Prospect X/Drew Forbes/Job Stealer of Desmond Harrison

mistakey

32 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

Randall and Kirksey are definitely expendable.  You want to bring them back, but you aren't paying top money for those positions unless they are the top players, and you have holes everywhere else.  

And you are not going to give up offensive linemen that are playing near the top of their positions.  9 mill seems like a lot, but its not when they are protecting your 100+ mill QB.  

The salary cap is going to keep going up.  Guards 25-15 make 5-9 mill a year right now.  That will likely go up next year.  If Bitonio continues to play at a high level they are not going to foolishly trade him.  Can they trade him?  Sure.  But they won't unless the compensation is right, and they have someone behind him they know is going to be plug and play.  

I do not believe this front office is inept as previous where they let top 15 players at their position walk(Ala Scwhartz and Mack).   Again his salary is not exorbitant currently.  I think we will continue looking for a new LT in the draft.  If we end up finding a top LT in FA, my stance will likely change. 

The Browns had roughly $35 million tied up in the offensive  line in 2018.  The Cowboys who have arguably one of the top 3 in league spent almost $45 million.  Until we add a long term LT I don't see Bitonio in an jeopardy of going anywhere.  

I'm not saying BItonio is in Jeopardy this year, maybe not even next, but here is a VERY large part of the equation that you aren't taking into account.

Bitonio was drafted by Ray Farmer and was re-signed by Sashi Brown.  I know its ridiculous to assume less value to John Dorsey, but he did not draft him, he did not develop the contract.  I wouldn't be surprised if Joel Bitonio gets traded for no other reason than he is not Dorseys guy....

That being said I'm not advocating for him to leave, I'm just saying Guard is not a position that is difficult to replace and is a place we can save a good amount of money...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I'm not saying BItonio is in Jeopardy this year, maybe not even next, but here is a VERY large part of the equation that you aren't taking into account.

Bitonio was drafted by Ray Farmer and was re-signed by Sashi Brown.  I know its ridiculous to assume less value to John Dorsey, but he did not draft him, he did not develop the contract.  I wouldn't be surprised if Joel Bitonio gets traded for no other reason than he is not Dorseys guy....

That being said I'm not advocating for him to leave, I'm just saying Guard is not a position that is difficult to replace and is a place we can save a good amount of money...

Bitonio isn’t going anywhere. Pinestayne has it from a good source.

• Like 2

On 4/30/2019 at 1:09 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Guys...Drew Forbes looks legit as hell. I know he's playing against scrubs, but he's an excellent athlete with excellent balance and pacing to his blocking (underrated attribute). Plus my favorite thing about him is that he's mean. He wants to drive block guys into the dirt and make you feel pain. I'm calling it now: He becomes a long-term starter for us at OG.

LT: Desmond Harrison
LG: Joel Bitonio
C: Austin Corbett
RG: Drew Forbes
RT: Greg Robinson

That's the future of our OL methinks.

obama-meme.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 1:29 PM, MWil23 said:

Let's go back and see here:

What I SAID was that I'd like to see if he can swing inside to OG (I would love to see it=I wonder if it's possible). That's about the only shot he has to be a LONG TERM NFL guy (long term, as in not just for the next year or two as a roster guy at OT because of our lack of depth and cap situation). That's actually what I said. I even said "IMO"

Piggy backing off of "IMO", referring to him being 26 years old, and that almost always 26 year old are done growing and their testosterone has peaked, as well as their frame being filled out.

See above.

tenor.gif?itemid=10574215

:D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Bitonio isn’t going anywhere. Pinestayne has it from a good source.

This was always the true intended purpose when the invisiblol was forged in the firey depths.

Edited by NudeTayne
One get-out-of-bosko free for not revealing your source--cleared compensation with @Webby.

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Hubbard was 50th best tackle in the nfl last year. 

He is making low teir starter money. If he has a good year he is tradable at least. 

Doesnt make sense to cut him unt 

Il 2020 or 2021 cap wise. 

No I didn’t mean this year, he’ll be here this year, I meant moving foward.

37 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No I didn’t mean this year, he’ll be here this year, I meant moving foward.

I qasnt really directing it at you, more just yelling into the ether.

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 1