Rank the Divisions in 2019 from Best to Worst

DoleINGout

Rank. Division (Team Order First to Last)

1. NFC North (DET/GB/CHI/MIN)

2. NFC East (PHI/DAL/WAS/NY)

3. NFC West (SEA/LA/SF/ARI)

4. AFC South (IND/JAX/HOU/TEN)

5. AFC West (LA/DEN/KC/OAK)

6. AFC North (CLE/CIN/PIT/BAL)

7. NFC South (NO/ATL/TB/CAR)

8. AFC East (NE/NY/BUF/MIA)

Edited by DoleINGout

Based on depth or top end talent?

AFC South could almost be a four team race - which is kind of amazing - but I don't think any of them are an actual contender (possibly the Colts, but not sold on that yet).

NFC East and NFC West are similar right now:

Rams-Eagles - past two NFC champs and two of the most talented teams in the NFL

Seahawks-Cowboys - played a close playoff game, similar matched teams (Seahawks have better QB, Dallas better at most other positions), neither team really a contender right now but playoff teams possibly

Niners-Redskins - if all the breaks fall right you could almost see them sneaking in as a wildcard - almost

Cardinals-Giants - rookie QB teams - Giants have a superior offense, Cards have the better defense - both now have some talent, but both are also the worst teams in their division at present

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Based on depth or top end talent?

AFC South could almost be a four team race - which is kind of amazing - but I don't think any of them are an actual contender (possibly the Colts, but not sold on that yet).

NFC East and NFC West are similar right now:

Rams-Eagles - past two NFC champs and two of the most talented teams in the NFL

Seahawks-Cowboys - played a close playoff game, similar matched teams (Seahawks have better QB, Dallas better at most other positions), neither team really a contender right now but playoff teams possibly

Niners-Redskins - if all the breaks fall right you could almost see them sneaking in as a wildcard - almost

Cardinals-Giants - rookie QB teams - Giants have a superior offense, Cards have the better defense - both now have some talent, but both are also the worst teams in their division at present

100%

I would give a little more weight to the top team in each division:

1. NFC North - this division could have three Super Bowl contenders, depending on how Green Bay does under LaFleur - by far the best division in the NFL

2. NFC West - while the Niners and Cards are worse than other teams at the bottom of their divisions, the Rams are better than most teams at the top

3. NFC East - pretty much the same as the NFC West to me

4. AFC West - assuming Tyreek Hill isn't playing - Chiefs will take a huge step back, but still a good division

5. AFC North - the first team on the list with no Super Bowl contender (Browns would be based on talent but have to see them on the field first) - I think Steelers surprise and win the division, Browns get a wildcard, Bengals are a little better and Ravens take a step back

6. NFC South - I think the Bucs will be better, so why so low? I don't trust the Panthers or the Falcons, and the Saints offense fell off a cliff last year with consistency that should be concerning. Falcons should be better  getting players back from injury, but again, hard to trust them

7. AFC South - top to bottom there won't be a more competitive division IMO - but I think the Colts should have been more aggressive with their cap space if they wanted to contend this year. Texans, for a playoff team, have a long way to go - Jaguars could be the team that bumps them from down here to closer to the top - which Jags team are we getting?

8. AFC East

• Like 1

1) NFC North: No team in this division is bad, and 3 of them are playoff caliber.

2) AFC South: The Colts should be among the best in the AFC, and I don't think any of the other 3 teams are bad.

3) AFC West: The Chargers and Chiefs are both among the elite in the AFC. The Broncos and Raiders should both be a bit better than last year.

4) AFC North: The Ravens, Steelers and Browns are all solid teams. Bengals aren't good but I don't expect them to be terrible either.

5) NFC South: The Saints are among the elite in the NFC. The Falcons should bounce back and the Panthers should as well because it is an odd numbered year. The Bucs aren't good.

6) NFC East: The Eagles and Cowboys are both good teams. The Giants and Redskins are bad teams.

7)NFC West: The Rams are really good. Seahawks and 49ers should be decent but are still rebuilding/retooling to an extent. The Cardinals are a dumpster fire.

8) AFC East: The Pats are obviously the Pats. The Jets should be mediocre, the Bills should be bad, and the Dolphins should be picking #1 overall next year.

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

6. NFC South - I think the Bucs will be better, so why so low? I don't trust the Panthers or the Falcons, and the Saints offense fell off a cliff last year with consistency that should be concerning. Falcons should be better  getting players back from injury, but again, hard to trust them

I don't trust the Falcons but at the same time I do expect them to compete for a wildcard spot. The Saints offense looks like it is transforming big time this year and I expect it to be as dangerous as ever with less finesse and more two tight end sets.

Edited by DoleINGout

55 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I would give a little more weight to the top team in each division:

1. NFC North - this division could have three Super Bowl contenders, depending on how Green Bay does under LaFleur - by far the best division in the NFL

2. NFC West - while the Niners and Cards are worse than other teams at the bottom of their divisions, the Rams are better than most teams at the top

3. NFC East - pretty much the same as the NFC West to me

4. AFC West - assuming Tyreek Hill isn't playing - Chiefs will take a huge step back, but still a good division

5. AFC North - the first team on the list with no Super Bowl contender (Browns would be based on talent but have to see them on the field first) - I think Steelers surprise and win the division, Browns get a wildcard, Bengals are a little better and Ravens take a step back

7. AFC South - top to bottom there won't be a more competitive division IMO - but I think the Colts should have been more aggressive with their cap space if they wanted to contend this year. Texans, for a playoff team, have a long way to go - Jaguars could be the team that bumps them from down here to closer to the top - which Jags team are we getting?

8. AFC East

I disagree Ballard had another great off season not overspending and building up a young, fast, athletic defense. The offense is also looking promising with the additions of Funchess Campbell and Cain to go along with TY and Ebron. Colts are finally going to have WR's other then TY that can get separation lol.

17 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

I disagree Ballard had another great off season not overspending and building up a young, fast, athletic defense. The offense is also looking promising with the additions of Funchess Campbell and Cain to go along with TY and Ebron. Colts are finally going to have WR's other then TY that can get separation lol.

The only area of their team I think they could have been more aggressive with is adding some defensive line depth in case Hunt regresses a bit or gets injured.

• Like 1