and maybe the Titans could an advantage on some of them is Marshawn Lynch because he sat out all last year and barely played in the preseason so I'm interested to see what kind of football shape is he really in.

Another player is Penn the LT who will be seeing a lot of Orakpo Sunday. He held out all camp so here's another guy who we need to see prove he's in football shape. If he's not in shape and looks bad that's the player the Titans need to attack to create pressure and that could be what gives the Titans D a chance 

The last player im looking at and granted he doesn't play often but could impact the game is Janikowski. I don't expect his contract thing to be a big deal but kickers are sometimes in their own heads and usually like everything to be perfect. I don't think he'll have a problem but if he does miss a kick I'm interested to see if it becomes a problem 

Im nervous for this game. Im high on the titans, like how theyve built lately. 

Itll be a shoot out, last years game was close. 

Im hoping that Carr having a year on Mariota helps him start off a bit faster. Our O is also basically the same as last year, you guys have a few new pieces so hopefully you take a quarter or half to get into rhythm. (Is Decker playing?)
Hate a week one game having so many late playoff implications, I have Hou and KC winning our divisions, so we will be fighting for WC spots IMO.

31-27 Raiders is my call, but could easily see it being flipped. 

I keep going crazy thinking about this game there so many different things to this game that could help decide this thing. 

Another aspect of this game that could rear its head is Special Teams. If the Titans could ever use and Adoree Jackson return this would be the game . I know the Raiders have Patterson but something that is a little under played is Trawick and Bates were the 2 best cover guys on the Raiders last year and now they are Titans I wonder if the Titans are able to contain Patterson with the help of them and wonder if Jackson can take advantage of them not being on Oakland anymore. 

Both punters are really good though so it is something to watch out for this Sunday 

Cameron Wolfe ESPN 

LeShaun Sims ruled OUT Sunday vs. Raiders. He hasn't practiced all week. More reps for Adoree' Jackson and Brice McCain at CB.

Cameron Wolfe ESPN 

Mike Mularkey on Corey Davis: "I feel good about Corey... I don't think you'll see him 75 plays." Good week of practice for Davis, he'll likely be used in limited situations.

Well I think it is going to be a heck of a game this Sunday. Adoree Jackson who I assume is going to start in place of Sims is going to have a heck of a test to start off his NFL career. I would rather Jackson start outside than McCain personally but we shall see. I will be watching that closely. I think Ryan, Jackson, Byard, Cyprien and Searcy are going to have their hands full in this one. Want to see how they hold up.

I want to see us stop the run and get some pressure on Carr. Lynch is back and want to see how he holds up. I am looking to my two Adopt a Titans Sylvester Williams and Johnathan Cyprien to slow and stop their run game.The Raiders have a strong offensive line so it is a good test for us right from the get go.

On offense, we need to score early and often if we want to beat the Raiders as they are going to put up points. I hope Mariota runs for two TDs and throws three TDs to Walker as I own both in my fantasy league lol. Seriously though I don't care how it happens I just want to see a solid Titans win.

One thing that can be said about the Titans the past few years, is season openers the Titans have managed to win and win convincingly at times. I sure hope the trend continues but this time the rest of the season isn't a dumpster fire.

I cannot wait to see what this year's edition of the Tennessee Titans are made of. Raiders are a great litmus test right out of the gate.

18 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

sims is out oooof

we are guaranteed getting burned by amari cooper all day

I'm going to hope that we can get a pass rush. Even without Sims, the secondary is still better than last year and we weren't exactly torched by them in that meeting.

Archived