Raiders RB Isaiah Crowell tears achilles; Out for the year

TheKillerNacho

3 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  Really too bad for the guy.  Always like Crowell as a solid #2/tandem back type.  A few times, seemed like maybe he was on the cusp of being something more but never really seemed to put it together consistently and lock down a steady gig in a good scheme fit.  But there's always just so much fresh blood racing to get fed into the NFL RB meatgrinder.  And achilles is especially tough.  He did carve out a decent chunk of change for himself though.

Paid 9.1 million o er his career. Half in taxes takes it to 4.5 agent and lawyers makes it 3.9 million. 

He wi have to work again and won't be able to see up his family for life unless he has invested very well.

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Paid 9.1 million o er his career. Half in taxes takes it to 4.5 agent and lawyers makes it 3.9 million. 

He wi have to work again and won't be able to see up his family for life unless he has invested very well.

maybe he gets a job at NFL Network lol

On 05/05/2019 at 11:43 PM, Kiwibrown said:

It's certainly not exactly "set for life" money.  Certainly not "baller 4 lyfe" reckless spending garage full of Lambos and Bentleys money.  But combined with whatever sorts of endorsements and peripheral income he has been able to land over his career...with reasonable investing, that's pretty much, "live a comfortable normal life" sort of money.  Really not too bad.  Far far better than you can say of most UDFA ~5 year RBs who never quite managed to fully establish themselves as a go-to Starter.  

I mean, obviously tough to compare to "normal people"...but for context, it'd take someone making like $60k a year after taxes like 65 years to accrue that sort $3.9M.  And he's got it all up front where he can put it to work earning for him early.  Depending on how much of it got blown while thinking he'd have a longer career i guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

It's certainly not exactly "set for life" money.  Certainly not "baller 4 lyfe" reckless spending garage full of Lambos and Bentleys money.  But combined with whatever sorts of endorsements and peripheral income he has been able to land over his career...with reasonable investing, that's pretty much, "live a comfortable normal life" sort of money.  Really not too bad.  Far far better than you can say of most UDFA ~5 year RBs who never quite managed to fully establish themselves as a go-to Starter.  

I mean, obviously tough to compare to "normal people"...but for context, it'd take someone making like $60k a year after taxes like 65 years to accrue that sort $3.9M.  And he's got it all up front where he can put it to work earning for him early.  Depending on how much of it got blown while thinking he'd have a longer career i guess.

He has earned the NFL pension also. He should be set for life. 

The poorer people that make it to the nfl have a lot of people too look after. 

On 5/1/2019 at 10:28 AM, daineraider said:

We will wait until you cut Dixon.

On 5/1/2019 at 4:07 PM, RavensfanRD said:

Listen, stop trying to do smart things!

Seriously doubt Dixon gets cut.  Team may be willing to part with him for a day-3 pick, though (probably 6th/7th).  He's a solid back and might be a better #2 than Martin at this point for the Raiders. 

On 5/10/2019 at 9:50 PM, sp6488 said:

Seriously doubt Dixon gets cut.  Team may be willing to part with him for a day-3 pick, though (probably 6th/7th).  He's a solid back and might be a better #2 than Martin at this point for the Raiders. 

I was mostly being sarcastic.  We drafted Jacobs and have Martin, Richard, Washington, and Warren with an option to bring back Marshawn.  I can’t imagine us trading for an RB.  If anything we will go with the guys we have or wait until guys start getting cut.

I don't like to see anyone get hurt - but karma in action and no sympathy here. That stunt he pulled last September the first time he returned to the team that gave him his first NFL chance was childish and bush league - and highly inappropriate. Have fun fighting the long odds to get back on an NFL roster.

• Like 1