Tennessee Titans Free Talk Venting Thread

Titans fan 617

I know it's not entirely fair to expect Corey Davis to come in and change things after missing the vast majority of camp and the first half of his rookie season, but man, I really hoped he could add something to the offense. Right now, he's nothing more than just another guy. Obviously I'm not writing him off, but man, it's discouraging how invisible he's been.

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

HERE'S A VENT

ok I LOVE MIKE TOMLIN. I'd run through a wall for him. I'm watching Pitt-Balt right now and they showed him in the middle of the entire defense, chewing into them and pumping them up. Collinsworth said "that man was born to be a football coach."

When has Mularkey ever done something like that?

I do find it slightly funny that after Collinsworth talked about it, the Ravens immediately turned around and scored a touchdown.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I know it's not entirely fair to expect Corey Davis to come in and change things after missing the vast majority of camp and the first half of his rookie season, but man, I really hoped he could add something to the offense. Right now, he's nothing more than just another guy. Obviously I'm not writing him off, but man, it's discouraging how invisible he's been.

I remember hearing this somewhere, I think it was on the radio, but someone asked Todd Gurley what the difference for the Rams offense is this year compared to last year and he literally said that it's not a middle school offense anymore lmao. Can't help but think it's the same situation here

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

super, super early

but he doesn't seem like a guy that WANTS IT. WRs need to want to be the baddest dudes in the room. He doesn't want to hit anyone. He doesn't want to embarrass anyone. 

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

but he doesn't seem like a guy that WANTS IT. WRs need to want to be the baddest dudes in the room. He doesn't want to hit anyone. He doesn't want to embarrass anyone. 

The most encouraging thing I can say about his performance today was that on the long Murray run that was called back, he came racing from across the field to get in front of DeMarco and block the corner that was coming up to try to make the tackle. Given his blocking issues this season, at least seeing him put forth a ton of effort to throw a block and try to spring a big play but was nice.

13 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

This offense doesn't allow him to add anything. It's all pre-designed reads. 
It goes to spots, not to a WR.

It doesn't target WRs.  Davis is being wasted more than Marcus to me...

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

This offense doesn't allow him to add anything. It's all pre-designed reads. 
It goes to spots, not to a WR.

It doesn't target WRs.  Davis is being wasted more than Marcus to me...

I definitely agree with this. The scheme gives very, very few opportunities for wide receivers to actually work in space. The best RAC opportunities Davis can possibly hope for in this system are on shallow crossing routes, but even those are usually bottled up because they involve crossing the middle of the field, where almost all of the defense is bunched up because we're running five tight end sets.

11 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I think missing OTAs, most of training camp, preseason and the five regular season games has really messed up his rookie year. Mental reps are great but you've got to actually go out there and play against the big boys. It's hard for Mariota to build that trust for him with him being out for those extended period of time.

Hopefully, a full healthy offseason will do wonders for he and Mariota in terms of building that trust and repertoire.

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

I think missing OTAs, most of training camp, preseason and the five regular season games has really messed up his rookie year. Mental reps are great but you've got to actually go out there and play against the big boys. It's hard for Mariota to build that trust for him with him being out for those extended period of time.

Hopefully, a full healthy offseason will do wonders for he and Mariota in terms of building that trust and repertoire.

He is just another WR in this system. Now if he was a TE, then he'd be in for a world of stardom. lol

No matter his skill level, it seems the WR in this system is just a guy .

He is just another WR in this system. Now if he was a TE, then he'd be in for a world of stardom. lol

Just out there to run crossing routes and hopefully try to get behind the defense when we go max protect play action with two guys out running routes.

Unfortunately, you're right with our current offensive system.

Which begs the question of why even draft him at 5 if he's going to be "JAG" in this offense.

Just now, TitanSlim said:

Unfortunately, you're right with our current offensive system.

Which begs the question of why even draft him at 5 if he's going to be "JAG" in this offense.

if you ask me, JRob and Mularkey aren't nearly on the same page as they were last year

Corey Davis and Taywan Taylor have zero role in this offense.

Archived