Ranking the (B)East - QB

Texas_OutLaw7

Best NFC East QB  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the BEST QB in the NFC East?

• Carson Wentz, Eagles
    • Dak Prescott, Cowboys
    • Eli Manning, Giants
    • Alex Smith, Redskins
    • Dwayne Haskins, Redskins
    • Daniel Jones, Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/2019 at 07:14 PM

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Hasn't Dallas spent like 17 first round picks on Oline lately?  

1 missed all last season.

1 has been injured for 3 years.

1 has played at an all pro level. 

Weve also had 3 OL coaches in 2 years and played scrubs like Chaz green. 

Edited by Matts4313

11 hours ago, Matts4313 said:
12 hours ago, Danger said:

Wentz:
GP% 78.1%
Win% 66.7%
Comp% 64.7%
Tot Y/G 281.8
TD/G 2.3
INT+FUM/G 1.3 (Note this is total Fumbles not Fumbles lost which are actual turnovers)
ANY/A 7.16

I wanted to compromise. So I removed Dak's rookie season. I also removed the games I referred to (bottom 5 OL and offensive weapons). What we are left with is the start of '17 (before Smith/Elliott) and the end of '18 (after Cooper). Here are Dak's stats for those games:

GP% 100%
Win%  75% =>12 - 4 record
Comp% 68%
Tot Y/G 269 ypg
TD/G 2.25
INT+FUM/G .81 (Note this is total Fumbles not Fumbles lost which are actual turnovers)
AY/A 8.16

Still pretty good, no?

@Jroc04

You made the comment about Daks rookie season. This might be of interest to you. This does not include his rookie year. It also excludes the 16 game stretch where he was surrounded by a bottom 5 OL and WR core. 

13 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Honestly, this was fun seeing all the talks. Keep it going - and also join in the talks for RB over at the eagles forum here:

That topic isn't even up for debate. Its Zeke and Barkley and everyone else

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

@Jroc04

You made the comment about Daks rookie season. This might be of interest to you. This does not include his rookie year. It also excludes the 16 game stretch where he was surrounded by a bottom 5 OL and WR core. 

I wasn’t disputing any comment or data or stat line. Just the fact that anyone can skew stats to fit their narrative if you try hard enough. I just used your Dak’s rookie year point as an example. I’ve heard you use his “averages” to justify a lot of arguments in the whole Dak/Wentz debate because you can conveniently use an outlier year as ammo. It’s just not really fair to use that argument one day and then use a small, recent sample size another day and call it being objective. 

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I wasn’t disputing any comment or data or stat line. Just the fact that anyone can skew stats to fit their narrative if you try hard enough. I just used your Dak’s rookie year point as an example. I’ve heard you use his “averages” to justify a lot of arguments in the whole Dak/Wentz debate because you can conveniently use an outlier year as ammo. It’s just not really fair to use that argument one day and then use a small, recent sample size another day and call it being objective. 

Dak has a 32 game sample size that can rival literally any QB in the NFL outside the the big 3. He has a 16 game stretch from Falcons 17 - Titans 18 that was, objectively, awful. Christian Ponder levels of terrible. It coincides with him losing all his good passing targets and his OL going to complete crap. 

So its easy to make the argument that "Dak Regressed" if you ignore surrounding talent. 

Its also easy to make the argument that no QB in the NFL would succeed with a bottom 5 pass blocking OL and WR group. 

Time will tell which is correct. 

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Dak is one of those players that is solid when he's on a rookie contract but will be a complete disaster once he's playing on an expensive contract.  I expect the fans to turn on him at that point too.  Can't wait.  

Dak has a 32 game sample size that is in the top 5-10 QBs in the entire NFL. So your point is kind of ridiculous. 

You, being a rival, are putting an enormous emphasis on the 16 games that the entire offense was complete dog poop. Our WR's were rated dead last in the entire NFL. Our OL was rated #28 in pass blocking. Of course he only looks "solid" when ever you combine all pro and complete dogpoop together. 

If anyone should be worried, it should be the Eagles fans. They have Carson Palmer 2.0. He is about to be the highest paid IR QB in the NFL. 

58 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You, being a rival, are putting an enormous emphasis on the 16 games that the entire offense was complete dog poop. Our WR's were rated dead last in the entire NFL. Our OL was rated #28 in pass blocking. Of course he only looks "solid" when ever you combine all pro and complete dogpoop together. 

If anyone should be worried, it should be the Eagles fans. They have Carson Palmer 2.0. He is about to be the highest paid IR QB in the NFL. 

I think it goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway) that we Washington fans hope for both of these outcomes (I suspect the Giants' fans would approve as well).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Dak is one of those players that is solid when he's on a rookie contract but will be a complete disaster once he's playing on an expensive contract.  I expect the fans to turn on him at that point too.  Can't wait.  

well... he can win SB MVP and there are some on here who will turn on him anyway, so no major surprise there.