Tennessee Titans Free Talk Venting Thread

Titans fan 617

20 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

It’s possible and I don’t think I could show my face on here or on twitter again if it happens.

Don't think it's indicative of much but just the matchup generally favors us. We have the o-line to nullify your pass rush(unless it has one of it's occasional "wtf are you doing?" days)  which is the key to beating your defense(either quick passes or an o-line that can stonewall it), then it just comes down to which Bortles shows up.

That being said feels as if there's two different mindsets for the teams right now so matchup doesn't matter quite as much, and matchup obviously also only matters if the team with the edge in matchup actually plays at a high level, otherwise can still just get outplayed.

• 1 month later...

I don’t have a vent to get off my chest but just had a thought. Not saying I wanted any of this to happen but it’s crazy to think how many of the Eagles players could have been Titans.

Remeber the night we took Mariota the trade rumors were out there about us possibly getting Cox and I forget who one of the LBs that’s still on the team and a pick right?

Say we make that trade and we go with Met the following year the Titans definitely still end up with the number 1 pick and the Titans could of very well taken Wentz with that pick. 

Then you can’t say this changes but a majority of us really wanted Jeffrey so maybe we go after him who knows. I doubt it but it is crazy to think about the “what if” that could of happen the last few years 

22 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I don’t have a vent to get off my chest but just had a thought. Not saying I wanted any of this to happen but it’s crazy to think how many of the Eagles players could have been Titans.

Remeber the night we took Mariota the trade rumors were out there about us possibly getting Cox and I forget who one of the LBs that’s still on the team and a pick right?

Say we make that trade and we go with Met the following year the Titans definitely still end up with the number 1 pick and the Titans could of very well taken Wentz with that pick. 

Then you can’t say this changes but a majority of us really wanted Jeffrey so maybe we go after him who knows. I doubt it but it is crazy to think about the “what if” that could of happen the last few years 

Mychal Kendricks, Brandon Boykin, and Fletcher Cox i believe. With a bunch of draft picks. 

My thought for the day is....Does a guy like Mularkey look at last nights SB and STILL think his brand of football can win championships? I mean does he really think that his way will ever be better than 9-6? 

Another thought...I think the change in HC gives us a higher floor and a much higher ceiling. I thought that if we kept Mularkey we would take a big step back, like 6-10...at best 8-8 and the worst like 4-12. With an up to date offense I think the worst case is 7-9. All of this assumes no injuries...basically healthy.

15 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

My thought for the day is....Does a guy like Mularkey look at last nights SB and STILL think his brand of football can win championships? I mean does he really think that his way will ever be better than 9-6? 

Another thought...I think the change in HC gives us a higher floor and a much higher ceiling. I thought that if we kept Mularkey we would take a big step back, like 6-10...at best 8-8 and the worst like 4-12. With an up to date offense I think the worst case is 7-9. All of this assumes no injuries...basically healthy.

Ya watching last nights game had me sitting there saying we are so far away from being in those 2 teams class. Yes we could very well beat 1 or both in a regular season game next year like we normally beat a few teams a year “we shouldn’t” but when it matters, at the moment we are far far away when you really look at the talent we seen on the field last night. 

Brady throws for over 500 yards Amendola Hogan and Gronk all went over a 100 yards receiving and still lost. That’s pretty hard to do is lose when a team puts up those kind of numbers  

17 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

Mularkey is still confused as to why both teams didn't run the ball every time in 3rd-and-short and run screens with their TEs

• 5 months later...

Ok here’s my little free spirited thoughts about the team. 

Has anyone went back and actually looked at some of the wins from last year from the Browns game on? 

Let me tell you it’s not pretty. Granted the Colts win wasn’t pretty either but we all understand Mariota was on one leg. 

I seriously don’t know how the Titans won some of these games down the stretch. The 2 biggest reasons for wins after that Colts game were the defense and Mariota.

The WRs are my biggest worries still going forward. Not saying Taylor can’t get better all I’m saying is I went back and watched all the wins just the wins and from the Cleveland game until the Chiefs game there wasn’t one single highlight of Taywan Taylor. The only highlight he did have was in Indy he tripped and fell over Casper the Friendly Ghost and the ball got picked off. 

Really some of wins down the stretch were really really ugly. Mariotas heart down the stretch was incredible from taking it soon himself to start running vs the Jags to throwing a key block to seal a playoff win in KC. 

From the moment Murray went down vs the Rams Henry was the only RB used. That’s incredible because the Titans never even tried to work in Muhammad for a few plays a game just to get a change of pace back in there. I do give Henry credit for some how hitting homeruns on that screen vs Jacksonville and the big run to put us within a score in KC. 

Fast forward to 2018 Dion Lewis is going to be awesome with Henry I can’t wait to see them on the field together and with a healthy Mariota.

Health is always a key for every team but the Titans really need a healthy Corey Davis and even Tajae Sharpe. Sharpe has the 2nd most experience out of all our legitimate WRs (I don’t consider Campanero a legitimate WR but who knows)

I wrote a ton here but what are some of your thoughts about anything? What do you think about when thinking about last year and what are you looking forward to this year? 

10 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

The WRs are my biggest worries still going forward. Not saying Taylor can’t get better all I’m saying is I went back and watched all the wins just the wins and from the Cleveland game until the Chiefs game there wasn’t one single highlight of Taywan Taylor.

This is legit my biggest concern. We can mitigate some of it with the other starters on the field... Walker and Lewis specially,  but also Smith and Henry to an extent. 

I expect big thingsfrom both Davis and Matthews. But there's absolutely zero depth behind them... at least depth that I trust starting or playing significant snaps if one of them goes down. 

I honestly believe we're a playoff team... but we're an injury a away at wr (or qb) from being severely handicapped in the passing game.

The biggest hope we currently have as far as our wide receivers  goes is a new scheme. I am positive that last years scheme is 75% of the passing game's issues. Route schemes and rhythm are something that was severely lacking in the 90's offense we ran last year. 

I think we have to assume that Mariota will be better...with a complete offseason, fully healthy, and a new...but current offense to run.

Most likely all out our receivers would have been developed in an offense closer to the one we are going to run this year rather than that thing they were forced into last year. The result should yield better production for every single pass catcher(with the possible exception of Walker)

As has been said many times by every fan for every team...everything hinges on health and no major injuries.

As far as the Defense goes...it is hard to imagine a scenario where we have a decline.

1 hour ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

The biggest hope we currently have as far as our wide receivers  goes is a new scheme. I am positive that last years scheme is 75% of the passing game's issues. Route schemes and rhythm are something that was severely lacking in the 90's offense we ran last year. 

I think we have to assume that Mariota will be better...with a complete offseason, fully healthy, and a new...but current offense to run.

Most likely all out our receivers would have been developed in an offense closer to the one we are going to run this year rather than that thing they were forced into last year. The result should yield better production for every single pass catcher(with the possible exception of Walker)

As has been said many times by every fan for every team...everything hinges on health and no major injuries.

As far as the Defense goes...it is hard to imagine a scenario where we have a decline.

Our pass rush from a D-Line standpoint could be a problem. Casey creates pressure but isn’t wracking up sacks like he use to. D.Jones is coming off an injury so he’s an unknown. Austin Johnson hasn’t showed the ability to get to the QB. Dodd just won’t help us no matter where he plays and Kings useless too. 

Granted our LBs can get to the QB but it’s tough to only rely on them and blitzing to get to the QB. We need another pass rusher on the actual Line to get there more consistently hopefully Jones has no set backs

11 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Our pass rush from a D-Line standpoint could be a problem. Casey creates pressure but isn’t wracking up sacks like he use to. D.Jones is coming off an injury so he’s an unknown. Austin Johnson hasn’t showed the ability to get to the QB. Dodd just won’t help us no matter where he plays and Kings useless too. 

Granted our LBs can get to the QB but it’s tough to only rely on them and blitzing to get to the QB. We need another pass rusher on the actual Line to get there more consistently hopefully Jones has no set backs

The d line is worrisome for the first time in a long time. But I think scheme may have lead to some of the muted sack numbers from the d line.  By its nature the 3-4 is going to have a blitz feel since that 4th rusher is coming from the LBer spot. LeBeau's zone blitz scheme highlighted this even more, often times sending multiple guys from the 2nd level and dropping dlinemen into short zones. 

Pees seems to run a very traditional 2 gap scheme, but that also means the d line probably won't be tasked to be primary pass rushers too often. The Vrabel influence is unknown, but the "Patriot way" is supposed to use flexibility and player strengths to put the defender in the best spots, so we'll see... but I expect more of the same... small sack numbers from the d linemen with the lbers taking most of the sacks

On 7/6/2018 at 5:54 PM, Dr.Doom52 said:

Pretty much we have to hope that Taywan or possibly Tajae can be this year's Robert Woods. If not, we are probably in trouble.

On 7/11/2018 at 10:18 AM, VY said:

Pretty much we have to hope that Taywan or possibly Tajae can be this year's Robert Woods. If not, we are probably in trouble.

That's a lot of hoping.  Taylor and especially Sharpe can't touch the potential that Woods carried with him, at one point considered a high 1st rounder.  Woods had also at least somewhat of a track record.  He had enough that he signed that $40M contract.

Taylor I have some hope for... there's potential there, but he did absolutely nothing last year, so that's worrisome.  Sharpe had the perfect example of fake stat fueled season a couple of years ago.  Outside of a couple of games early his rookie season, he's done nothing, and has shown nothing in his skill set that gives any hope for a realistic increase in production or reliability... even with the new system in place. 

• 4 months later...

I just want to say the Titans will probably win most of the games the rest of the way and have a winning record but will either choke it away at the Giants or vs Indy or will just lose out on tiebreakers

With that said the reason for my post is something is lacking with this team. The Titans should be better than this but why arnt they? They won in the playoffs last year but yet these guys still struggle to do what it takes to be winners in this league consistently.

Are the coaches sending the wrong message? For example Defensively the team goes by MMCNB. For one all the Titans DBs have done is let everyone catch balls but two where is the nastyness? I’m sick of hearing that they want to be a “tough” defense because the truth is you need balls swagger and nastyness. We have too many good guys on this team. Too many guys live and die by what the coaches are coaching as far as the system and not enough guys are capable of playing the system but also making plays. Our defenses in the past use to play with balls and nastyness and wouldn’t worry about MMCNB instead the old defenses were worried about getting the ball and if not go get the damn QB. Adorees pick vs Buffalo and Butlers pick Cs Miami were great picks but once they got the pick they never know what to do with the ball. Our DBs are so worried about knocking the ball out of peoples hands but we never see guys jump a route and house one anymore. 

I get our D-Line isn’t full of special players but our coaches don’t scheme anything to help Casey get free they don’t help Rak and Morgan much. Our leading sack leader is a part time MLB.

I feel like the DNA of this team just isn’t built to go far. I’m not saying I want a Ramsey type were we have guys talking crap about the league and being cancers in the locker room but I wouldn’t mind seeing someone blow a gasket once in a while. Logan Ryan is a Veteran Rak is a Veteran but we see a bunch of cliche goody good boys on an off the field. Bulluck Rolle Dyson Haynesworth KVB Sirmon Finnegan Kearse an others weren’t Ramsey types to trash talk through the media but game day you better bring it because on the field they just had balls and swag and nastyness and believed in being a Tyrant. When our old Titans got balls they knew what to do with them.

Offensivley it’s a talent issue mixed in with coaching. LaFleur has some growing to do but what the Titans have done to help Mariota is pathetic. Kline is trash. Conklin is coming off an injury I’m willing to cut him slack but Lewan is holding out and chugging beer through catfish and demanding respect then plays like a jack@ss week in an Week out with constant hands to the face penalties and just not playing up to the standard of the highest paid LT in the game. Ben Jones is on the decline but he stabilized the Center position for us the last few years it was horrendous before he got here. No talent at WR for Marcus outside of Davis.

The DNA of this team needs to change big time. We have a lot of round pegs in square holes it seems on this team right now. Henry doesn’t seem like a fit for this offense. Kline’s awful. No O-Line depth. Daquan, Austin Johnson and Bennie Logan all virtually the same player. Butler can’t handle the contract.

This post is way too long if anyone was able to read this congratulations and thanks but I don’t know from JRob to scouts to coaches to a lot of the players I’m worried about this franchise long term. No matter who the scouts and coaches are we can’t develop WRs. Linemen use to be our bread and butter of a position to find guys and build them up into NFL caliber players but where struggling to find depth now. 

This is a big offseason for JRob he’s already thrown big money around and missed on some guys but now is the time to find the guys that fit without having to break the bank. He needs to hit on D-Line help in the draft. He needs to find a Veteran Guard that can play while they attempt to groom the next guy with a mid round pick. Don’t break the bank stupidly for the big name WRa who will flame out once they get paid find a few veterans to help Mariota.

Im not saying blow the team up because I’m still a believer in Mariota Lewis Walker Davis Lewan Conklin Jonnu Casey Brown Evans Landry Adoree and Byard but the surrounding cast needs to be better. You can’t have stars for all 53 players on the roster but we need guys that can step up and be good role players and help the stars be stars

Archived