Tennessee Titans Free Talk Venting Thread

Titans fan 617

How about we get an OC that can scheme a screen pass for us and a DC that can stop one. This is not me bashing Lebeau, simply stating we can never stop a freaking screen pass, and we haven't been able to run one on offense since the Hou Oiler days...and don't give me we could when CJ was here because those were not good scheme...those were more a case of it took couple of years to figure out the right angle to take on him.

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

It all just comes back to this for me

marcus is our number one priority. Mularkey has made it clear that he doesn't want Marcus to be the focal point of our offense or build an o in which Marcus can thrive. That's irrefutable for me at this point. You don't win Super Bowls that way

This x100000%....its absolutely horrible.. I wish there were words to even describe how retarded that is...his head is so far up his *** he can't even see what's right in front of him 

I have a simple question as far as our defense goes. Do we not have true playmakers on Defense or does our scheme not allow our guys to be playmakers?

I tend to blame the players and the reason I’m bringing this up is the lack of interceptions on this team is pathetic.

Our only CBs INTs this year are Smith and Sims correct? Ryan was a clutch INT guy for NE at times and dropped the very few chances he’s had. Adoree dropped the one he had in SF. McCain isn’t even in the vicinity of the guy he’s covering so he’s never getting one. 

Without Byard this numbers would be even worse. Byard is the only guy on the defense to have made a play to get a couple of INTs the one in Houston was a diving one if I remember correctly and the one where he was covering someone in Cleveland and he left his man to jump a route was a great play. The only other spectacular INT that any other person helped out on an made a play was when Ryan jarred the ball lose in Baltimore and Byard picked it off but other than Byard we have no one who can make plays it seems.

Even our LBs didn’t have any INTs if I remember (Walden did but the refs suck) Brown I was expecting to pick a few off but never happened.

Do the Titans need better players or is it something the scheme isn’t allowing the players to be in better positions to make the plays curious to your thoughts 

14 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I have a simple question as far as our defense goes. Do we not have true playmakers on Defense or does our scheme not allow our guys to be playmakers?

I tend to blame the players and the reason I’m bringing this up is the lack of interceptions on this team is pathetic.

Our only CBs INTs this year are Smith and Sims correct? Ryan was a clutch INT guy for NE at times and dropped the very few chances he’s had. Adoree dropped the one he had in SF. McCain isn’t even in the vicinity of the guy he’s covering so he’s never getting one. 

Without Byard this numbers would be even worse. Byard is the only guy on the defense to have made a play to get a couple of INTs the one in Houston was a diving one if I remember correctly and the one where he was covering someone in Cleveland and he left his man to jump a route was a great play. The only other spectacular INT that any other person helped out on an made a play was when Ryan jarred the ball lose in Baltimore and Byard picked it off but other than Byard we have no one who can make plays it seems.

Even our LBs didn’t have any INTs if I remember (Walden did but the refs suck) Brown I was expecting to pick a few off but never happened.

Do the Titans need better players or is it something the scheme isn’t allowing the players to be in better positions to make the plays curious to your thoughts 

We need more play makers definitely. Adoree has been solid however he’s not seasoned at all, he sucks at route recognition. Ryan, again solid but he’s better in the slot. Cyprien sucks, he’s exactly what we thought he was, a tackling machine good at attacking the ball in zone but in man, he can’t cover a twin size mattress wit a king size sheet. At LB we missing that LB that can blitz, cover & play side line to side line to side line

This has nothing to do with the Titans themselves but,

I love how I get every single ******* Jaguar game in my area but I'm getting the f-ing Chiefs Broncos game on Sunday??!....wtf is that man.

Edit: I also found the game coverage map and I'm in the blue (I live in central Florida) http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=17. Yet I checked my TV guide and the CBS game is Chiefs vs Broncos. So unless that's wrong......wow I'm sad. Is there a way to fight that or something lol

5 minutes ago, capton_cutclass said:

Is there a scenario where we play the Jags beat them and then face them in the wild card round and again beat them.

Yeah. I think if the Ravens win and we win. We are locked in that last wild card spot and then go to Jacksonville for the wild card game b

Archived