Ranking the (B)East - QB

Texas_OutLaw7

Best NFC East QB  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the BEST QB in the NFC East?

• Carson Wentz, Eagles
    • Dak Prescott, Cowboys
    • Eli Manning, Giants
    • Alex Smith, Redskins
    • Dwayne Haskins, Redskins
    • Daniel Jones, Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/2019 at 07:14 PM

Who is the best QB in the NFC East?

Most points will be the starter - second most will be the Back-Up. (Hopefully there are no ties, but in the event I feel - or enough posters would like an amendment or a run-off we will decide how to proceed then.

Please refer to the master-thread here:

Cowboys: @DaBoys / @Nextyearfordaboyz / @The_Slamman / @Matts4313 / @canadaluvsdallas

Eagles: @Jroc04 / @Nabbs4u / @TheRealMcCoy / @Kiltman / @ninjapirate

Redskins: @MKnight82 / @Slappy Mc / @Woz / @Thaiphoon / @turtle28

Giants: @Acgott / @Shockey1979 / @GMENNATION / @Giants4eva / @Kodaraw

Edited by Texas_OutLaw7

1 minute ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I went with Wentz, and Dak is a close second for me. When healthy, Wentz can do some pretty special things

I also went with Wentz. Although, it stuck me how poorly the NFC East at how poorly the state of QBs is in the East. No top 10 QBs.

• Like 1

So Alex Smith's career is pretty much over, and Eli's might as well be.  I'm not going to vote for either rookie who hasn't stepped on the field yet.  That leaves Wentz and Dak, and honestly I'm not a believer in Dak.  So I voted Wentz, who I think is pretty good but probably not as good as a lot of Eagles fans think he is.  

• Like 2

I have to give the nod to Wentz. I put my vote in for him. I know last year was his first full year back from the injury but i think with all the tools around him and what will be an upgraded oline this season, sky's the limit again for him. Had he not gotten injured 2 yrs ago, he was MVP of the league. 

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I also went with Wentz. Although, it stuck me how poorly the NFC East at how poorly the state of QBs is in the East. No top 10 QBs.

Assuming Wentz is healthy, he 100% is top 10. How far into the top 10, not too far unless he can return to 2017 form.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

So Alex Smith's career is pretty much over, and Eli's might as well be.  I'm not going to vote for either rookie who hasn't stepped on the field yet.  That leaves Wentz and Dak, and honestly I'm not a believer in Dak.  So I voted Wentz, who I think is pretty good but probably not as good as a lot of Eagles fans think he is.  

100% agree

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

Agree with pretty much everyone here. Wentz followed by Dak.

Only two worth considering really

The argument is talent and who would be the best next year, I think it's Wentz by a landslide.
Obviously you add the what-ifs of injury that muddles it up some.

But Wentz really didn't fall that much this year statistically compared to 2017, and that's coming off the late acl and now confirmed early back injury.
A full offseason to be healthy, him and the team around him, work with his wideouts...he could very well be in for a season better than two years ago. 

This is a tough one.  Wentz did some special things in 2017... demonstrating a higher ceiling than Dak.  However, if you take the 3 years as a whole, Dak has a pretty clear advanatage... demonstrating a higher floor.  Really tough call.  I would go with Wentz based on overall potential.  But, I would bet that Dak probably outplays Wentz again in 2019.

Went with Dak. You can say that's a homer vote, but Wentz just hasn't had some freak accidents happen to him. He is geniunly injury prone, and while I don't think Dak can take over games like Wentz I still think can. Dak for all his faults won't lose you games, he does play it safe and every once in a while can lead that game winning drive where he takes over. The playoffs is where you want your QB the most and I have yet to see Wentz make it that far. Dak is the safer bet.

When considering the sort of performances they'll have you also have to consider all the weapons at their disposal. Eagles have so many right now it's kind of mind boggling.

WR: Alshon, DeSean, Nelly, JJAW (while still a rookie he should contribute)
TE: Ertz, Goedert, Richard Rodgers
RB: Jordan Howard, Miles Sanders, Corey Clement

That's probably the best all around supporting cast I've seen on an Eagles team in my 18 or so years watching them.