Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 18 - TACO BOWL XVIII POSTED!)

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Pretty shocking how many rookies going early. Love having 3 2nds now.

Same... it makes sense though.. these teams need young keepers so I get why..

It bodes well for the competitors though

17 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Pretty shocking how many rookies going early. Love having 3 2nds now.

Josh Allen is the only one that truly surprises me. I get the rest. Bosa was a no-brainer, especially for a team that isn’t going to win a title this season. Murray was probably a bad pick, but I get making sure you have a long term answer that inspires more faith than Josh Allen (the bad one). And Williams is a premiere prospect that should be successful with RMIB’s stacked EDGE.

But Josh Allen, idk man. He’s basically the only draft selection that the Jaguars could have made that wouldn’t have made me mad (ask Flux). But he’s probably going to be playing a lot of package downs and 4-3 LB where he’s not going to get the sacks necessary to make that a good pick at least until Calais moves on. 

29 minutes ago, pwny said:

Josh Allen is the only one that truly surprises me. I get the rest. Bosa was a no-brainer, especially for a team that isn’t going to win a title this season. Murray was probably a bad pick, but I get making sure you have a long term answer that inspires more faith than Josh Allen (the bad one). And Williams is a premiere prospect that should be successful with RMIB’s stacked EDGE.

But Josh Allen, idk man. He’s basically the only draft selection that the Jaguars could have made that wouldn’t have made me mad (ask Flux). But he’s probably going to be playing a lot of package downs and 4-3 LB where he’s not going to get the sacks necessary to make that a good pick at least until Calais moves on. 

See, outside of Bosa, I think Allen was the best of the picks, and the 3rd best pick of the 6 so far

Put it this way, which of the rookies are most likely to have a spectacular statline and be considered "elite" and have majorly boosted stats in the upcoming sims?

Murray will have a garbage rookie season based on being crazy overrated and also on the friggin Cardinals.. At best I think it will take 3 NSFL seasons before he can be a starter, maybe even 5. He would be fine as a speculative "draft and hold" prospect.. but I think its crazy to take him with the 2nd pick and hope he is something

Quinnen is less likely IMO to put up sacks or stuffs or get himself rated as an elite NFL tackle. With the exception of one specific, exceptional interior lineman, EDGE rushers are immensely more valuable here

Bosa and Allen both have the ability to put up 10+ sacks and be top end EDGE rushers in NSFL. There's just more value there.

16 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Bosa and Allen both have the ability to put up 10+ sacks and be top end EDGE rushers in NSFL. There's just more value there.

I agree with this if you thought Allen was going to be an every down EDGE for the Jags. But I don’t see any reason you would think looking at the Jaguars roster and their vanilla front that he would be pass rushing any more than in special packages this season and probably another 1-2 after that. He’s probably going to be a SLB with rush responsibilities on like 10-20% of plays this season, maybe a bit more. He very likely drafted Anthony Barr in the first round, without the body of work to be as good as Barr for a few season. 

I think Quinnen is an elite prospect and will have an instant impact in the NFL, which should make him a top 10 DT in sim by S19. As for S18, not sure I'll start him, will depend on draft plays out and/or how he performs, although I imagine he'd be pretty solid in sim from day 1.

@TheKillerNacho You mixed up me and Southview Saints in the draft thread. Every pick you have as the Saints trading into, is actually mine.

19 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Murray will have a garbage rookie season based on being crazy overrated and also on the friggin Cardinals.. At best I think it will take 3 NSFL seasons before he can be a starter, maybe even 5.

I also think this is likely to happen. But the guy has Josh Allen as his QB and has said he doesn’t think any of the vets that are available are good. It made sense, even if I only like his situation. 

1 minute ago, pwny said:

I also think this is likely to happen. But the guy has Josh Allen as his QB and has said he doesn’t think any of the vets that are available are good. It made sense, even if I only like his situation. 

Here is the way I look at it:

Over the past 3 NFL drafts, this is where rookie QBs were drafted

• 2018 draftees, S16
    • Baker Mayfield, round 6
    • Sam Darnold, round 10
    • Josh Rosen, round 12
    • Josh Allen, round 12
    • Lamar Jackson, round 13
  • 2017 draftees, S14
    • Mitch Trubisky, round 12
    • Patrick Mahomes, round 13
    • Deshaun Watson, round 3
  • 2016 draftees, S12
    • Jared Goff, round 9
    • Carson Wentz, round 9
    • Paxton Lynch, round 9

Rookie QBs are valued at a discount because of the time and risk.. A truly elite QB in a great situation should be drafted at a premium.. but I certainly do not think Kyler falls under that category

Kyler falls under the same category as Darnold/Rosen/Allen/Lamar.. "speculative"

I just don't see any of them being players who have current value or "highly likely" value in the next 3 seasons..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Here is the way I look at it:

Over the past 3 NFL drafts, this is where rookie QBs were drafted

• 2018 draftees, S16
    • Baker Mayfield, round 6
    • Sam Darnold, round 10
    • Josh Rosen, round 12
    • Josh Allen, round 12
    • Lamar Jackson, round 13
  • 2017 draftees, S14
    • Mitch Trubisky, round 12
    • Patrick Mahomes, round 13
    • Deshaun Watson, round 3
  • 2016 draftees, S12
    • Jared Goff, round 9
    • Carson Wentz, round 9
    • Paxton Lynch, round 9

Rookie QBs are valued at a discount because of the time and risk.. A truly elite QB in a great situation should be drafted at a premium.. but I certainly do not think Kyler falls under that category

Kyler falls under the same category as Darnold/Rosen/Allen/Lamar.. "speculative"

I just don't see any of them being players who have current value or "highly likely" value in the next 3 seasons..

I can tell you he was going to be taken in the first round with absolute certainty, whether it was remixxxxx or someone else. Having talked to multiple owners when I was trying to trade Stafford, several posters had him as their primary target. Was he a reach? Yes. But what are you going to do when it’s the only chance you have at getting a potential franchise guy? Not take him and let someone else get the next Mahomes or Goff because a first round was too much for you?

Just now, pwny said:

I can tell you he was going to be taken in the first round with absolute certainty, whether it was remixxxxx or someone else. Having talked to multiple owners when I was trying to trade Stafford, several posters had him as their primary target. Was he a reach? Yes. But what are you going to do when it’s the only chance you have at getting a potential franchise guy? Not take him and let someone else get the next Mahomes or Goff because a first round was too much for you?

Interesting.. I didn't realize he was so high on so many lists..

I guess we can agree to disagree.. I'd let someone else take that risk, and grab Jones or Haskins in the 9th, tbh. I think they have equal chances at success as Kyler, at a fraction of the price

10 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Interesting.. I didn't realize he was so high on so many lists..

I guess we can agree to disagree.. I'd let someone else take that risk, and grab Jones or Haskins in the 9th, tbh. I think they have equal chances at success as Kyler, at a fraction of the price

I’d guess our league is overcorrecting because of the success of Mahomes and Mayfield early in their careers.

I’d venture a guess that Haskins is going to go a lot earlier than you think as well. The Giants seem like they’re making this Eli’s last season before handing over things to Jones after this year, and perceptions on him are widely down, so he might still go in the old expected range. But I think for a while, we’re going to see rookie QBs who are scheduled to be starters go a lot earlier than they would have last go around.

• Like 1