Tennessee Titans Free Talk Venting Thread

Titans fan 617

You click on the underline is his pro football focus grade. Again him & selvester Williams are the reason we get no push in rushing the passer when only sending 4. 

Daquan doesn’t require a double team can’t come off the edge penetrate the gap, which means teams can easily gameplan at Orakpo. By Sylvester not being able to push the pocket & command a double team, Cassey is doubled all day. 

This a reason why I also believe again **** LeBeau has to go we spent all that money on Williams, & Cyprien but neither have been put in position to make plays do to we're all about forcing people to play our system. 

19 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Our front 7 as a whole lacks athleticism. Jurrell has plenty of it, Jayon too (but he will fall of a cliff eventually, as all our young LBs do). But as a whole, we lack explosion and speed. 

Aaron Wallace has that speed to get after the QB, but so far he can't seem to stay healthy.  Our biggest problem is Casey is the only starter on the D-line who seems to make any kind of impact.  At this point, I'd try letting Karl Klug start a few games with Casey to see if that combo improves anything.  I don't even know the names of the other starters on the D-line because I barely ever hear them called.

EDIT:  Erik Walden has made some plays for us, so I at least stand corrected in that sense.

4 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Not sure if it's been posted, but listen to this Robiskie interview if you feel like crying. He HAS to be gone this offseason

http://m.titansonline.com/video/videos/Terry-Robiskie-on-Play-Calling-Philosophy-/cc8d2be0-9d46-4ec0-8e05-c6618aed408e

Never deserved the job.... But Mularkey is an idiot so....

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

They did blitz what looks like 6 players. If Douglas wasn't there (might as well not have been there) it would have been a free rush probably and a sack anyway.  
The way to have beat that is if Marcus recognized the blitz and slid the protection over there. 
Cause it looked like Walker picked up and released, then the Conklin picked him up.
Murray picked up a guy.
Spain and Jones doubled a guy
Lewan had a guy
Kline had a guy.

Leaving Douglas to try to block the rusher. 
It was an effective blitz. However, it could have been blocked better if Lewan fanned out to get the guy Douglas blocked and Jones and Spain each picked up a guy. 
Conklin gets his guy outright with Walker free releasing and Murray pick up a guy.  If anything Douglas should have been there to chip and release.  

Summary, to me....
Bad formation vs that blitz (stunt) also maybe blocking could have been adjusted.

But I guess the easier answer is the offense sucks...lol Fire the coach. :) 

I do think we could go through every game played yesterday and find a match up that shouldn't have been, whether it's an elite rusher against a RB or Low level TE or a LB trying to cover an WR.
Doesn't excuse putting Douglas in a position to fail, but also isn't unique to our team.

44 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

great thread following this original tweet -- suggest all checking it out

this is what I've been saying about Mariota:

That was a good thread of evidence. 
Mariota is asked to be perfect on almost every throw based on the offense. It's heavily scheme driven.

Archived