heading to arizona friday

muncher

Gotta hit up "Whiskey Row" in Prescott - not sure what it's become, but 20-30 years ago, well, it's just what it sounds like.

Jerome - old mining town

I was always partial to Payson, AZ, and the Mogollon Rim area, for the scenery.

And if you are going to bother to head out to Winslow, AZ, may as well go a little further and go check out Monument Valley.

Another neat little area north/northeast of Phoenix, about 30 minutes, is Carefree/Cave Creek area... used to be some neat restaurants up that way.

But if you are looking for the party scene, as was mentioned...Tempe... specifically Mill Ave.

12 hours ago, Ward4HOF said:

Gotta hit up "Whiskey Row" in Prescott - not sure what it's become, but 20-30 years ago, well, it's just what it sounds like.

Jerome - old mining town

I was always partial to Payson, AZ, and the Mogollon Rim area, for the scenery.

And if you are going to bother to head out to Winslow, AZ, may as well go a little further and go check out Monument Valley.

Another neat little area north/northeast of Phoenix, about 30 minutes, is Carefree/Cave Creek area... used to be some neat restaurants up that way.

But if you are looking for the party scene, as was mentioned...Tempe... specifically Mill Ave.

Dirk Bentleys Whiskey Row is legit. Im a big cigar guy also and there is a legit cigar shop right next to it. There was a great irish bar around the corner also.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys

just got back

hiked superstition mountains, tortilla flat, canyon lake(cold), sedona was awesome. hiked a few trails and climbed a couple vortexes, jeep tour, red river crossing swimming hole(frigid), grand canyon, couple breweries in flagstaff, hit carefree on the way back down. family needed a pic at the corner of ho and hum, awesome burgers at horny toad bar, had a quick beer at a steelers bar down the road too.

beautiful area

6 minutes ago, muncher said:

thanks guys

just got back

hiked superstition mountains, tortilla flat, canyon lake(cold), sedona was awesome. hiked a few trails and climbed a couple vortexes, jeep tour, red river crossing swimming hole(frigid), grand canyon, couple breweries in flagstaff, hit carefree on the way back down. family needed a pic at the corner of ho and hum, awesome burgers at horny toad bar, had a quick beer at a steelers bar down the road too.

beautiful area

That's it? O.o

On 5/11/2019 at 6:34 PM, Chieferific said:

That's it? O.o

plus family wedding in apache junction, went to topgolf in gilbert, meet my buddies kid for a few beers (who is doing an internship in phoenix), goldfield tourist scam,. oh, and the phoenix zoo

On 5/11/2019 at 6:27 PM, muncher said:

thanks guys

just got back

beautiful area

That's awesome the horny toad is still around. I went there back in the mid-80s, as a teen I know I'm dating myself, haha.

I forgot to mention Slide Rock just north of Sedona in Oak Creek canyon. That area is beautiful as well if you drove north of Sedona at all. Bunch of A-frames along the 'crik'... pretty neat. And those switchbacks on 89a just north of Oak Creek are no joke, as well.

Sounds like a one-off vacation but if you ever go back and it appears you enjoy hiking, you should try the highline trail on the mogollon rim.

On 5/14/2019 at 5:34 PM, Ward4HOF said:

That's awesome the horny toad is still around. I went there back in the mid-80s, as a teen I know I'm dating myself, haha.

I forgot to mention Slide Rock just north of Sedona in Oak Creek canyon. That area is beautiful as well if you drove north of Sedona at all. Bunch of A-frames along the 'crik'... pretty neat. And those switchbacks on 89a just north of Oak Creek are no joke, as well.

Sounds like a one-off vacation but if you ever go back and it appears you enjoy hiking, you should try the highline trail on the mogollon rim.

we found out quick that it was too early for the swimming holes.........we would have done slide rock and grasshopper point if the water was warmer/.

we did the 89a trip 3 times going back and forth to flagstaff.......unbelievable.

dont worry, i was a teen in the 80's also

unless the highline trail and mogollon rim are easy/moderate trails (at most,) these 4 surgery knees couldnt handle it...........lol