Jump to content
Skins212689

Should Haskins sit his Rookie Year?

Recommended Posts

Just now, RSkinGM said:

A journey of a 1000 miles begins with a single step . 

Keenum has proven he has the ability to start us in the direction of getting in the playoffs and I'll finish the journey of getting to the Super Bowl next year with Haskins as the starter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Some might forget Brady if it was up to Bill B Brady wouldn't be the starting QB in New England right now, Jimmy G would. It's only because Kraft said Brady had to stay Bill B had to trade Jimmy G. Jimmy G sat and learned and than the greatest coach of all time wanted him to start over the GOAT. The goal is to win Super Bowls not just making the playoffs!!!

Edited by Skins212689

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Some might forget Brady if it was up to Bill B Brady wouldn't be the starting QB in New England right now, Jimmy G would. It's only because Kraft said Brady had to stay Bill B had to trade Jimmy G. Jimmy G sat and learned and than the greatest coach of all time wanted him to start over the GOAT. The goal is to win Super Bowls not just making the playoffs!!!

I've never read or heard that - and I read a lot. You must have inside info. 

Interesting side note  ( To me ) Did you guys read that the Pats turned their second round pick for Garoppolo into six picks by trading back and one of the picks is a second round next year- Back where they started . ! Brilliant !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Some might forget Brady if it was up to Bill B Brady wouldn't be the starting QB in New England right now, Jimmy G would. It's only because Kraft said Brady had to stay Bill B had to trade Jimmy G. Jimmy G sat and learned and than the greatest coach of all time wanted him to start over the GOAT. The goal is to win Super Bowls not just making the playoffs!!!

But then Tom Brady won the Super Bowl again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I've never read or heard that - and I read a lot. You must have inside info. 

Interesting side note  ( To me ) Did you guys read that the Pats turned their second round pick for Garoppolo into six picks by trading back and one of the picks is a second round next year- Back where they started . ! Brilliant !

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/bill-belichick-traded-jimmy-garoppolo-took-lesser-deal-2018-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

But then Tom Brady won the Super Bowl again?

The Patriots won 2 Super Bowls in witch they maybe shouldn't really have. The Seattle one and the one in witch the Falcons allowed them to come back from a 21 points. They won those so you still have to give them credit, but you understand what I'm saying. Especially against Seattle when all Carrol had to do is give the ball to Lynch!!!

Edited by Skins212689

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

The Patriots won 2 Super Bowls in witch they maybe shouldn't really have. The Seattle one and the one in witch the Falcons allowed them to come back from a 21 points. They won those so you still have to give them credit, but you understand what I'm saying. Especially against Seattle when all Carrol had to do is give the ball to Lynch!!!

I don't think I understand what you're saying at all. There's no parallel:

 

1) The Patriots don't start Jimmy G. to soon because they have the GOAT ... we shouldn't start Dwayne to soon because we have *checks notes* Case Keenum

2) By sitting Jimmy G is so good that he could start which puts them in a better position to win Super Bowls... but they won a Super Bowl not starting him

3) Jimmy G hasn't accomplished anything yet

 

I don't think we need to start Haskins right away, but this is the worst point you could make. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I don't think I understand what you're saying at all. There's no parallel:

 

1) The Patriots don't start Jimmy G. to soon because they have the GOAT ... we shouldn't start Dwayne to soon because we have *checks notes* Case Keenum

2) By sitting Jimmy G is so good that he could start which puts them in a better position to win Super Bowls... but they won a Super Bowl not starting him

3) Jimmy G hasn't accomplished anything yet

 

I don't think we need to start Haskins right away, but this is the worst point you could make. 

We should let Haskins sit his rookie year and ride with Keenum for this season is what I'm saying.

If the Greatest coach was willing to Let the GOAT go for Jimmy G or at least wanted to keep Jimmy G, why can't we allow Keenum to start Haskins rookie year despite who is better?

The coach ranked 7th in wins did it for Mahomes as Smith played his rookie year depsite Mahomes more than likely showing he was better in practice. Whats so hard to understand? 

Edited by Skins212689

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Right you believe what you want and I'll believe what I want. I believe Kraft played a part in Bill deciding to trade Jimmy G.

Edited by Skins212689

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Woz said:

Personally, I'd have him sit the first five games:

@ Philadelphia
v Dallas
v Chicago (MNF)
@ NY Giants
v New England

Give him a stretch where he's got a fighting chance (@ Miami, v San Francisco, @ Minnesota (TNF), @ Buffalo) to get his feet under him instead of throwing him straight to the wolves.

You want him to stick it to NY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2019 at 9:45 AM, MikeT14 said:

I think he needs to sit. 

When it comes to QBs, I've always felt the best way to improve is quite simply to put in the reps. If you think you have a capable line then you should absolutely start a rookie QB IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

You want him to stick it to NY

Actually, I'd rather the Giants lose to a Keenum-ran squad. That would be even more humiliating, especially if Eli's as the helm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Danger said:

When it comes to QBs, I've always felt the best way to improve is quite simply to put in the reps. If you think you have a capable line then you should absolutely start a rookie QB IMO.

I tend to agree 99% of the time with this, I really do. But with Haskins, I think he might need to sit and learn and be coached. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I so badly want him to go into Philly week-1 with a healthy O-line & stomp their ***.

Not to mention we got Chicago Bears on primetime tv, which would be a true test. They arguably have a top 5 defense in the league. You shred them, then you're doing something. This would be a test not just for our QB, but our O-line as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×