Tennessee Titans Free Talk Venting Thread

Titans fan 617

• 4 weeks later...

Here's another thing to complain about:

Regarding our buddy Jonny Rob. Was Logan ryan his only good FA signing? Special teams still suck, Decker has like four catches it seems like, Walden is a ghost, Eric Weems looool

edit -- and oh yea. Cyp.

another edit - sly Williams also exists

i feel like I can do this all night 

11 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Here's another thing to complain about:

Regarding our buddy Jonny Rob. Was Logan ryan his only good FA signing? Special teams still suck, Decker has like four catches it seems like, Walden is a ghost, Eric Weems looool

edit -- and oh yea. Cyp.

another edit - sly Williams also exists

i feel like I can do this all night 

You not alone feeling like you Robinson misses in FA.

He did sign Ben Jones, Matthews and got Murray.  Did get Ryan.

However, it feels like FA has been a failure in many ways. 

The issue with his FA signings is he’s not going to be in the market a lot of times to sign FA’s to giant deals. A big reason for that at the moment is Lewan and Mariotas contracts coming up soon and will cash in even though Mariota is hurting his pay day with all these crap performances (only kidding I know when he’s ready to cash in he’ll be fine and still get paid big time)

I will say one FA I still wish we got in on which didn’t sign for a huge deal is Alshon Jeffrey. Titans still could have signed him and drafted Davis 

2 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

The issue with his FA signings is he’s not going to be in the market a lot of times to sign FA’s to giant deals. A big reason for that at the moment is Lewan and Mariotas contracts coming up soon and will cash in even though Mariota is hurting his pay day with all these crap performances (only kidding I know when he’s ready to cash in he’ll be fine and still get paid big time)

I will say one FA I still wish we got in on which didn’t sign for a huge deal is Alshon Jeffrey. Titans still could have signed him and drafted Davis 

I believe we could be back in the mix for Alshon this year if we wanted. He only signed the 1 year deal with Philly. I don't know if Philly would let him walk and I am sure they would pay him more than we would, but we will have a chance at him again.

This offseason is going to be the biggest offseason for Robinson's tenure with the team and will really shape the direction the team will go. We have a lot of great pieces in place and will be in a position to make us legitimate contenders if we are aggressive this offseason. I am not getting my hopes up that we become aggressive in the offseason, but we can take this team to the next level if we are.

4 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Yet he still goes out and gives Williams 17.5M  (11th biggest contract on the roster) and 25M to Cyprien (7th largest current Titan contract).  Those are both questionable moves.  Our run D was pretty good last year (2nd in rushing yards given up) and horrible against the pass (2nd to last).  And he allocates 42.5M in 2 players who's primary "strengths" is in the run game.  That makes sense how?  We're still pretty good against the run (5th overall against the run, but have improved on a per carry basis)... but how much of that is attributed to Sly and Cyp?  Cyp's been out leaving at only 33% snap count... and Sly hardly sees the field at 27%.

57 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Casey Heyward is the signing I wanted him to make two years ago.  Instead we brought in McCain and Valentino Blake.

I want to be super critical of Robinson's FA approach, however, if I was in charge, we're definitely paying Terrelle Pryor $10 million this season. So what do I know?

Though my issues with the way we attacked free agency are similar to rage's. It's not even about specific players, it's just the idea that two of our three biggest signings were made to seemingly improve our run defense. Which was the least of our defensive concerns.

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I want to be super critical of Robinson's FA approach, however, if I was in charge, we're definitely paying Terrell Pryor $10 million this season. So what do I know?

Though my issues with the way we attacked free agency are similar to rage's. It's not even about specific players, it's just the idea that two of our three biggest signings were made to seemingly improve our run defense. Which was the least of our defensive concerns.

You were crazy for that one, 0021!

but yea JRob has been wack in FA 

Archived