Ranking the (B)East - QB

Texas_OutLaw7

Best NFC East QB  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the BEST QB in the NFC East?

• Carson Wentz, Eagles
    • Dak Prescott, Cowboys
    • Eli Manning, Giants
    • Alex Smith, Redskins
    • Dwayne Haskins, Redskins
    • Daniel Jones, Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/2019 at 07:14 PM

1 minute ago, Danger said:

When considering the sort of performances they'll have you also have to consider all the weapons at their disposal. Eagles have so many right now it's kind of mind boggling.

WR: Alshon, DeSean, Nelly, JJAW (while still a rookie he should contribute)
TE: Ertz, Goedert, Richard Rodgers
RB: Jordan Howard, Miles Sanders, Corey Clement

That's probably the best all around supporting cast I've seen on an Eagles team in my 18 or so years watching them.

Don't forget Dillard you spoiled Eagle B-tard. :P

Yes too much talent. I was so pissed they took Dillard. But off-topic probably the worst pick of all was Sweat being drafted by the Redskins. Thank God Dak is mobile and still has pro bowlers on that line.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Don't forget Dillard you spoiled Eagle B-tard. :P

Yes too much talent. I was so pissed they took Dillard. But off-topic probably the worst pick of all was Sweat being drafted by the Redskins. Thank God Dak is mobile and still has pro bowlers on that line.

Dillard isn't so much a weapon, and he's not going to be a big impact player year 1. He's taking the rookie QB role this time around and mostly going to sit behind Peters for a year and then come in next season taking over.

I thought Sweat was a great acquisition by them.

Edited by Danger

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Dillard isn't so much a weapon, and he's not going to be a big impact player year 1. He's taking the rookie QB role this time around and mostly going to sit behind Peters for a year and then come in next season taking over.

I thought Sweat was a great acquisition by them.

No but he is a shield, and I think they are going to use him quite a bit this year.

8 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Went with Dak. You can say that's a homer vote, but Wentz just hasn't had some freak accidents happen to him. He is geniunly injury prone, and while I don't think Dak can take over games like Wentz I still think can. Dak for all his faults won't lose you games, he does play it safe and every once in a while can lead that game winning drive where he takes over. The playoffs is where you want your QB the most and I have yet to see Wentz make it that far. Dak is the safer bet.

really depends what the ranking/argument is then.

Cause yeah you can give Dak a big star for "availability being the best ability"
But Wentz is probably better at everything else, like reading a Defense.

Dak doesn't cost games but he also doesn't really will the team to victory much either.

Really depends what the ranking is.

If it's a healthy Wentz vs a healthy Dak in their ideal scenarios for this upcoming season, then it has to be Wentz in my opinion.
He alone can do more, and then if you want to factor in the supporting cast, he has waay more to work with.

Just now, Kiltman said:

really depends what the ranking/argument is then.

Cause yeah you can give Dak a big star for "availability being the best ability"
But Wentz is probably better at everything else, like reading a Defense.

Dak doesn't cost games but he also doesn't really will the team to victory much either.

Really depends what the ranking is.

If it's a healthy Wentz vs a healthy Dak in their ideal scenarios for this upcoming season, then it has to be Wentz in my opinion.
He alone can do more, and then if you want to factor in the supporting cast, he has waay more to work with.

Yea but with injury, availability becomes everything. Sure Wentz does few more things better then Dak does. But you are assuming he is going to be available for those games you talk about. Durability matters a great deal down the stretch of the season. So are we even sure the Eagles make the playoffs if they don't have Nick Foles? Availability becomes a X factor. And to me that just nudges out Wentz for the top position.

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea but with injury, availability becomes everything. Sure Wentz does few more things better then Dak does. But you are assuming he is going to be available for those games you talk about. Durability matters a great deal down the stretch of the season. So are we even sure the Eagles make the playoffs if they don't have Nick Foles? Availability becomes a X factor. And to me that just nudges out Wentz for the top position.

Like I said, depends the argument, but if asked

Who is the BEST QB in the NFC East?

I feel like that means who has the most talent
Like if you had a team of middling talent, where the QB was the only good player. Who would do more for that team? Who can do more?
That has to be Wentz I'd say.

You certainly can make the argument murky, with injuries, talent around them. Like if you take Zeke away from Dak..how does he fair..not great.
When things are going right that offense can do a lot, when teams stop Zeke, and they get down. I don't see Dak really being able to shoulder that load.
If this is a who's the best qb in the East this season, then that stuff can be brought up

But who is the best, most talented, I'd say the guy who can make any throw, read a full field, extend the play, and athletic enough to rush whenever he wants to.

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Though I see now that @Texas_OutLaw7 clarified in the other thread @Calvert28

I think if we are talking about who will be best in 2019, then yes it's a valid point about Wentz injuries.
But even if say Wentz gets hurt again week 15, does that disqualify him from being best because Dak plays two more games and gets outed first round?

If he misses the playoffs again and Dak goes on then it has to be accounted for in a big way.

Since the QB's themselves are the most important position in football their appearance is vital. Now say if Wentz is injuried again Wk 15 does great before and Dak goes a typical JG 8-8 again then you can definitely argue Wentz value over Dak (depending on circumstances) pretty easily. But not being around for the playoffs multiple times especially when your team is built to win the SB plays a huge factor in who the better player is. But that's just my criteria.

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Though I see now that @Texas_OutLaw7 clarified in the other thread @Calvert28

I think if we are talking about who will be best in 2019, then yes it's a valid point about Wentz injuries.
But even if say Wentz gets hurt again week 15, does that disqualify him from being best because Dak plays two more games and gets outed first round?

Get it right. We win the Wild Card only to get knocked out in the Divisional Round.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

If he misses the playoffs again and Dak goes on then it has to be accounted for in a big way.

Since the QB's themselves are the most important position in football their appearance is vital. Now say if Wentz is injuried again Wk 15 does great before and Dak goes a typical JG 8-8 again then you can definitely argue Wentz value over Dak (depending on circumstances) pretty easily. But not being around for the playoffs multiple times especially when your team is built to win the SB plays a huge factor in who the better player is. But that's just my criteria.

I getcha...it's just tough to really unmarry some of this stuff.

It's like if Carson plays 14 games, and Dak plays 17, statswise they will be closer, but given how the Eagles channel everything through Carson he will be a much bigger reason for their success and have better games on average.

Given Carson's injuries have been kind of freak things and none of them are chronic issues that get hurt every year. It makes sense to be wary, but it's not a given he gets hurt.

Looking at their weapons...

Zeke

Ertz

Cooper
Alshon
Goedert

Desean

Agholor

Cobb

Sanders (rookie)
Gallup
Howard

JJ (rookie)
Witten
Clement
Hurns

Rodgers
Other Cowboys TEs
Tavon
Hollins

Cowboys have the best in zeke, but Eagles trend much higher. Their Olines are a push with being some of the best in the league. And Doug and Co are vastly superior to scheming an offense than JG's simple playcalling. So statistically Carson should be poised for a great year there, with a passing attack that can do whatever they want.
There is a decent chance even at a 3 game discrepancy, Wentz finishes with 1000 yards and 6 touchdowns more than Dak.

Really the only argument for Dak is if Carson gets hurt, so I think you agree if that doesn't happen it's him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Only two worth considering really

The argument is talent and who would be the best next year, I think it's Wentz by a landslide.
Obviously you add the what-ifs of injury that muddles it up some.

But Wentz really didn't fall that much this year statistically compared to 2017, and that's coming off the late acl and now confirmed early back injury.
A full offseason to be healthy, him and the team around him, work with his wideouts...he could very well be in for a season better than two years ago. 

Wentz played 10ngames last year.

Dak played 10 games with a legit wr.

Their stats are almost exactly the same.

While Wentz has shown that he is a better pure passer then Dak

one thing that strikes me is that when Wentz had his “best” year a also ran Qb was able to step in and do just as good job and even win the super bowl with his team.   This tells me the that while yes Wentz did awesome his teammates also were playing awesome around him