Hypothetical : Jones vs. Haskins

Gmen

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Naw she told you that she just wanted to see how you’d react because of how you would have reacted. She really wanted to have lunch with him but chose to respect you to your knowledge. Who knows if she still went another time.

She did. 😉

jk @Gmen

• Like 1

So back on topic, what does Jones do well enough that would get him on the field at Ohio State?  From watching him he's not very accurate and he doesn't process quickly, as a huge portion of his success took place on pre-determined throws to receivers who were schemed open.  But being able to do that doesn't really make you a good quarterback.  I can get the idea that "do not upset Eli Manning" is job #1 for the Giants front office for some reason, and by that standard he was the only acceptable quarterback.  But I don't see anything in particular he does well besides "throwing mechanics are good, can receive coaching".

13 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Naw she told you that she just wanted to see how you’d react because of how you would have reacted. And you’ve probably shown her some of that possessive side of you in the last sixth months that she just doesn’t want to even elicit with a wrong answer. She really wanted to have lunch with him but chose to respect you to your knowledge. Who knows if she still went another time.

That's garbage, dude. You know nothing about this guy's relationship and you're way out of line with your feeling the need to suggest she has an unfaithful nature. 

Then your grabbing the word "possessive" and turning him into some kind of control freak who his gf is afraid to be honest around and will eventually go behind his back with her ex. Seriously a garbage post.

Edited by NudeTayne
Had to be said. No disrespecting people like that in here.
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I think Jones will be successful. He has the tools to be a solid QB in this league. I think having Eli to guide the way will pay dividends.

Shurmur as well. He was at least partly responsible for Foles's fantastic regular season a few years ago with the Eagles, and without Shurmur, Case Keenum has been hot garbage.

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

So back on topic, what does Jones do well enough that would get him on the field at Ohio State?  From watching him he's not very accurate and he doesn't process quickly, as a huge portion of his success took place on pre-determined throws to receivers who were schemed open.  But being able to do that doesn't really make you a good quarterback.  I can get the idea that "do not upset Eli Manning" is job #1 for the Giants front office for some reason, and by that standard he was the only acceptable quarterback.  But I don't see anything in particular he does well besides "throwing mechanics are good, can receive coaching".

You need to read scouting reports and watch again, because you're missing a number of things he does well.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

That's garbage, dude. You know nothing about this guy's relationship and you're way out of line with your feeling the need to suggest she has an unfaithful nature. 

Then your grabbing the word "possessive" and turning him into some kind of control freak who his gf is afraid to be honest around and will eventually go behind his back with her ex. Seriously a garbage post.

You’re absolutely right. I was trying to be funny but it was in poor taste 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Counselor said:

You’re absolutely right. I was trying to be funny but it was in poor taste 

Only a true mod could choose to not start a flame war in return to being called out on a misstep. 

Big time

giphy.gif

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Why are we comparing just these two? I feel Drew Lock, Ryan Finley, and Will Grier are all better than Daniel Jones as a prospect. 

While arm strength isn't the top criteria for a QB, if Ryan Finley had Drew Lock's arm strength, he would have been in contention for the first QB drafted with Kyler.  Too bad Finley's arm strength is about equal to me...

1 minute ago, TheVillain112 said:

While arm strength isn't the top criteria for a QB, if Ryan Finley had Drew Lock's arm strength, he would have been in contention for the first QB drafted with Kyler.  Too bad Finley's arm strength is about equal to me...

Lol Finleys arm strength is not equal to you, dude still has tons of velocity. I’m assuming you watched the 18 year old kid on Strong Opinion Sports Channel who has no utter clue what he’s talking about? But being a nice guy gets you viewers. 

As Chris Simms said, Finley might not have a 100mph fastball but he throws a 96. His arm is extremely underrated. 

Just watch, if Finley ever gets a chance he’s gonna be a Top 10 QB. That dudes intelligence, accuracy, touch, and pocket poise is already better than 80% of NFL QBs. Daniel Jones has absolutely nothing on Ryan Finley. Nothing. Beats him in zero categories. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Lol Finleys arm strength is not equal to you, dude still has tons of velocity. I’m assuming you watched the 18 year old kid on Strong Opinion Sports Channel who has no utter clue what he’s talking about? But being a nice guy gets you viewers. 

As Chris Simms said, Finley might not have a 100mph fastball but he throws a 96. His arm is extremely underrated. 

Just watch, if Finley ever gets a chance he’s gonna be a Top 10 QB. That dudes intelligence, accuracy, touch, and pocket poise is already better than 80% of NFL QBs. Daniel Jones has absolutely nothing on Ryan Finley. Nothing. Beats him in zero categories. 

Athleticism?