Are You Smarter Than an NFL GM? Post-Draft - Make Your Picks Here

y2lamanaki

I'm sure you've seen the related threads for this near the top of the forum, so I won't go too in-depth on what this is. Basically, consider yourself the GM of the 49ers. Whenever they were on the clock, it's time for you to make a pick.

This year, there's only one option - exactly where the 49ers picked. In past years, I allowed members to accept a variety of different packages that included trades, but honestly, only two trades were made this year, both on Day 3, and both are so inviting that it wouldn't make sense for you to turn them down. So it's very simple. Just mark who you would have chosen at each spot and in 3 years we'll take a look and see how it turned out. 

49ers picks: 

In related news, I hope to have the 2016 review out in May. Look for it in the dull spot of this offseason as we all impatiently wait for the end of July (so we can begin impatiently waiting for September). 

• Like 1

Great fun idea, and the results should be interesting,

1.Quinnen Williams

2.Rock Ya-Sin

3. JJ Arcega-Whiteside

4.Julian Love

5. Jalen Hurd (if he had fallen this far).

6.Jaquan Johnson

7.Justin Skule

8. Beau Benzschawel. (went undrafted - Lions picked him up as an FA)

Edited by uk9erfan
  • Like 1

1.2 Nick Bosa DE Ohio St
2.36 Nasir Adderley S Delaware
3.67 Justin Lane CB Michigan St
4.110 Riley Ridley WR UGA
5.148 D'Andre Walker LB UGA
6.176 Lamont Gaillard G/C UGA
6.183 Justin Skule G/T Vanderbuilt
6.196 Isaac Nauta UGA

Yep, UGA homer but all those guys would have helped us too I believe.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Can I just transfer my picks from the live challenge we did? 

Yes. 

I'm debating on whether or not to do a second. One on hand, you get caught up in the heat of the draft, you have your attention diverted to other endeavors, etc, so it's easy to miss things. On the other hand, the shadow draft version is the better version in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Can I just transfer my picks from the live challenge we did? 

No need. I will keep track of both threads. This is really only for those that didn't participate live. Although @Forge did mention wanting to do both, so I'm leaving that option open for anyone who wishes to have two.

1 hour ago, uk9erfan said:

Great fun idea, and the results should be interesting,

1.Quinnen Williams

2.Rock Ya-Sin

3. JJ Arcega-Whiteside

4.Julian Love

5. Jalen Hurd (if he had fallen this far).

6.Jaquan Johnson

7.Justin Skule

This is a rule I should have specified- you can only pick players who were available at that spot. In this draft there are a few who would not have been available (Ya-Sin, Arcega-Whiteside, Hurd, Love). You can keep Arcega-Whiteside at #36 and Hurd or Love at #67. (Theoretically you can keep Ya-Sin at #2, but I don't think that is the way you would want to go).

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

This is a rule I should have specified- you can only pick players who were available at that spot. In this draft there are a few who would not have been available (Ya-Sin, Arcega-Whiteside, Hurd, Love). You can keep Arcega-Whiteside at #36 and Hurd or Love at #67. (Theoretically you can keep Ya-Sin at #2, but I don't think that is the way you would want to go).

Clearly you hate Rock Ya-Sin

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Ah right I did wonder about that. Thanks for pointing that out. Hmm back to the drawing board. 

Just FWIW for posterity sake, my FFMD draft (the game got discombobulated right from the off, which is why I didn't continue the war room thing). 

1. QW (Bosa went #1 overall)

2. Hakeem Butler (massive reach compared to real life)

4. Max Scharping

5. Marquise Blair

6. Preston Williams

6. Jake Bailey

You can make trades during the game, which is where my third round pick ended up going. I gave up our third for JPP + 5th. 

I did a similar thing on the F.F. mock draft site. The rules I set there were simple.

1) Any pick you take must have been available at that pick, or later.
2) No new trades.
3) You can refuse to make any trade your team made on draft day, and use those picks accordingly
4) You can pick the same guy as your team picked, if you wish.

21 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

49ers picks: 

1.2      ------- Nick Bosa --- Edge --- Ohio State
2.36    ------- Chauncey Gardner Johnson --- DB --- Florida 
3.67    ------- Miles Boykin --- WR --- Notre Dame
4.110 -------- Foster Moreau --- TE --- Louisiana State
5.148 -------- D'Andre Walker --- SLB/Edge --- Georgia
6.176 -------- Kelvin Harmon --- WR --- North Carolina State
6.183 -------- Terrill Hanks --- WLB/MLB --- New Mexico State
6.196 -------- Nick Allegretti --- IOL --- Illinois 

On who was available, this is what I'd have done, if making the call at each spot.

• Like 1

Ok, here's the latest try without breaking the rules (hopefully).

1.Quinnen Williams

2.Joejuan Williams

3. Jalen Hurd

4.Riley Ridley

5. Blake Cashman

6.Jaquan Johnson

7.Justin Skule

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aussie9er said:

Not including the ability to take the miami trade like in live version ?

Nope. That's for live players only. Not picking live already has the benefit of hindsight to see what the best possible outcome could have been based on where everyone went (fans of Harmon at #36 could certainly think much differently about their choice now, for example). Allowing additional trades just widens that gap even further.

Usually I give options to accept/decline 49ers trades, but this year the two trades just make sense to take for the purpose of this game. Dekoda Watson is not going to factor into reviews in any way, so why not pick at #148 instead of #212? Then miss out on 8 guys for two extra picks? Simple choice. That's why there's only one post-draft option this year. 

• Like 1