Tennessee Titans Free Talk Venting Thread

Titans fan 617

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Robiskie and this offensive system has to go.  
If he doesn't want to change up this offense, then Murlakey will need to go, just like Munchak.  

Can't defend something that has performed like it has this year.  

Pretty much this. If Mularkey is willing to change the scheme and coordinator, I'm fine with him as head coach. If it comes down to losing Mularkey in order to fire Robiskie, both of them can get out of here.

Just now, titans0021 said:

Pretty much this. If Mularkey is willing to change the scheme and coordinator, I'm fine with him as head coach. If it comes down to losing Mularkey in order to fire Robiskie, both of them can get out of here.

Next year is the last year of his contract (3 year deal).  If he wants to be firm like Munchak was then he can go down with his ship.  
If we don't make the playoffs, he will have to take the fall. No reason for this team not to make the playoffs, with where they stand now. 
I'm sure if that is the scenario, you have people on this forum and other places hoping we lose out. 

I just look at the assets we've invested on the offense vs. the return and just can't see any way we can justify not making changes to the coaching staff, specifically at coordinator. Two top 11 picks at tackle, decent-sized FA at center, second-round pick at running back, healthy contract at running back, top two pick at quarterback, top five pick at receiver, two more decent-sized FAs at WR, third-round pick at tight end and an elite tight end. 

All of that equals an offense that ranks 19th in points and 22nd in yards (and both of those numbers could drop after today's performance). No excuses can be made

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I just look at the assets we've invested on the offense vs. the return and just can't see any way we can justify not making changes to the coaching staff, specifically at coordinator. Two top 11 picks at tackle, decent-sized FA at center, second-round pick at running back, healthy contract at running back, top two pick at quarterback, top five pick at receiver, two more decent-sized FAs at WR, third-round pick at tight end and an elite tight end. 

All of that equals an offense that ranks 19th in points and 22nd in yards (and both of those numbers could drop after today's performance). No excuses can be made

mean something has to happen. lol 

An offense with two 1st round OTs (sure one went out today but still)
All-Pro RT.
All-Pro like TE.
Big FA RB- All star last year.
2nd round RB.
Top 5 drafted WR.
Two sought after FA WRs.
#2 Overall pick at QB.

We scored 7 points.  I'm not sure of the breakdown by halves. But I'm pretty sure we didn't convert more than 3-4 first downs in the 2nd half. Had less than 100 yards. Maybe even less than 70.
You don't perform like that and keep your job. 
Bottom half of the league in total yards, passing yards. Middle of road in scoring. 

Change needs to happen. 

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Inexcusable.

If Mularkey keeps Robiskie next season, I don't know how many games I'll be watching, if any. Just save myself from the disappointment.

Honestly, the regression from Mariota this season has really taken its toll on me. Just feels like we're wasting the career of the closest thing to a franchise QB we've had since McNair, with this ancient offense.

3 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Inexcusable.

If Mularkey keeps Robiskie next season, I don't know how many games I'll be watching, if any. Just save myself from the disappointment.

Honestly, the regression from Mariota this season has really taken its toll on me. Just feels like we're wasting the career of the closest thing to a franchise QB we've had since McNair, with this ancient offense.

Just now, TitanSlim said:

Honestly, the regression from Mariota has really taken its toll on me.

This, beyond anything else, is what has made it tough for me to get excited for Sundays lately. And it's not just Marcus, nobody has improved on the offensive side of the ball. Mariota has taken a step back. Murray has taken a step back. All three interior linemen have taken a step back. Some players showing some regression is going to happen in the NFL, but usually it's balanced out by other players stepping up. Nobody has improved from last year on offense. Lewan and Walker are still great, but I wouldn't say either of them is ahead of last year (not that they've regressed). Henry is essentially the same player with the same positives and negatives. And none of the rookies have played all that well on the offensive side.

I just don't have any reason to think that the offense is going to suddenly click over the next three weeks. I would love it if it did, but nobody is giving me any reason to have any faith in that entire side of the ball.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

This, beyond anything else, is what has made it tough for me to get excited for Sundays lately. And it's not just Marcus, nobody has improved on the offensive side of the ball. Mariota has taken a step back. Murray has taken a step back. All three interior linemen have taken a step back. Some players showing some regression is going to happen in the NFL, but usually it's balanced out by other players stepping up. Nobody has improved from last year on offense. Lewan and Walker are still great, but I wouldn't say either of them is ahead of last year (not that they've regressed). Henry is essentially the same player with the same positives and negatives. And none of the rookies have played all that well on the offensive side.

I just don't have any reason to think that the offense is going to suddenly click over the next three weeks. I would love it if it did, but nobody is giving me any reason to have any faith in that entire side of the ball.

Every week it was "I think this is the week our offense gets it together" and here we are after only scoring 7 points in week 14.

The sad thing is the weaknesses we had last year (lack of speed, lack of seperation by our WRs, to name a few) are still here. Add that with regression from Mariota and our run game, plus questionable playcalling, and you have the product we've had to witness these past 13 games.

We're 8-5 and still in a position to make the playoffs for the first time in close to a decade, yet I feel as down as I was in the Munchak era(the Whisenhunt era was a whole 'nother thing).

HERE'S A VENT

ok I LOVE MIKE TOMLIN. I'd run through a wall for him. I'm watching Pitt-Balt right now and they showed him in the middle of the entire defense, chewing into them and pumping them up. Collinsworth said "that man was born to be a football coach."

When has Mularkey ever done something like that?

Archived