Tennessee Titans Free Talk Venting Thread

Titans fan 617

22 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Oh man, think of the possibilities. I'm still dreaming of a double reverse with Dennis Kelly.

The fact that we are joking about this (and weeping on the inside) is enough proof that we need some major changes in offensive playcalling and philosophies

nobody on this forum would be surprised if we found a way to get the ball in a lineman's hands. We did it last year! (Fine, we scored on it)

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

nobody on this forum would be surprised if we found a way to get the ball in a lineman's hands. We did it last year! (Fine, we scored on it)

Of all of the trick plays we've run, that will forever be my favorite. I'm fine joking about the exotic smashmouth, but man, that was such a great play. I've legit never seen anything like it before and it would have been almost impossible to have been prepared for it.

My preference at WR was Jeffrey... But it is what it is. I also woulda double dipped at CB in FA. I was high on both the Cowboys CBs as the potential 2nd fa guy... Didn't make sense that we didn't take a long look at Claiborne at 5M.

I just wanna go back to the supposed Cooks rumors... Say we trade that 1st rounder for Cooks and a 2nd. Say they go Lattimore at 5, having locked up WR (I woulda gone Adams, but its likely theybwould have addressed CB there)... Are we a better team?

Cooks offers something that we currently dont have... And Latimore has been playing at a DROY level this far. That would still leave a 2nd rounder... (The Saints took Williams there and hes also been part of that revamped secondary).

A lot of ifs there... But its all part of the what its from this past off season.

10 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Of all of the trick plays we've run, that will forever be my favorite. I'm fine joking about the exotic smashmouth, but man, that was such a great play. I've legit never seen anything like it before and it would have been almost impossible to have been prepared for it.

I don't think we could even trust our O to use Cooks properly. Look at Decker -- stud RZ guy and we never target him there. I bet he can't wait to leave 

52 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I don't think we could even trust our O to use Cooks properly. Look at Decker -- stud RZ guy and we never target him there. I bet he can't wait to leave 

For what it's worth, he has 7 RZ targets (seen 8 some place else). Same number as Delanie and one more than Matthews.

11 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

For what it's worth, he has 7 RZ targets (seen 8 some place else). Same number as Delanie and one more than Matthews.

Decker has been targeted in the Red Zone this year no doubt my issue with his targets they weren’t very good throws or designs to get him open. Even the 1 TD he got Mularkey said the play was designed for Smith who looked like he was running through bushes trying to get open and Decker found his own way open.

To note on the offense, we've scored in the last 3 weeks:

17 points vs Pittsburgh, they allowe 16.5 per game.

24 vs Cincy, they allow 19.9 per game.

23 vs Baltimore, they allow 17.1 per game.

All 3 are top 10 scoring defenses, and we scored as much as Pittsburgh usually allows and scored more than Cincy and Baltimore usually allow.

Not to say the offense hasn't had it's issues, but in context, it's done better than what would be expected(or on par with expected vs Pittsburgh) in the last 3 games. Mariota having a bad game and Delanie dropping a TD prevented us from doing even better vs the Steelers.

If you look at the games Mariota played in entirety:

16 vs Oakland, they allow 24.7 ppg

37 vs Jacksonville, they allow 14.1 ppg.

33 vs Seattle, they allow 19.9 ppg.

36 vs Indianapolis, they allow 28 ppg.

12 vs Cleveland, they allow 25.9 ppg.

23 vs Baltimore, they allow 17.1 ppg.

24 vs Cincy, they allow 19.9 ppg.

17 vs Pitt, they allow 16.5 ppg.

So in 6 of 8 games with Mariota starting the entirety we've scored above or at what the defense we're facing usually allows. 5 of 8 we're at least a field goal above. Offense has things it needs to fix, but the world isn't ending for the offense.

We can absolutely go 6-0 for the home stretch, but we'll have to just go balls to the wall with each opponent every week. Killer Instinct and the will to execute. Since our coaches seems to do more demanding than teaching, they need motivate by instilling some iron willpower and give these guys a nasty attitude. We want to be a physical punishing offense, then we got to do more than talk about it and go through the motions.  We need to hit people in the mouth and dominate defenses. Take no prisoners.

OFFENSE

O-line: Take on Lewan's attitude and be ready to manhandle everybody on that LOS. When you run block, knock them on their a$$!!! When you pass protect, don't just keep them away, knock them on their a$$!!! Our QB stays clean like he never took the field and our RBs don't get touched until they reach second level.

RB: Both Murray and especially Henry...Run angry, run with attitude. Run behind your pads ready to deliver punishment to all defenders. Juke when you can, knock them on their a$$ when you need to. Make them have to gang tackle you on every run or there will be no tackle. When you pick up a blitzer, knock his a$$ the f--k OUT!!! Let that serve as a warning to the next guy trying to blitz.

WR/TE: Rookies and veterans alike, attack every ball on every pass that's thrown your way. Every ball in the air belongs to you, only you and nobody else. Catching the ball is only the beginning of that play, fight for more yards and make them earn that tackle. When you block, knock them on their a$$!!! Lay them out.

DEFENSE

D-line: We need to hear more names called besides Casey. Sly, get your big a$$ in gear and eat up those interior blockers. Quit living on your past accomplishments. Klug start seeing a lot more PT because he seems to get more results than the other starters.

OLB: Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better.

ILB: Woodyard and Brown will be the new starting combo. They make a good speed combo. Williamson will be rotated in and out.

CB: Keep doing what you're doing. McCain goes down the depth chart, and Kalan Reed gets moved up to the 4th spot as a needed upgrade.

SS/FS: Keep doing what you're doing until we draft a better SS to pair with Byard.

3 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

To note on the offense, we've scored in the last 3 weeks:

17 points vs Pittsburgh, they allowe 16.5 per game.

24 vs Cincy, they allow 19.9 per game.

23 vs Baltimore, they allow 17.1 per game.

All 3 are top 10 scoring defenses, and we scored as much as Pittsburgh usually allows and scored more than Cincy and Baltimore usually allow.

Not to say the offense hasn't had it's issues, but in context, it's done better than what would be expected(or on par with expected vs Pittsburgh) in the last 3 games. Mariota having a bad game and Delanie dropping a TD prevented us from doing even better vs the Steelers.

If you look at the games Mariota played in entirety:

16 vs Oakland, they allow 24.7 ppg

37 vs Jacksonville, they allow 14.1 ppg.

33 vs Seattle, they allow 19.9 ppg.

36 vs Indianapolis, they allow 28 ppg.

12 vs Cleveland, they allow 25.9 ppg.

23 vs Baltimore, they allow 17.1 ppg.

24 vs Cincy, they allow 19.9 ppg.

17 vs Pitt, they allow 16.5 ppg.

So in 6 of 8 games with Mariota starting the entirety we've scored above or at what the defense we're facing usually allows. 5 of 8 we're at least a field goal above. Offense has things it needs to fix, but the world isn't ending for the offense.

Ravens have had like 3 shutouts this year. 
I think those teams struggling offenses (Ravens, Browns, Bengals) make people forget about their top ranked defenses.  Pitt has this top ranked defense and we should have scored more if it wasn't for self-inflicted mistakes. Also for 3 quarters we played a pretty good defensive game. The final score doesn't reflex the game in my opinion.

I love this post because it shows that despite our own struggles we produced against those teams and what they normally allow.

26 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Here's a serious question 

is Daquan jones good? I totally understand that his role is to eat up space and free up LBs (and our run D is solid). but you usually hear a guy's name called at least once during the first 10 games of a season.

No he’s average he does nothing aside from stop the run, he’s a 5 tech DE That can’t rush the passer or require a double team. If we get a threat at DE & NT our sack total will be top 10. We have edge rushers but not a soul inside rushers aside from cassey.

43 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

No he’s average he does nothing aside from stop the run, he’s a 5 tech DE That can’t rush the passer or require a double team. If we get a threat at DE & NT our sack total will be top 10. We have edge rushers but not a soul inside rushers aside from cassey.

Yeah, pretty much this. I don't think he's necessarily a liability, but he never offered anything as a pass rusher, and frankly I thought he played much better as a run stopper the past couple of years than he is doing now. He's definitely not a disappointment the same way Williamson is, for example, because I don't feel like the expectations were the same for the two or that Jones was at any point expected to make a big leap. I'd still very much rather have him back and let Williams go, and add another solid body on the interior to push him to a depth role. My wish would be someone like Bennie Logan or Sheldon Richardson, if we were to target a FA.

4 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Here's a serious question 

is Daquan jones good? I totally understand that his role is to eat up space and free up LBs (and our run D is solid). but you usually hear a guy's name called at least once during the first 10 games of a season.

I know it's not reliable but analyst and reports say he is...lol  Maybe he'd be more explosive in a 4-3, but for most part, I don't ever feel like he is hurting us.

Archived