Should Haskins sit his Rookie Year?

The way I see it is that Colt and Case’s ceilings are Haskins’ Floor once he’s been in the league a few years.

The absolutely best Case or Colt could do in a season in my eyes - if everything was perfect but it never is - is 4000 yds and 25 TDs.

I think that’s Haskins’ Floor once he’s a developed starter in year 3.

Basically, at worst we have Kirk Cousins on our hands.

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The way I see it is that Colt and Case’s ceilings are Haskins’ Floor once he’s been in the league a few years.

The absolutely best Case or Colt could do in a season in my eyes - if everything was perfect but it never is - is 4000 yds and 25 TDs.

I think that’s Haskins’ Floor once he’s a developed starter in year 3.

Basically, at worst we have Kirk Cousins on our hands.

Those are lofty expectations. I hope he hits them. 

15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Those are lofty expectations. I hope he hits them. 

I don’t think they’re that lofty. Most competent starters in the league now - top 20 in the league - throw for around 4,000 yards and 20-25 TDs a year. 

It’s a passing league as we all know. As we get a few more receiving options on the outside for Haskins that are better than the ones we have now or McLaurin develops into a near #1then it seems very realistic that Haskins will be at worst Kirk Cousins. But he needs the weapons to be that, that's not forget the difference in stats for Kirk in 2016 & 18 vs 2015 & 17 was the talent he had available to him at WR.

Edited by turtle28

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think they’re that lofty. Most competent starters in the league now - top 20 in the league - throw for around 4,000 yards and 20-25 TDs a year. 

It’s a passing league as we all know. As we get a few more receiving options on the outside for Haskins that are better than the ones we have now or McLaurin develops into a near #1then it seems very realistic that Haskins will be at worst Kirk Cousins. But he needs the weapons to be that, that's not forget the difference in stats for Kirk in 2016 & 18 vs 2015 & 17 was the talent he had available to him at WR.

that his floor is Cousins. Basically, you're saying that Haskins floor is the best quarterback we've had in nearly 30 years. 

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

that his floor is Cousins. Basically, you're saying that Haskins floor is the best quarterback we've had in nearly 30 years. 

Which again is an above average to good QB in todays pass happy league. The past QBs from decades ago doesn't matter in this instance, I'm comparing Haskins floor to today’s QBs.

21 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Which again is an above average to good QB in todays pass happy league. The past QBs from decades ago doesn't matter in this instance, I'm comparing Haskins floor to today’s QBs.

And again, you're saying Haskins FLOOR is a good QB (Top 15). That's lofty and again I hope he lives up to it. 

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

And again, you're saying Haskins FLOOR is a good QB (Top 15). That's lofty and again I hope he lives up to it. 

Why? He was the 15th pick in the draft and in mine and many people's opinion he was the best pocket passer in the draft. Louis Riddick certainly felt so. That's not a ”lofty expectation, ” if you take a QB top 15 in the draft you should expect them to be a top 15 QB in the league towards the end of their rookie deal. It's an entirely realistic expectation. Just bc the Redskins have sucked at QB for most of the last 3 decades doesn't mean that a top 15 drafted QB in today's NFL shouldnt be expected to eventually be top 15 in the league.

My true expectations for Haskins by his 2nd contract are much higher. I definitely expect him to eventually be a top 10 passer and on the cusp of top 5.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to drink the kool aid one last time and jump on Aceinthehouse's bandwagon.Everything I read and see on Haskins makes me smile.First,he is not a run first QB but rather a passer with accuracy.He studies film religiously.Second,he is mad and wants to prove he should have been #1 pick.He dont give a darn about Jones except for playing the giants twice every year.He thinks he should of been #1 and he intends on going out to prove it.Not with his mouth or his smile but through hard work,film study and preparation.Third,he has a decent stable of RBs to lean on.It doesnt have to be as drastic as the Steelers were with Ben in his first 2 seasons but he wont have to carry the load.Sure we are in need of talent at WR but I think at least a couple guys will step up.My candidates are Quinn,Doctson and McLauren.We havent seen what Quin can do yet,He did have noodle are checkdown charlie for a QB until he was injured.I think with a real QB and playing for a payday Doctson will have a good year.The 2 collage teammates should have little trouble with timing.McLaurin's speed will make him a threat.Oline got two new editions Martin is going to start,it is written on the walls.He will be pretty solid in a run heavy offense.Piershbacher is great depth at OG/C.I think we will avg a few more points a game this season ;) .Defense just got better.Sweat,Kerrigan on the outside,Allen,Payne,Ioanidis on the inside.Our DBs will not have to cover as long each play.If we can just get solid play at ILB our defense will be fun to watch for a change.I say we are going 13-3 ,Lose to the Bears,Patriots and the Cowboys week 17 because they are resting starters.Come on guys,have some kool aid with me ;)

TK out

• Like 2