Tennessee Titans Free Talk Venting Thread

Titans fan 617

Well. I've slept on it. And I've woken up, and despite trying to give Mularkey a fair chance, I'm done with him as a head coach.

8-4 heading into the Cardinals and 49ers. A legitimate contender will get his team the two necessary wins to be sitting at 10-4 facing the final two weeks.

A clown has his offense put up 7 points then play scared to lose to the 49ers the following week.

Like how our defense has improved, but overall I'm more than fine with getting rid of the whole coaching staff. Give Robinson a chance at hiring his candidate, someone able to play Mariota to his strengths, and match against an opponent's weakness.

Titan Up.

I want a new head coach more than anything right now, but I refuse to get my hopes up about it actually happening based on our history. I'd actually give Amy credit for being proactive if she made a move after this season, but we've always been reactive instead of proactive when it comes to our head coaches. We wait until the sky completely falls on the organization (4-12, 5-11, 6-10 finishes) before we make the move that we should've made a year earlier. I'm anticipating the same thing to happen with this staff. We'll finish 8-8 change OCs in hopes that can fix what is actually a Mularkey problem at its core, and we'll finish 6-10 at best next year. It'll be eerily similar to Munchak's tenure as our head coach.

40 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I want a new head coach more than anything right now, but I refuse to get my hopes up about it actually happening based on our history. I'd actually give Amy credit for being proactive if she made a move after this season, but we've always been reactive instead of proactive when it comes to our head coaches. We wait until the sky completely falls on the organization (4-12, 5-11, 6-10 finishes) before we make the move that we should've made a year earlier. I'm anticipating the same thing to happen with this staff. We'll finish 8-8 change OCs in hopes that can fix what is actually a Mularkey problem at its core, and we'll finish 6-10 at best next year. It'll be eerily similar to Munchak's tenure as our head coach.

This 100% or we’ll finish 9-7 and Mularkey gets an extension lmao.

I hope that the payout of Munchak & Whisenhunt's contracts has concluded. I know that was part of the thought process when Amy made the decision to retain Mularkey. That would mean that JRob can make a hire and not have to worry about being handcuffed with salary going out the door to prior fired head coaches. I want to make the playoffs this year because its been 9 years. However, I will take the short term misery of not making it to make it and advance in the next few years with a new staff. I knew that they would lose that game yesterday. SMH.     

Living in fantasy land. I want us to develop a new NFL structure. 

Murlarkey is the Coach of team culture. Establish rules, meets with press, face of the coaching staff. 

New Guy is Coach of  Game day operations/ consultant  He overseas game plans and guides the offensive play calls. 

Mariota then calls the plays in the game. And runs it like yesterday. 

Fantasy land lol

I am now of the thought I don't want any offensive coach forcing something on Mariota. Don't want their ego. I want someone that is accomplished, not looking to land a head coaching job, not set in their ways, and just manages the offense. And let's Mariota do whatever he feels good doing really. 

But in still want to take advantage of some of the power running sets. Just not all the time. Lol. 

The fan inside me wants us to somehow win these next 2 games like we did against KC and GB last year and make a run at the playoffs.

The logic inside me wants us to get embarrassed these next 2 weeks in a row in front of our home crowd and watch Mauaularkay, Robiscuits and company burn.

I'm rooting for playoffs. But I don't care if we make it or not.  

We are going to end the season like 31 other teams with no super bowl. Only one team will be happy with the seasons end result. 

I want to experience the playoffs again. It's been so long. Just want that taste at least. 

Change is coming at seasons end regardless I feel. We won't go into next season as is, with this offense. 

15 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm rooting for playoffs. But I don't care if we make it or not.  

We are going to end the season like 31 other teams with no super bowl. Only one team will be happy with the seasons end result. 

I want to experience the playoffs again. It's been so long. Just want that taste at least. 

Change is coming at seasons end regardless I feel. We won't go into next season as is, with this offense. 

I feel you're right as far as OC/play calling is concerned, however, going 9-7 or 10-6 and making the playoffs all but probably guarantees Mauilarky sticking around. Going 8-8 and ending the season 0-4 gives a greater chance of him being fired. These next 2 games are monumental for our teams future.

31 other teams will be dissatisfied, but what will bring less dissatisfaction? Finishing 8-8 on a 4 game losing streak and Malibularkey gets canned? Or make the playoffs at 9-7, get dismantled, and Mambalarkey gets credit for ending the franchises 10 year playoff drought and he sticks around?

We aren't going anywhere with him at the helm. Imo, it's better to speed up the process by losing these next 2, firing him, and getting Robinsons guy in there to see if that leads to something more promising.

If that play (where Walden clearly intercepted it, but they gave it to Goodwin...) happened in the Patriots/Steelers game, I can almost guarantee it would be a massive point of debate today. But since it only screwed the Titans, there literally is no mention of it. It's a joke. 

Isn’t it crazy last year we won 9 games missed the playoffs had a better offense and this year we might go 8-8 with a worse team in regards to how they are playing this year and might back into the playoffs over tie breakers.

I only want to miss the playoffs if it means Mularkey and these coaches are gone. I’m sick of watching 1992 football with 70 year old coaches and crappy formulas that just arnt working and the coaches refuse to adjust 

I know that there is no conspiracy to "screw the Titans" out there, but sometimes is feels like it. The issue is that we are irrelevant, and the refs and commentators/media give us absolutely no benefit of the doubt like the bigger brand teams. The Walden play yesterday they showed the view from behind the play...where you could clearly see walden was lying on the ground and secured the ball and the receive wasn't even touching the ball...ONCE!!! I realize that the tv broadcast has no bearing on the call on the field, but they never brought that view back. But it's not just that, it's 90% of the close plays we get zero benefit of the doubt. 

29 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Id bet my last dime that no WR corp in the NFL has less YAC than ours 

if you take out Rishards long TDs against Seattle and Pitt it's prob an average of 0.4 YAC across the board 

100% on play design 

Watching Monday night football and they threw out a YAC stat. Only 2 teams have less YAC than the Buccaneers, the Titans are one of those teams.

Archived